Jase

Man of the Match  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Who Is Your Man of the Match?

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forget Benitez, forget Roman for a second.

For me it is down to the players attitudes. No disrespect to Petr Cech, but I think we need a mentaly strong outfield player being our skipper to give the team a kick up the backside. As much as I find JTs behaviour problematic to say the least, he needs to be fit and do it one more time until the young guns are settled in. I can also see Mata be a vocal skipper to step up. Of course the manager needs to build a team up in a shituation, but everyone knows that it´s not gonna be Rafa. The team have to carry themselves - again. People may never ask again why there is so much player power in Chelsea. It is really incredible to see the sort of accuracy whith which the board shot the club in the foot. This time there is no coach stepping up behind Rafa, DiMatteo gone, Steve Clarke gone a long time, same as Wilkins, no Hiddink in sight and this talking after just 1/3 of the season over. I don´t see Rafa stay much longer. It is gonna be even more painful. I think we haven´t seen the worst yet. It just makes me laugh. I am not even mad anymore, it is just the pure agony. Even when we were shit I looked forward to the games, this time it is different. It just feels like chaos with a clueless manager, a disillusioned team, a board packed with mentalists, the most ruthless playtoyowner since my childhood. Why would he rip off the head of his favourite doll ?

Please, I need football counseling.

So, RDM, and not the players?

Because the same players that let Robbie down are performing even worse under Hunbelieffable Benitez.

Yes RDM. We needed just draws against Shakhtar and Juve away and got totally outplayed in both, the former was during a period where we actually were playing really well.

So, RDM, and not the players?

Because the same players that let Robbie down are performing even worse under Hunbelieffable Benitez.

Defintly a bit of both..RDM mainly for the choices and delayed subs and then the players who played like utter shite and seemed to act like we'd already won the whole thing.

Wouldnt think possible to perform worse..surprise!We need more of the first half performance!We werent doing bad then and the disallowed goal should've been a warning sign..except complete opposite effect

He's an attacking midfielder he should have better finishing than what he has displayed.

So? Their main job is to assist and create chances. Scoring comes second and when you compare Mata with other CAMs around, we should already be thankful that he scores than most of the others already.

Sorry, I have to agree with BluesMaster. Mata's stats for the year and a half he's been here stands at 20 goals and 33 assists, which is absolutely phenomenal. He probably should've scored, yes, but we should be thankful we have such a quality player who gets into such positions in the first place.

Also, with yesterdays goal, he has now surpassed Torres in goals for Chelsea. So forgive me if I'm not the first one to bash Mata.

How does Cahill keep getting away with below par defensive performances? If Luiz or even Terry for that matter performed like that yesterday they would be getting it from all angles.

When he performs crap it get covered up (often the blame shifted elsewhere) and when he performs well he is the second coming of christ. He is a good squad player but that's about his ceiling.

Azpi is turning into the new Bale, what does he have to do to feature in a victory? note that our only victory in the last two months he wasn't playing also.

Torres what more can be said, i seriously dislike him and that has never happened with me to a Chelsea player before in 18 years. Its not his performances i can live with crap displays it's his overall attitude is nothing short off shocking.

How does Cahill keep getting away with below par defensive performances? If Luiz or even Terry for that matter performed like that yesterday they would be getting it from all angles. When he performs crap it get covered up (often the blame shifted elsewhere) and when he performs well he is the second coming of christ. He is a good squad player but that's about his ceiling.

Maybe it has something to do with his price tag, he didn't cost 25 millions and isn't a long time skipper and leader of the team, so people subliminally have lower expectations from him, hence the overreactions when he has good games and underreactions when he doesn't.

Watching the post match interviews from both managers you see a stark contrast. Allardyce analysing and pinpointing the problems of the first half and talking through exactly what he did to win the game.

Benitez bumbling through waffling on about nothing, lacking any sort of credibility. How has this prick even got to where he is today? It'll be Eriksson next

Sorry, I have to agree with BluesMaster. Mata's stats for the year and a half he's been here stands at 20 goals and 33 assists, which is absolutely phenomenal. He probably should've scored, yes, but we should be thankful we have such a quality player who gets into such positions in the first place.

Also, with yesterdays goal, he has now surpassed Torres in goals for Chelsea. So forgive me if I'm not the first one to bash Mata.

So? Their main job is to assist and create chances. Scoring comes second and when you compare Mata with other CAMs around, we should already be thankful that he scores than most of the others already.

I'm not bashing Mata or anything. Ofc i am gr8ful of Mata he's a amazing! He needs to though be able to score these chippy little goals because if u look at UTD (luck/refs) they have 3 chances and they score 4 goals! (free penalties/own goals don't count). So I am just saying he should be able to finish off all his brilliance.

I agree is main job isn't to score goals but if u miss loads of these easy chances. It does take its toll eventually and nearly all other CAMs can finish these chances. I am not criticising him but really for the long run he should work on finishing these chances.

How does Cahill keep getting away with below par defensive performances? If Luiz or even Terry for that matter performed like that yesterday they would be getting it from all angles.

When he performs crap it get covered up (often the blame shifted elsewhere) and when he performs well he is the second coming of christ. He is a good squad player but that's about his ceiling.

Azpi is turning into the new Bale, what does he have to do to feature in a victory? note that our only victory in the last two months he wasn't playing also.

Torres what more can be said, i seriously dislike him and that has never happened with me to a Chelsea player before in 18 years. Its not his performances i can live with crap displays it's his overall attitude is nothing short off shocking.

Same could be said about Ashley Cole in my opinion, he never gets slated for playing piss poor or making mistakes.

I'm not bashing Mata or anything. Ofc i am gr8ful of Mata he's a amazing! He needs to though be able to score these chippy little goals because if u look at UTD (luck/refs) they have 3 chances and they score 4 goals! (free penalties/own goals don't count). So I am just saying he should be able to finish off all his brilliance.

I thought Neil Patrick Harris would understand!.

I think the players have been taking the famous 'carefree' chant a little too literally.

And Abrahmovic certainly didn't comprehend Blue Day's

We've waited so long

But we'd wait for ever

I lose my patience with patients who don't have patience
- Flintstones Dinosaur Dentist during Fred's appointment.