UCL Draw Thread

Madmax

steaua for me, so I can meet to boys once again in Bucharest and visit Stamford Bridge for the 2nd time.

Chelsea, CSKA/Marseille, Basel/Ajax, Steaua B)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Chelsea is coming to town!

12 points after Basel and Steaua. We should not have problems with Schalke at Stamford Bridge.

As for Steaua - I'm glad we're playing against them so I can get to see the boys once again. I'm also glad we're playing 1st away game in Bucharest. National Arena is not a friendly ground to visit. 55.000 fans are in the stands when Steaua is playing here and if you are not fully focused, it might turn bad for you. This is why I'm happy we're playing our 1st away game here - Chelsea will be fully motivated for the 2nd win in this group and should not have many problems taking three points. Steaua's best players in the last season left the team: Rusescu for Sevilla and Chiriches for Tottenham. There are signs Marica (ex Schalke) will sign for Steaua in the next few days and some other players will come, too, but nothing special... The only concern should be the "hot" atmosphere in the stands.

They've managed to get here after games against Vardar Skopje, Dinamo Tbilisi and Legia Warsaw. Games against Legia both ended in a draw, 1-1 in Bucharest and 2-2 in Warsaw. Overall, Steaua wasn't better than Legia, but they've managed to score two away and this is why they ended up here. Legia also had some disallowed goals through this leg.

All of you forgot that Chelsea lost from Steaua. In that double against Chelsea, Steaua was better for 135 minutes, Chelsea played just 45 minutes well. So shut up.

give it a rest will you? It was the mickey fucking mouse cup, Steaua actually took it seriously and thought they'd had won the thing when they beat us. We only needed to play well for 45 minutes to score 3 goals and send you packing.

we have one of the easiest groups from this draw. basel/steaua are good teams, but we must beat them. schalke is decent normally but they have a bad coach and have started awful in to this season. everything but the first spot would be a massive dissapointment.

I just went to the Arsenal forum and they are saying 'Oh of course Chelsea get the easiest group'

That is just straight up hypocrisy right there, Arsenal always get the easy groups they are worse than United, we had fucking Shaktar and Juventus last season.

All of you forgot that Chelsea lost from Steaua. In that double against Chelsea, Steaua was better for 135 minutes, Chelsea played just 45 minutes well. So shut up.

shut up???

why dont u just get the hell out of here. it took us just 45 minutes to beat the crap out of a shit team like yours. we were probably sleep walking the rest of the time, giving u an oppurtunity to do something.

Our Champions League's group fixtures:

18th Sept - vs Basel (H)

1st Oct - vs Steaua (A)

22nd Oct - vs Schalke (A)

6 Nov - vs Schalke (H)

26 Nov - vs Basel (A)

11 Dec - vs Steaua (H)

EXCELLENT DRAW!

This is very important for the young team we have. Now we can ease our way into the European season and focus on getting maximum points in the league. We definitely lucked out but still there are no easy groups in Europe, the other bonus is we have recent dossiers on Steaua and Basel.

Wednesday 18 September - home v FC Basel

Tuesday 1 October - away v Steaua Bucharest

Tuesday 22 October - away v Schalke 04

Wednesday 6 November - home v Schalke 04

Tuesday 26 November - away v FC Basel

Wednesday 11 December - home v Steaua Bucharest

We have Everton on the 14th at Goodison and Fulham at home on the 21st of Sept

Tottenham on the 28th at 3pt lane and Norwich away on the 6th

Cardiff at the Bridge on Oct 19th

Newcastle away on Nov 2nd and West Brom on the 9th

West Ham away on the 24th of Nov and Southampton on Dec 1st.

Stoke away on the 7th and Crystal Palace on the 14th at the bridge.

thanks for breaking it up so nicely, boys

I think it was capital for us to get a group like this because imo this is a transitional season - although some of you consider the team a finished article because Mourinho is here and he reached success in his first year in the previous spell. I think is a little bit more complicated than that because except Eto'o, Mata and Torres our attacking guys are quiet young and not that much experienced, especially on UCL.

So an easy group and (supposing we get through) an easy fixture in the R16 is all we need for this group to gain some experience in Europe all while Mourinho does the necessary adjustments. I think he's worked crazy fast in our defense that already looks completely different from how it was let's say 6 months ago. But there's the pivot issue and definitely the attacking issue. Those things demand time to get fixed because I believe with the players we have - despite their age and lack of experience in some cases - they're good players. The potential is there and Mourinho had made it clear that he's going to work on converting that potential into talent.

We can manage to focus on both UCL and EPL this semester because we have a nice UCL group. And winning those matches will add to the team's confidence and it will make the transition smoother if not faster. While my expectations for the season in terms of trophies is still low, I think that's exactly what we needed and I can see this team growing because of such a group.

We also had a lucky draw in Capital Cup and hopefully we'll have another in FA Cup as well and it makes the squad more rounded, by going to those places and potentially adding wins and making through the next stages.

I'm quite happy with our EPL fixtures, our UCL group, our CC fixture. It seems Mourinho in addition to his outstanding ability to set up teams also has luck on his side right now. One can't complain of those

Here we go again.

Hope he'll be the only Steaua fan posting here... although I'm waiting for more to find out about this forum and post here things like "we already beat you one time, we'll do it once again and finish 1st in this group" and BS like that... I live among them and I know how they behave.

There are already thousands of people in Romania posting online about Steaua finishing 1st in this Group E. They consider themselves lucky they have drawn Chelsea, Schalke and Basel. There is a real madness here, everybody talks about Steaua qualifying with a minimum of 10-12 points... Insane things happening I must say. Even their coach said he can't think of anything else than three wins out of three at home... They hope the last match against Chelsea in London will decide the 1st place in this group.

I'm living in a country in wich they were shitting in their pants after the 1st play-off game against Legia and now they think they got a lucky draw and they can reach QF in Champions League. As I said, thousands of people are posting online and they are celebrating this draw as if they've won the lottery...