Monterrey v Chelsea

Jase

Good news for Chelsea, Monterrey's best player will be out for injury:

They report in their oficial site (http://www.rayados.c...rticulo/1262916) that he is out 4 weeks due to a laceration in his thigh he got training this friday,

This César Delgado guy looks a handful doesn't he...his goalscoring record in recent years doesn't seem very impressive,but we have to look out for him nonetheless,seems to be in decent form...

I hope Monterrey don't have a couple of Chicharitos up their sleeves do they? :blink:

Delgado is pretty much hit or miss in his game, sometimes he shines like today, sometimes he's anonymous in the pitch.

Nah, they have some young (and not so young) promising players (Hiram Mier, Guillermo Madrigal and Jesús Corona) but just Mier (but is a CB) is already ready for Europe tho.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How lucky am i... my manager said he wants me to have Thursday as my day off next week as he wants me in on Saturday. I usually don't like working Saturdays but i aint gonna moan at this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x0DNFIVhOQ

judging from this, their star player is probably not the GK lol

From the highlights, They look a good team. But i know nothing about either side, Their opponents could of been like QPR or someone awful like that.

Hopefully we'll just turn up and play straight away, and not underestimate any-team.

I hope you guys win this game against Monterrey.

I'm glad you don't know anything about teams out of Europe and you think you are the best just because the television say that.

Win this game and play versus Conrinthians, on final, please.

There is more than 25.000 Corinthians fans coming from Brazil to Japan to watch this tournament. We are more than 35 millions around the world.

You will see what we can do to support our team during the game.

Don't be afraid blue chickens. :cry:

See you there :D

I hope those 35 million are ready to watch their team be destroyed. Moron.

How lucky am i... my manager said he wants me to have Thursday as my day off next week as he wants me in on Saturday. I usually don't like working Saturdays but i aint gonna moan at this one.

just get one of your mates to sign in for you on Saturday

:ph34r::Goober:

I'm glad you don't know anything about teams out of Europe and you think you are the best just because the television say that.

There is more than 25.000 Corinthians fans coming from Brazil to Japan to watch this tournament. We are more than 35 millions around the world.

You've got to win your game first Mr We're so perfect.

Mexican here.

About the guy posting above, Monterrey's GK is usually really good, just a bit prone to brain farts, like a classic Latin American gk, great shot stopper, not that good against crosses.

The defense is good, especially the CB pairing (Basanta being a reliable experienced CB and Mier being a really promising youngster, he was starter in the Mexican side who won gold in London), the weakest spot are the RB-LB, they're average, sort of good at defending, but pretty slow so they suffer against speedy wingers.

Monterrey's strongest point are obviously their attack, adding that like any Latin American they're great with the ball at the feet. De Nigris usually does the "target man" role, while Suazo finishes.

I still see Chelsea winning by 2 goals, but Monterrey shouldn't be underestimated.

I think your defense and goalkeeper are a bit worse than what you discribed, but an immense thanks for the info!

Mate, how stupid are you?

You are the one being influenced by the media. Read the threads here and you will start respecting Chelsea fans. Stop believing the stupid Brazilian Media, they are all trying to make European and American people look like arrogant pricks. It is the same as CNN trying to make every arab descendent look as a terrorist. This is abosutely bullshit.

Btw, you are only 26mi and most of which cant even buy a cup of tea. Second, CFC had a 200k parade on May 20th and you praise 15k fans at the airport? Chelsea has more Japanese fans than what you will have at the stadium. We brought 40k to Munich! The only thing I do agree with you is that you guys are fucking loud.

CHELSEA WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Dont want to sound arrogant but all three of the goals they scored wouldn't even be scored against a Championship side so never mind us. The defending was fucking horrible, we're not as good defensively as we were 5 years ago but we aren't that shit at the back! Not even 50 David Luiz brain farts would result in such goals.

Also bring on Corinthians in the final so we can fucking beat them 5-0 :D Then sign Paulinho in January after he pleads to join the team that destroyed his team 5-0. Doesn't matter how many fans you guys will bring, we will still smash yous easily! No offense but this is Chelsea, European Champions, not some Colombian amateurs!

Is funny that you dont know anything about soccer out of your "capsule" (europe)

In america we know more about soccer, and trust me, Monterrey is not that easy as you may think, you will see it, there is a soccer player called "jesus Corona"(19 years old) who is playing really good

you think you are the best team in the world....please show it next thrusday

By other hand, you were the last champion un europe right?

how is going the recent champion league edition this year for you??

yes we fucked up in the champions league but we are going to do better in this competition due to easier opposition (no offense but Juve and Shakhtar are a different kettle of fish) and its another trophy we don't have!

Is funny that you dont know anything about soccer out of your "capsule" (europe)

In america we know more about soccer, and trust me, Monterrey is not that easy as you may think, you will see it, there is a soccer player called "jesus Corona"(19 years old) who is playing really good

It is stupid how people get caught up in the stereotype. I know many fans dont know a lot about international football, but why are you better? Give me the lineup, qualities and deficiencies of Ulsan Hyundai you just played yesterday? You talk about European Capsule while your country only pays attention to NFL, NBA, MLB, etc!

There are some fans who really know about tactics, abroad teams, etc. That knows about football in general. Also, the staff we have prepare the club really well and does not get stuck with general arrogancy.

Btw, Monterrey is not good. They are not bad and they have some natural flair talent in the attack, but they struggle defensively and if the GK isnt in his best days you are fucked.

It is stupid how people get caught up in the stereotype. I know many fans dont know a lot about international football, but why are you better? Give me the lineup, qualities and deficiencies of Ulsan Hyundai you just played yesterday?

This is true, everybody has in own buble/capsule, that's why a tourny like the CWC is so atractive in my opinion, even though I understand if Europeans or even South Americans feel it's a nuisance, nobody want to play against lower level opposition, but seeing it in the eyes of an Al Alhy/Sanfrecce/Ulsan/Monterrey perspective is their only way to have a real game with an European or South American powerhouse in a competitive match, and a chance for being in the world's spotlight even if for just a game.

I, as a Mexican, don't even know that much about the MLS or the Costa Rican league and they're in our same confederation.

You talk about European Capsule while your country only pays attention to NFL, NBA, MLB, etc!

Sort of... but not completely true.

Btw, Monterrey is not good. They are not bad and they have some natural flair talent in the attack, but they struggle defensively and if the GK isnt in his best days you are fucked.

The CBs are good, they're just slow but can do the work. The real liability are the wings, especially the fullbacks who are average at best. Chelsea also can exploit the fact Monterrey has no natural defensive midfielder.

Jonathan Orozco is good, not great, not world class, but better than you give him credit for, I know is hard to believe especially after his blunder against Ulsan, but he's mostly a hero for Monterrey, not the villian, he's not in the Mexican NT just cuz there are many Mexican GKs around his level and just two guys clearly above (Guillermo Ochoa and José de Jesús Corona). Anyways, Orozco like most Mexican keepers suffers with crosses, he really does.

lol "Soccer"...it's FOOTBALL. You kick the ball with the FOOT.

yeah they were bad, but we were worse

we were the team ranked lowest (6th) in their division to win the CL

but anyway doesn't matter now, we have to win this

Liverpool in 2005 were worse.

While they finished 5th that season and us 6th, Liverpool (2005) ammased 55 points while in our CL winning season we got 64.

To be honest I'd be fairly happy if we just won this and got CL qualification this season. It's a transition season and I've accepted that.

If im being perfectly honest i accepted this since the day after Munich.