UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

2 hours ago, Atomiswave said:

Good enough for our chances but dont take it for granted, no majour fuck ups and we ought to cruise the group, Sevilla is tricky though.

it sorta sucks (looking at it short term I guess) that Shitty did not buy Jules Koundé off them 

Sevilla will be an annoying opponent. They work super hard and are very clever and technical. But if Pulisic and Werner run rings around Carlos he might snap and give away a pen . 
Rennes was defeated by a much weaker Chelsea team twice last season. I think 13 are in it at least. 

Our Champions League Group Stage fixtures confirmed (plus with Premier League fixtures below):

Oct 17 - Southampton (H)
Oct 20 - Sevilla (H)
Oct 24 - Man United (A)
Oct 28 - Krasnodar (A)
Oct 31 - Burnley (A)
Nov 4 - Rennes (H)
Nov 7 - Sheffield United (H)
Nov 21 - Newcastle (A)
Nov 24 - Rennes (A)
Nov 28 - Spurs (H)
Dec 2 - Sevilla (A)
Dec 5 - Leeds (H)
Dec 8 - Krasnodar (H)
Dec 12 - Everton (A)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Worst draw possible I think, although perhaps Real Madrid burst their bubble a little at the weekend.

At least we've shown this season that we can play a game of attrition and nullify top counter attacking teams.

It'll be hard work, but its by no means mission impossible.

Win our group comfortably only to draw the toughest possible opponent. Cheers, lads. 

Honestly, it's all going to depend on how fit we are when this comes around. Atleti aren't an attacking juggernaut like Bayern who will batter you with beautiful football. This isn't an impossible matchup at all.

2 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

Worst draw possible I think, although perhaps Real Madrid burst their bubble a little at the weekend.

At least we've shown this season that we can play a game of attrition and nullify top counter attacking teams.

It'll be hard work, but its by no means mission impossible.

If Ziyech and Pulisic are fit for this (big if I know) I think we'll beat them pretty comfortably. Despite the fact they're top of La Liga they aren't as tough to play in big games as they use to be, people will point to them getting past Liverpool last year but that second leg was blind luck not a defensive masterclass.

Atletico did only concede 4 goals this season. Gimenez is injured right now.

With guys like Werner, Tammy and Giroud, who need 100 chances to score a goal, we do not have a chance. Also, Atletico only needs one chance. That is all they need

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk