The Benitez Thread

CHOULO19

274 members have voted

1. 1. Rafa Out?

Your thinking big-ish names. I am thinking a proper interim. Someone who will get rid of all the anti manager stuff. Unite the team. Just needs to be more of a man manager and motivator than a tactical genius, who is there to do "a robbie" (No one will ever get close to what he did) and get us to the top 4, and crucially unite the team, get the fans, manager, players and board to become one again. Because right now theres factions splits etc which is not good for the club, and never has been good for the club.

Even in that case, there's nobody out there that would accept a 3 month job at a club where even the interims can get sacked who isn't already associated with Roman and has ties to the club i.e Grant or, as Alex said, somebody like Shevchenko.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, he has a point that the booing is not helping, but it's hardly an excuse for some of the results. Most of the Chelsea fans genuinely hate him and if he wanted to be more tolerated by them he should have done much better job.

Even in that case, there's nobody out there that would accept a 3 month job at a club where even the interims can get sacked who isn't already associated with Roman and has ties to the club i.e Grant or, as Alex said, somebody like Shevchenko.

True, but roman is a very connected person... And a 3 month job, where the club is in a bit of a freefall, with fans who would be happy to see anyone who isn't fsw, with lowering expectations by the week. So he would get a good payoff for 3 months. Be liked by the fans, and if we don't make top 4, then its not like he can be blamed for it. So i think there would be some managers who would do that, but i agree they are more likely to be viable if they have some previous link. Or he could even approach Gus Poyet, as the permanent manager. He loves the club and although i don't think he will leave mid season Roman can be pursasive.

TBH, we can worry about that if Roman does it. Based on how he has been for us, it would be totally within his character to sack him, but then if that was true he would have been sacked a month ago.

I absolutely love the shit we're getting on Twitter from (mainly) Liverpool fans, followed by Man Utd & then Arsenal because of this rant of Rafa's. It's complete jealousy and nothing else :-) I know many on here want us being a nicely run club, peaceful fans, and basically a model club - but I absolutely love & thrive off of us being hated. I really do love it. Mourinho would complete it with his arrogance which I believe us, as fans, deserve to share. Champions of Europe, we basically own the F.A. Cup, joint 2nd most Premier League titles, multiple records broken. All this while Arsenal & Liverpool continue to rot and Manchester United have no 'downs' thus nothing to ever cheer about. Ah. Love being blue.

I absolutely love the shit we're getting on Twitter from (mainly) Liverpool fans, followed by Man Utd & then Arsenal because of this rant of Rafa's. It's complete jealousy and nothing else :-) I know many on here want us being a nicely run club, peaceful fans, and basically a model club - but I absolutely love & thrive off of us being hated. I really do love it. Mourinho would complete it with his arrogance which I believe us, as fans, deserve to share. Champions of Europe, we basically own the F.A. Cup, joint 2nd most Premier League titles, multiple records broken. All this while Arsenal & Liverpool continue to rot and Manchester United have no 'downs' thus nothing to ever cheer about. Ah. Love being blue.

???

How can we let a fucking shit talk like that? This is beyond belief, sometimes I wish we were in the 80s or in Brazil...

I wish we were in 1789. I would get this mutherfucker into a guillotine and would get his head rolling on the ground.

Well, he has a point that the booing is not helping, but it's hardly an excuse for some of the results. Most of the Chelsea fans genuinely hate him and if he wanted to be more tolerated by them he should have done much better job.

Yeah i get that. And i admit when he took over i was an advocate for not doing that. But it seems like in pretty much every game he makes some extremely weird tactical decision/s and i have never see him utilise subs effectively... ever. Also you don't come out and say it in the middle of an interview. He has basically said. "Well you don't like me, and i don't like you, but i am gone soon, will get paid and have a great managerial record etc, so fuck you". That's gonna help his popularity....:) If he is in charge on saturday.

I wish we were in 1789. I would get this mutherfucker into a guillotine and would get his head rolling on the ground.

If any manager in Brazil talked shit to his own fans, there would already be a couple of thousand fans waiting outside his house. I am not kidding nor exagerating!

"We have an agenda"?

Yeah we do, we want our club to succeed, and be proud of our team, and not have an idiot in charge making stupid decisions, who never liked us in the first place and came here for a years work and a huge pay check.

Ironically he is correct about everything he's said. The atmosphere at the Bridge can be pathetic even when all is well, let alone at the moment. Yes we have some experienced players, but we also have a number of younger, foreign players who could well be affected by the negative atmosphere playing at home.

And he is also correct about the 'interim' tag - it's fucking stupid and whether people like him or not, it gives him no basis for authrority or control within the football club which the manager must have some grip on.

I actually think Benitez may have said this to try and help matters tonight, in the hope that if the fans know for sure he is leaving at the end of the season, then they'll ease up and start supporting the team and creating a better atmosphere at home. The game against West Brom at the weekend is massive and an absolute must-win. He was probably hoping this might create a positive reaction from the crowd.

However the way he has gone about it, the media blow up from it, and our fan's hatred for him regardless, could make things even worse at the weekend.