Monterrey v Chelsea

Jase

Mexican here.

About the guy posting above, Monterrey's GK is usually really good, just a bit prone to brain farts, like a classic Latin American gk, great shot stopper, not that good against crosses.

The defense is good, especially the CB pairing (Basanta being a reliable experienced CB and Mier being a really promising youngster, he was starter in the Mexican side who won gold in London), the weakest spot are the RB-LB, they're average, sort of good at defending, but pretty slow so they suffer against speedy wingers.

Monterrey's strongest point are obviously their attack, adding that like any Latin American they're great with the ball at the feet. De Nigris usually does the "target man" role, while Suazo finishes.

I still see Chelsea winning by 2 goals, but Monterrey shouldn't be underestimated.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there something broken with my browser or has the next match tracker not been updated yet?I am quite reliant upon it you know...

Anyways we don't want to be the first European Champions in 6 years not to win the CWC...given the reception our players received in Japan,they should feel right at home...

I hope all three of the individual awards(golden,silver and bronze ball) are awarded to Chelsea players...now that would be a confidence boost...

This César Delgado guy looks a handful doesn't he...his goalscoring record in recent years doesn't seem very impressive,but we have to look out for him nonetheless,seems to be in decent form...

I hope Monterrey don't have a couple of Chicharitos up their sleeves do they? :blink:

Mexican here.

About the guy posting above, Monterrey's GK is usually really good, just a bit prone to brain farts, like a classic Latin American gk, great shot stopper, not that good agaisnt crosses.

The defense is good, especially the CB pairing (Basanta being a realiable experienced CB and Mier being a really promising youngster, he was starter in the Mexican side who won gold in London), the weakest spot are the RB-LB, they're average, sort of good at defending, but pretty slow so they suffer agaisnt speedy wingers.

Monterrey's strongest point are obviously their attack, adding that like any Latin American they're great with the ball at the feet. De Nigris usually does the "target man" role, while Suazo finishes.

I still see Chelsea winning by 2 goals, but Monterrey shouldn't be understimated.

Welcome to TC and thank you for the information. If you don't mind, I'd like to ask you about Monterrey's form. They're not doing too well in the league (7th I think). Why is that? And what's their weakness?

Welcome to TC and thank you for the information. If you don't mind, I'd like to ask you about Monterrey's form. They're not doing too well in the league (7th I think). Why is that? And what's their weakness?

Mexican league already ended in fact (our format is copied from Argentine having two seasons in a football year). Monterrey's certainly not in good form, they just reached quaterfinals in the Mexican Apertura's play-offs against the eventual champions Tijuana Xoloitzcuintles. I have to put Mexican league in context, here there are some disparities in budget, but most teams are sort of a similar level, so the league's results tend to be pretty irregular. Also Monterrey was dealing with many injuries of some important players (their better CM, Eduardo Zavala who plays for the Mexican senior NT, couldn't make this tourny in fact, so they have no natural CM there), also their best player, Chilean Humberto was rested in this match.

Monterrey loves possesion, but it's not really agressive, so they like hanging the ball around in a sloppy way. They're pretty vulnerable to fast players and (like any Mexican team) to set-pieces.

I hope you guys win this game against Monterrey.

I'm glad you don't know anything about teams out of Europe and you think you are the best just because the television say that.

Win this game and play versus Conrinthians, on final, please.

There is more than 25.000 Corinthians fans coming from Brazil to Japan to watch this tournament. We are more than 35 millions around the world.

You will see what we can do to support our team during the game.

Don't be afraid blue chickens. :cry:

See you there :D

I'm glad you don't know anything about teams out of Europe and you think you are the best just because the television say that.

There is more than 25.000 Corinthians fans coming from Brazil to Japan to watch this tournament. We are more than 35 millions around the world.

You can bring all the 35 million to Japan but no one will notice you while Lampard lifts the trophy on the 16th.

There is more than 25.000 Corinthians fans coming from Brazil to Japan to watch this tournament.

Is that all?

We had more than that in Munich for the Champions League Final. Do the Corinthian fans not really care about supporting their team abroad?

Plus in defence of most European posters, they've heard of the big Brazilian teams like Santos and Sao Paulo.

Is that all?

We had more than that in Munich for the Champions League Final. Do the Corinthian fans not really care about supporting their team abroad?

Plus in defence of most European posters, they've heard of the big Brazilian teams like Santos and Sao Paulo.

flying from Brazil to Japan is a bigger deal than walking from England to Germany.

Cool for you that makes you glad, but I think Rafa and some of our Brazilian players know a bit more.

In Japan there a 5000 Corinthians fans but more than 90,000 Chelsea fans. Worldwide we are 140m, I do not have a clue why that does matter.

Lol, never heard the term "blue chickens" before. Keep calm, we are surely not afraid as our televisions have told us we are the best.

You got a really interesting history btw. the club Corinthians Sao paulo is a hommage to the Corinthians from London, a club proud of its working class origin that toured through Brazil for caritative matches, winning all 6 of them. The locals were so impressed by their down-to earth values, they emulated it. That is probably also why you are participating at a merely caritative Fifa tournament in the farmers and crafters state japan...for nonprofit purposes only, of course. Cya in Yokohama, dawg.

WE know EVERYTHING about you .... Henriques told us ..In any case why should we be worried about some guys who named their

team after a bunch of Amateurs ,,, You could have called your selves Old Etonians or Royal Engineers or Spurs

LMAO

These guys from corinthians are disgusting.

case

thanks ...you see they can't live up to their chosen name .. The Corinthian Casuals set up to be an Ideal image of Sportsmanship ...

not often I am in agreement in with Henrique ..but in that case they must be a bunch of wankers perhaps not on the scumpool level but

certainly Levy's men

We have 48,000 at fourth tier games in the United Kingdom (you should check). I'm sure there would be many more thousands of Chelsea fans in Japan to follow our team if we didn't have work to go to :rolleyes: