Fernando Torres

Probably should have been sent off... like De Jong in the World Cup...who also should have been. Still, the second yellow was just a horrible call.

It's a needless foul, in midfield he was always arriving late - reminded me of that pointless challenge against Swansea last season

Told the the fourth ref to fuck off straight to his face when leaving the pitch. 22 months since signing and he finally gained my respect :clap:

Reporting this incident to the FA right now, hopefully they ban him for the season. THEN he will have earned my respect. Taking one for the team!

hes done in my mind... no more time for him...

chelsea need a striker they can rely on for finishing (something torres was once good at)...

we need someone who everyone hates and has a striker mentality, not a cry baby who loses the ball and sends in our crosses (we have mata, oscar, cole, ivan, hazard, and rami for that)...

he doenst look like a natural goalscorer he once was, his confidence is shit, and i know he wont get it back at chelsea... im a big fan of torres but im a bigger fan of chelsea and he needs to leave... anyone else would do, except i dont like danny being our #9 and i feel that lukaku isnt yet ready or the type of player we need atm...

would love to see, dzeko, lewendowski, falcao, holt, balotelli, those guys would fit perfect...

As much as I want him to leave, I don't think Chelsea can afford to sell him. We would take too large of a transfer loss on our books if that was the case.

His 50M would have been amortized over his contract length which is 5 years, if we sell him now we have to record the remaining transfer sum THIS year. That's what like an extra 25M? I don't think we can afford that, considering we'd have to spend a lot to get a replacement too, so you're looking at a minimum of 35M of spending this year alone. I'm almost positive we can't afford to have an additional 35M in expenses this year considering how much we've already spent.

We're almost better off just buying a replacement in Jan and selling Torres next year so it goes on next year's books. Or loan him in Jan and sell next year.

I have a feeling this was it for Torres unfortunately, Studge will get his chance on Wednesday and if he plays well I think he starts against Swansea, if not I feel that HE is def going to go in the summer or jan winter break.

Torres has cast a shadow over our team ever since he arrived. It was a big mistake by Carlo to start him against Liverpool and disrupt a winning side and formation that we only just found again.

Its like a bad marriage now, where they are only staying together for the kids.

RDM, to his credit, did try to find another striker who could make a difference and was cheap enough not to upset his No1 status,a nd that problem will still remain in Jan, even if we did try and sign a top striker, they would be overpriced. Thankfully, we have Mata and Hazard etc to score the goals, but the role of your No1 striker is to step up in important games and deliver and not rely on others

he HAS to go. since yesterday every chelsea fan here (in my college) has vocally come out to support, even those who would not want to because we are normally outnumbered 5 to 1 by any other big club (barca, rm, arsenal, pool , cheators etc.). but still no one wants to get behind nando (and half of the chelsea supporters here are because of nando). he simply does not give the feel and vibe of a chelsea player and the sooner we realize this, the better. its best for both (nando and chelsea) if we accept that his stint here is a failure and it would be in the best interest of both the parties if we sell him in jan.

he HAS to go. since yesterday every chelsea fan here (in my college) has vocally come out to support, even those who would not want to because we are normally outnumbered 5 to 1 by any other big club (barca, rm, arsenal, pool , cheators etc.). but still no one wants to get behind nando (and half of the chelsea supporters here are because of nando). he simply does not give the feel and vibe of a chelsea player and the sooner we realize this, the better. its best for both (nando and chelsea) if we accept that his stint here is a failure and it would be in the best interest of both the parties if we sell him in jan.

sadly I am also feeling he must go

I have to agree with what has been said recently - His time is up. Simply not good enough and I hope that Danny Sturridge gets a real run in the team leading the line. I really wanted Fernando to succeed but it feels like we are flogging a dead horse. I don't believe that we can win the league title with Torres as the main striker and another forward in January now looks certain.

I want a striker that takes his chances.

i want a striker who takes his chances and creates his own too or atleast some1 who doesnt just rely on the "service" he is getting but also gets things done himself.

on a lighter note -

Mark Clattenberg reported by Chelsea for 'Inappropriate Language' Apparently he called Torres a striker.