The Benitez Thread

CHOULO19

274 members have voted

1. 1. Rafa Out?

So proud of our fans who go to games and sing about getting him out. So rarely are we heard, but we're once again getting back some of that old school Chelsea 'thug' (I use that term lightly) image from pre-Roman.

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no way this could turn into a positive—He knows how the media works, or he should do anyway. If it was possible to alienate the fans even more so, he's done it. Surely he knows he'gone before the weekend, or at the very least he wont stay beyond May.

Yeah i get that. And i admit when he took over i was an advocate for not doing that. But it seems like in pretty much every game he makes some extremely weird tactical decision/s and i have never see him utilise subs effectively... ever. Also you don't come out and say it in the middle of an interview. He has basically said. "Well you don't like me, and i don't like you, but i am gone soon, will get paid and have a great managerial record etc, so fuck you". That's gonna help his popularity.... :) If he is in charge on saturday.

Which is exactly why I think he'll be off tomorrow. Seems like he knows he's gone. Call me a cynic, but I can't see a repeat of last season this time around. This season is a shambles.

I DONT KNOW HOW YOU ARE ALL FUCKING FEELING, BUT HE JUST CROSSED ALL THE POSSIBLE LINES THERE! :rant:

Ironically, as the majority including me can't want to see rafa leaving, his outburst could have fast tracked it, meaning i might like him a bit more. :D

Ironically he is correct about everything he's said. The atmosphere at the Bridge can be pathetic even when all is well, let alone at the moment. Yes we have some experienced players, but we also have a number of younger, foreign players who could well be affected by the negative atmosphere playing at home.

And he is also correct about the 'interim' tag - it's fucking stupid and whether people like him or not, it gives him no basis for authrority or control within the football club which the manager must have some grip on.

I actually think Benitez may have said this to try and help matters tonight, in the hope that if the fans know for sure he is leaving at the end of the season, then they'll ease up and start supporting the team and creating a better atmosphere at home. The game against West Brom at the weekend is massive and an absolute must-win. He was probably hoping this might create a positive reaction from the crowd.

However the way he has gone about it, the media blow up from it, and our fan's hatred for him regardless, could make things even worse at the weekend.

Yes, but that is not the problem....

The problem is that he thinks we are the problem, where it is all because of him!

He speakes like we are losing because SB is shit and not the other way around.

The great Guus Hiddink was interim, wasn't he ? At least judging from the duration of his contract. So who the fuck is this cunt to say anything about it ?

Again, he was a spectator for two years and we gave him a job. He's not only a terrible coach, he's an even worse person.

If any manager in Brazil talked shit to his own fans, there would already be a couple of thousand fans waiting outside his house. I am not kidding nor exagerating!

I know ! And believe me that if I had the possibility to do that, I'd be the first one in front of his fuckin' door.

There is no way this could turn into a positive—He knows how the media works. If it was possible to alienate the fans even more so, he's done it. Surely he knows he'gone before the weekend, or at the very least he wont stay beyond May.

Which is exactly why I think he'll be off tomorrow. Seems like he knows he's gone. Call me a cynic, but I can't see a repeat of last season this time around. This season is a shambles.

I get your point, and i can't see us turning round and saying this season is a success as it is a bit beyond repair. (I suppose we could win the europa, fa cup and get top 4, but theres dreams and then theres that). But if he goes, the hostile atmosphere goes. The new man is greeted like the hero who has slayed the dragon to save the people, and all focus will be on that top 4. As i said, the whole situation isn't ideal, but i can't see any way anything gets worse if we get the good news tommorrow that rafa is a gonner.

If he does stay, i guarentee he will do things to spite us. Not obvious things, but subtle things. Like constantly playing rambo on the right, taking hazard off when losing. Leaving JT on the bench, playing torres for 89 mins.

Not really surprised at the statements , We had it coming , Benitez is as human as we are and he has all rights to criticise all the boo band who keeps boing him day in and day out . And yeah he's pretty right it was a massive mistake to make him the manager . The board thought the fans would give him the chance but like fuck noooo we are too good for rafa .

Whats gonna happen now. Is the we don't care about rafa chant will be ditched, and in its place will just be, "FUCK OFF RAFA FUCK OFF RAFA"...

THERE'S ONLY ONE DI MATTEO ONE DI MATTEO!

It has made me realise how much i miss that man... What a legend he is... :blue scalf: