Fernando Torres

Okay so now we're basing our opinions only on the match against Italy? What about being shit for the other 16 months he's been a Chelsea player?

That's what I'm trying to say. If he has to leave it's for the so-so time he endured in blue shirt, not for the fucking Italy game everyone is talking about. It really looks like some of you were just waiting for him to mess things up, so you can diss him.

That's what I'm trying to say. If he has to leave it's for the so-so time he endured in blue shirt, not for the fucking Italy game everyone is talking about. It really looks like some of you were just waiting for him to mess things up, so you can diss him.

So-So time? If he leaves his time at Chelsea will be seen as a complete failure for his dire performances.

There are two possibel theories:

1) We, Chelsea fans, were waiting and wanting our most expensive signing to fail just so we can "diss" him.

2) We've really had it with pleople making excuses for him and wanting to give him more chances after every time fails because his failure is damaging our club.

Tell me please, which of the two seems more likely to you?

Okay, to you Shane it may not be a so-so time, but to me that's just what it is - inconsistency, with some good level, MOTM performances and huge droughts.

CHOULO, I don't know what's your opinion about Torres. From what I've read you want him out since some time. That's fine. Even though I'm a 'Torres fanboy' for 5 years now, I have the head on my shoulders and I know when he's world class and when he's a Championship striker at best. I can see that, believe me.

I don't know how can I say it more clearly. Every time some 'shocking miss' happens, all the bad things about him from the past year pop out in the comments here. Aren't you guys tired yet? I don't want to be mean to anybody, and sorry if I am, but I'm just in terrible mood since yesterday + at school everyone is fucking with me as if it was me who missed the chances.

It's evident some Chelsea fans had enough of Fernando and want him to leave (fair enough, can't blame them), but stating it again and again isn't really helping. Support him or leave it without making things worst.

Okay, to you Shane it may not be a so-so time, but to me that's just what it is - inconsistency, with some good level, MOTM performances and huge droughts.

CHOULO, I don't know what's your opinion about Torres. From what I've read you want him out since some time. That's fine. Even though I'm a 'Torres fanboy' for 5 years now, I have the head on my shoulders and I know when he's world class and when he's a Championship striker at best. I can see that, believe me.

I don't know how can I say it more clearly. Every time some 'shocking miss' happens, all the bad things about him from the past year pop out in the comments here. Aren't you guys tired yet? I don't want to be mean to anybody, and sorry if I am, but I'm just in terrible mood since yesterday + at school everyone is fucking with me as if it was me who missed the chances.

It's evident some Chelsea fans had enough of Fernando and want him to leave (fair enough, can't blame them), but stating it again and again isn't really helping. Support him or leave it without making things worst.

About 5 good performances nowhere near make up the massive goal drought and the poor performances, the price tag and his behaviour after we won the Champions League.

No, the problem is that Torres has been very consistent, it's just that he's been consistently bad. And MOTM? Please...how many games was Torres really the best player on the pitch? Games against VIlla, QPR, Leicester, Genk, and Benfica...In 67 games, that's it.

So - You've been a Torres fan boy for 5 years, you admit.

5 years ago was 2007 - the year Torres signed for Liverpool.

So you've been a supporter and follower of Fernando Torres since he became Liverpool's (who we hate) star man?

This is what I was meaning earlier when I mentioned in my original post to everyone "Do you support Chelsea or do you just support Torres?" or whatever it was.

Leif, true mate, I said in my first post in TC in the new members section that I was a follower of Torres since his time of Atletico. So I don't see a problem about that, do you?

To all the others, you have your reasons, I just hope we wont regret it if he leaves.

People are going on like he missed 4 open goals in the Italy game. Fact is Spain looked about 10 times better when he came on. His chances weren't even easy to take.

I'm not an avid Torres fan, nor an avid Torres hater. I'm impartial to him. I feel he can still come good but if he doesn't we sell him next season, simple. We've got a more than capable back up option in Sturridge for next season.

Relax guys. People need to get off their high horses and stop using the Italy game to unleash their closet hatred for Torres.

He's a CFC player, still has time to turn around his career here, so let's support him. Simple.

The same striker who has, only once in his entire career (11 full seasons including one in 2nd division) scored over 20 league goals in a season (07-08, his first in England), and who has only once scored over 30 goals in all competitions (same 07-08 season). A striker who over the last 3 years, has scored only 16 league goals in 69 appearances, 21 goals in 83 appearances in all competitions, and for his national team has scored 5 goals in 23 appearances.

And people tell us to eat humble pie in a few months after we have "build a team that suits Torres" - well Torres ain't worthy to build a team around, maybe if we were Liverpool but not a club that's challenging for the Champions League and other titles. His time at Chelsea FC have proven this not 15 minutes in a game against Italy it was the systematic failure at Chelsea that made me loose hope - not some cameo at the Euro. Although the cameo was systematic of what mainly worries me about Torres, he doesn't have the mentality and to be the main men at a team like Chelsea. Give him the captaincy at some always second team like Pathetico and Looserpool

This thread is jokes. Torres has had many great performances for us but didn't score. I know he's a striker but on top of being just a striker, he's genuinely a very good technical footballer and plays for the team first and foremost. I still believe that he'll have a couple of awesome years for us, starting next season. If he doesn't fire next season, forget it.

Well, I'm not calling you a liar, but your profile says that you're 17, meaning you would be around 11/12 just as he's leaving Atletico Madrid, thus not giving you enough time to become a fan of his.

Of course unless you mean you started being a big fan of his when you were around 10 years old or younger, but I've rarely heard of non-Spanish people following Atletico Madrid of all teams or any of their players at such a young age, especially considering La Liga wasn't even broadcasted outside of Spain back then I believe.

Again, not accusing anyone of lying - Simply smelling something fishy. (maybe I need a shower.)

Brilliant at times? Give me one game this season where you could truely walk away from it thinking 'Wow, Torres was worldclass in that game. I feel treated to have watched such a magnificant performance'

where do i start! there have been so many games this season where Torres has been brilliant or had moments of brilliance in a game. Ok here we go off the top of my head, Stoke A, Man United A (before the miss), Leverkusen H, Genk H, Genk A, Swansea H (before the red card), Leicester H, Benfica A, QPR H.

Whether you want to believe it or not Torres has shown he has alot of quality in alot of games this season and he will continue to show that next season as well.

Leif, true mate, I said in my first post in TC in the new members section that I was a follower of Torres since his time of Atletico. So I don't see a problem about that, do you?

To all the others, you have your reasons, I just hope we wont regret it if he leaves.

You wont regret anything, you will just follow him to the next club..."We" Chelsea Football Club fans, need a striker that can score and we wont regret it when we get one that can score and dont need to cling on every string of hope praying he comes good....And honestly i have a problem with you being a Torres fan first, because you put Torres's best interest/fat paycheck at heart first before CFC, i just had to come out and say it...You should probably start a Nando forum and invite the fangirls on twitter along, where y'all can go and worship his crap....

Torres made spain look more dangerous in 15 mins then they did in 75, if he had of started, and not that joke of a 4-6-0 they would defo have gotten a goal outta of him at least even in piss poor form, he made the right runs, the right movement, he got 3 good chances and didnt convert so did alot of strikers in the last few days particulary everyones loverboy van persie for example, give torres 90mins and make their midfielder be midfielders and he wills core, Chelsea is also being built around him and we mite have a nice strike partner or replacement in Cavani,

Most of all those he wants to play here at chelsea, he likes it here and he even said one of his fav moments was during his short chelsea career, and we as the "fans" tho i dont think many of you really are, should respect the man who wants to give his best and is having a hard time, at least if he dosent score he actualyl deos something to contribute to the team rather then the media's and everyone favourite Sturridge the selfish and the useless just because he's english and the media likes to hype the shite outta them, you also have to remember how the media want him to fail miserbaly because he left their precious liverpool.

Here's a point everyone is missing - It wasn't Torres who made Spain look dangerous when he came on - It was the midfielders.

The tactics changed the moment he got on the pitch, and from that moment on, the midfielders no longer tried to pass the ball into the box, but instead tried as many hoofed, looped and through balls as possible, while Torres just ran behind the defenders, and then wasted the shot or dwelled too long before passing.