Fernando Torres

Zola on Torres: "He has good spirit, but he doesn't love Chelsea, you can buy his service but you can never buy his love for Liverpool. Drogba loves Chelsea, speaks and eats Chelsea, his life is all about the team. Torres will never replace him."

Not sure if Zola really said this, but I thinks this opinion is true...

In my opinion, sturridge is stronger/hungrier than torres on the ball and has a far better first touch. So I know that at least he can hold up the ball better than torres.

Sturridge should come in early in the second half against manchester, so that we don't waste the whole game hopin that torres comes good.

I think his(sturridge) speed and the runs he makes will hurt man utd. And his style of play is perfect for mata through balls. At least he will also test the keeper even if his finishing may not be better than torres but I know he will shoot at the very least, rather than being disspossesed.

I saw a post of zola saying that toress doesn't love chelsea like he did at liverpool. Maybe that's what he's lacking but he is just an average striker at the level of welbeck in my opinion.

Why not blame the board? They're the ones who sanctioned the move.

When the transfer was made Torres was average at best and coming back from a serious knee injury/operation. If you're going to spend 50m on a player you have be 100% confident that he is at his peak, is able to perform immediately and is the best available. Was Torres any of those things when we got him? Not even close.

The transfer was ill-advised and has proven to be a monumental waste of resources. How can you applaud the club for wasting so much money? If we bought Andy Carroll for 50m would you still be applauding? Simply spending money means nothing if you're buying terrible players. Oh and I think you'll find there were many fans who didn't want him here.

How can you try to help somebody who is devoid of any talent? Everybody wanted guys like Kalou and Bosingwa gone but we're supposed to give Torres all the care and support in the world? Why? Pound for pound he is worse than them by a HUGE distance.

In the boards defense, beside bringing him when we already had a striker, I don't see much fault in them.

Though his form now is dreadful compared to his past, Torres was a world class striker then and was the best solution/option we had that would fit the style of play we wanted to achieve, in his case he wouldve been the perfect no.9 for our system. I can't see any other options that would've been better than him, and the club buying him actually proves my logic. He was a clinical finisher, had a burst of pace that would let him pass one v one situation, could hold the ball, could provide the focal point for his team by holding the line alone, was capable of intelligen runs, was really good in dribbling in tight spaces, he could even head, and had enough physical to fight for long balls, he was nothing but a complete striker and he was young too, and he showed/proved all of his characteristics by playin in the same league as us, and by terrorizing the best defenders like jt and vidic in the league. He used to be so good that he could play against two defenders, ( vidic and Ferdinand or jt and carvy) and still come on top.

Now, here's the deal, how can sumone ( the board in this case) ever even imagine that a player like him would be a gamble??

Everything that has happened to him, could've never been predicted and it could've happen to anyone.

We can all moan and blame the board on wasting the money but back then it was the best decision. Period.

And you can't compare him to carroll, not the past torres atleast. And about buying while injured, we still don't knw if he lost that extra pace because of that injury or after he joined Chelsea.

In the end no one can be blamed, since no one could've predicted it, not even Torres (sadly), he just doesn't have that pace like he used to, and i bet it hurts him the most than anyone.

All we can do is hope he comes out good, if not we buy a new striker in jan, till then we support him not only because his our player but also because we don't have any option beside not to!!

He needs to have a good performance against United(don't see RdM dropping him against them) if he performs the same way he did in Donetsk I don't want to see him any more as a starter in this squad. Freeze him out and offer him for free to Russian/Spanish club for free like Sheva in the winter. Simply to offload his massive wages - it's optimistic thinking anyone is actually going to pay anything over 10 million pounds for him at this time unless he is willing to lower his wage demands substantially.

If he has an indifferent performance loosing the ball, afraid of shooting, making the wrong decision just play Sturridge as first choice a few matches and figure out do we need to sign Falcao or just another striker to compete with Sturridge for a first team place on equal footing.

Spending much money on a striker doesn't seem wise anymore just look at HULK at zenith. They believe he is already sulking imagine if we had bought a sulking HULK over the summer remember we went for him also I'd want us to give sturridge a chance before january to see if he can overthrow torres he seems to want to play much more than torres. If that doesn't work then the only logical choice will be to buy Falcao whether he turns out a flop like torres or sheva we will know in the future.

Spending much money on a striker doesn't seem wise anymore just look at HULK at zenith. They believe he is already sulking imagine if we had bought a sulking HULK over the summer remember we went for him also I'd want us to give sturridge a chance before january to see if he can overthrow torres he seems to want to play much more than torres. If that doesn't work then the only logical choice will be to buy Falcao whether he turns out a flop like torres or sheva we will know in the future.

Hulk would have been just as much a flop as Torres. So overrated. Wouldn't even start for us.

He is the single most frustrating player ever...

He looks like he needs a good slap and a kick up the arse.

No denying he has ability - but so many things have to happen (lunar eclipse etc) before he can play well...

He needs to move on, as we do, invest in the future, forget the past...

The annoying thing with Torres is that he will score in one game and people will think this is going to kickstart his season but then he goes on a drought for another 3 games then will score in the next game and then people are left thinking maybe he is starting to hit his stride and then back to square 1. Really frustrating because if he was on fire every game I think people could easily argue we have the most fearsome attack in Europe

Can anyone truthfully say they weren't excited by the Torres transfer? Can anyone truthfully say that at the time, if we had the choice of signing Torres, Falcao or Cavani, they would've picked any of the latter two? I don't think so.