Monterrey v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope we do treat this properly because Corinthians are a very big team in Brazil, have huge support and this is such a big tournament for them. Rafa knows how to win it so he'll have the team well prepared. This may be the one 'moment' that i'm happy Rafa is our boss just for that bit of experience in this tournament.

I don't know why these Mexicans and Brazilians are all coming here and shouting their mouths off. we don't know much about your teams because we don't really have the tv coverage of your games here but we know that technically your teams will be extremely good. We are the favourites, even you all may accept that but we're certainly taking nothing for granted. We're all looking forward to it and i'm sure our fans have much respect for your teams and we hope for 2 great games.

To beat a Brazilian team in a world club final would be a great day in our history, as would winning this trophy. To me personally, i don't look at this trophy as a nuisance or a lower priority because this really is a once in a lifetime event for our club. There's no guarantee we'll ever be in it again and it also helps raise the profile of the club. This could do wonders for our brand to win such a big tournament around the other side of the world.

I enjoy watching Mexico and Brazil play, both teams are so exciting to watch so i hope you don't look at us at a disrespectful English team who know nothing about other football because it's not true. We've got Brazilians, Africans, Europeans as well as our English and have fans from everywhere around the world. Maybe we deserve more credit.

i don't like american sports (except Basketball and ice-hockey) and believe that football should referred to as football and not soccer. american/aussie football barely use foot as far as i know. just call it rugby or something

Calling it "football" is fine where you can, but it just doesn't work over here because the NFL is the most popular sport so if you say "did you watch football yesterday?" or something, 100% of people will assume you mean American football. It just would never work to call it anything other than soccer. (And this is even among my friends who are Italian, Portuguese, Brazilian, etc...they all still say "soccer") I can actually use another example from your previous sentence of why this happens. Nobody in North America calls it "Ice Hockey" because the word "ice" is only used to differentiate it from what we call "field hockey". We just call it hockey because here, field hockey is a sport for girls in high school so nobody really talks about it. It doesn't bother me if someone else calls hockey "ice hockey" at all though. Language is fluid and adapts to different cultures and circumstances.

I hope we do treat this properly because Corinthians are a very big team in Brazil, have huge support and this is such a big tournament for them. Rafa knows how to win it so he'll have the team well prepared. This may be the one 'moment' that i'm happy Rafa is our boss just for that bit of experience in this tournament.

I don't know why these Mexicans and Brazilians are all coming here and shouting their mouths off. we don't know much about your teams because we don't really have the tv coverage of your games here but we know that technically your teams will be extremely good. We are the favourites, even you all may accept that but we're certainly taking nothing for granted. We're all looking forward to it and i'm sure our fans have much respect for your teams and we hope for 2 great games.

To beat a Brazilian team in a world club final would be a great day in our history, as would winning this trophy. To me personally, i don't look at this trophy as a nuisance or a lower priority because this really is a once in a lifetime event for our club. There's no guarantee we'll ever be in it again and it also helps raise the profile of the club. This could do wonders for our brand to win such a big tournament around the other side of the world.

I enjoy watching Mexico and Brazil play, both teams are so exciting to watch so i hope you don't look at us at a disrespectful English team who know nothing about other football because it's not true. We've got Brazilians, Africans, Europeans as well as our English and have fans from everywhere around the world. Maybe we deserve more credit.

what makes you so confident that Corinthians will even make the final? Al Ahly are no mugs they have some good players in their team and are capable of beating Corinthians.

If I moved to America/Canada I would still call it football and spank anyone who still said soccer.

British arrogance at it's finest.

Haha. Yeah, but if you have an accent people will understand what you mean. Without the accent, it just doesn't fly over here. Everyone will think you mean hand egg.

Not aimed at you, but the fact that this soccer debate legitimately upsets some people seems funny. I don't get upset when someone over here calls an elevator a lift or a flashlight a torch. Seems a weird thing to have an argument over.