The Benitez Thread

CHOULO19

274 members have voted

1. 1. Rafa Out?

Definately the fat piece of shit, I can't stand the thought that this fat fuck who loathed us when he was at L'puke is dragging the club down and the fucking board and that moron Abramovich (yes I called him moron) are cutting him some slacks while RDM didn't even get the chance to redeem himself after the loss in Italy. I can't stand the thought that one has to support teams playing against fucking Spuds and Arseanal because they are near us when we could be fighting for 1st or 2nd place, but no, that fat fuck ruined it, he lost us the CWC and COC because he hasn't a clue on tactics and how to get the best out of our squad, fuck him.

CALM YOUR TITS (:

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let him complete the season, he'll get paid less if he's not sacked and paid off (i guess). Top 4 is in real jeopardy now, be unthinkable to go 2 seasons in a row without a top 4 finish but part of me says "who actually cares?" what the board has done to Robbie and us makes me think that the club and the clubs hierarchy don't deserve to be at the highest level of European football. We have no class and that's a fact, whether i'm a supporter or not, that's the way we are now.

I want us to be in the UCL and as high in footballs pyramid as possible but if Rafa is the man to fail, quite frankly, i wont really care that much. I'd be more gutted if we were in this position with an actual Chelsea man at the helm. We wanted Rafa out, we wanted him to have a short stay, cheer up then ffs he's doing a splendid job!

Without Abramovich we might never have attracted fans like you though.

I know and I'm totally grateful, but if a drunk friend is embrassing you in town, a parent wants to control your life when you're old and smart enough to take care of yourself or something like that, you would call him a moron for his actions, but he will still be your friend/parent when it's all said and done. That's my point.

Remember the fallacy on this thread that rafadyce had superior tactics & had solidified the defense tsk.gif

Have to admit I was one of those!!!

Couldn't have been more wrong though! Oh well hardest thing in life is to admit you made a mistake. So here it is:

I made a massive mistake! :(

But onwards and upwards as they say, summers getting closer ;)

I know and I'm totally grateful, but if a drunk friend is embrassing you in town, a parent wants to control your life when you're old and smart enough to take care of yourself or something like that, you would call him a moron for his actions, but he will still be your friend/parent when it's all said and done. That's my point.

Can't blame Roman for wanting the best... It's the 'Yes' men/women around him...

This is a classic case of Emperors Clothes - a great tale... :)

Can't blame Roman for wanting the best... It's the 'Yes' men/women around him...

This is a classic case of Emperors Clothes - a great tale... :)

At the end of the day, Roman has the biggest yes vote in the room.

For months now we've heard from other fans how some of our supporters are afraid to criticise the owner for fear of him walking away. I'm not too sure they aren't true.

If you subscribe to the view that he has yes men in Gourlay and Emenalo then you have to acknowledge that he hired them, ergo he must like having yes men around him. If that's the case, why on Earth would you not call for Roman to leave?

For months now we've heard from other fans how some of our supporters are afraid to criticise the owner for fear of him walking away. I'm not too sure they aren't true.

If you subscribe to the view that he has yes men in Gourlay and Emenalo then you have to acknowledge that he hired them, ergo he must like having yes men around him. If that's the case, why on Earth would you not call for Roman to leave?

Hmm I think it's slightly less malevolent than that...

Roman is a football fan, he gets excited and squirms around like the best of us... Being a billionaire it's also probably a long time since he has heard the words 'No'...

Now, our Board/advisors must be able to veto his ideas in a clear logical manner - maybe tey get overruled - I don't know...

I just think he thinks that everything is possible - I don't ever believe he truly wants us in the situation we are in.

So as long as he realises his mistakes and doesn't repeat them - things will get better.

That's what I'm trying to say (badly I suspect)...

Hmm I think it's slightly less malevolent than that...

Roman is a football fan, he gets excited and squirms around like the best of us... Being a billionaire it's also probably a long time since he has heard the words 'No'...

Now, our Board/advisors must be able to veto his ideas in a clear logical manner - maybe tey get overruled - I don't know...

I just think he thinks that everything is possible - I don't ever believe he truly wants us in the situation we are in.

So as long as he realises his mistakes and doesn't repeat them - things will get better.

That's what I'm trying to say (badly I suspect)...

Fair enough.

Personally I'm starting to think missing out on the Champions League might be the best think that could happen to this club long-term. The obsession with it has masked a lot of deficiencies and been an impediment to slow, sustainable growth.

We finished 6th for last year for fuck's sake.

A year out might cost us a couple of players, but we'll keep most of them and we might even be forced to give players like Lukaku and De Bruyne a chance - imagine that, young players with bags of talent being included in the team.

A true champion is tested not when he's winning but when he gets knocked down. This might be the haymaker that makes Roman and this club.

Fair enough.

Personally I'm starting to think missing out on the Champions League might be the best think that could happen to this club long-term. The obsession with it has masked a lot of deficiencies and been an impediment to slow, sustainable growth.

We finished 6th for last year for fuck's sake.

A year out might cost us a couple of players, but we'll keep most of them and we might even be forced to give players like Lukaku and De Bruyne a chance - imagine that, young players with bags of talent being included in the team.

A true champion is tested not when he's winning but when he gets knocked down. This might be the haymaker that makes Roman and this club.

Agreed and said something similar earlier :)

And great quote on the Champion - to be fair to Utd they are doing exactly that this time round....

Agreed and said something similar earlier :)

And great quote on the Champion - to be fair to Utd they are doing exactly that this time round....

When you sit and think about it, the idea of us maybe getting rid of some players and being forced to play the likes of Chalobah, Lukaku, Azpi, De Bruyne, maybe Courtois (selling Cech could cover some of the CL shortfall), Piazon and maybe even Feruz could be damn exciting. A whole crop of youngsters being given the chance to build a new Chelsea, where 5 players don't hold all the power in the locker room.

He's the owner and will more than likely have the ultimate veto or approval. What we lack at board level is clear and that is experience, the confidence that experience and independant wealth brings with it (and a damn big pair of big-boy bollocks), who'll tell Roman how it is and needs to be, thanking him for his support and input and letting him know just how things are going. Maybe Roman's background is a bigger issue than most think, Russian poor boy made very good, trusts next to no-one other than old associates, thinks that they can do the business for him in football as well as his other businesses.

I'm more of a mind now that at the end of Jose's reign Roman thought he knew best. he's then got lucky or unlucky with managers and the senior players have helped drag out success with help from managers of course. We're now at the point with the diminishing powers of those senior players we have left where their will isn't quite enough.

Jose's probably available and will have the motivation for a new go with us. The next jigsaw piece that's needed is getting rid of some of the board, including the over-promoted Gourlay and Emenalo, he wouldn't survive Jose anyhow.

I hear David Gill and David Dein may be available! These are experienced and skilled football people who are not reliant on wages from Roman for their wealth or careers and the sort of people a club with the status of ours should be employing. They could build a structure to deliver success and sustainability.

He's the owner and will more than likely have the ultimate veto or approval. What we lack at board level is clear and that is experience, the confidence that experience and independant wealth brings with it (and a damn big pair of big-boy bollocks), who'll tell Roman how it is and needs to be, thanking him for his support and input and letting him know just how things are going. Maybe Roman's background is a bigger issue than most think, Russian poor boy made very good, trusts next to no-one other than old associates, thinks that they can do the business for him in football as well as his other businesses.

I'm more of a mind now that at the end of Jose's reign Roman thought he knew best. he's then got lucky or unlucky with managers and the senior players have helped drag out success with help from managers of course. We're now at the point with the diminishing powers of those senior players we have left where their will isn't quite enough.

Jose's probably available and will have the motivation for a new go with us. The next jigsaw piece that's needed is getting rid of some of the board, including the over-promoted Gourlay and Emenalo, he wouldn't survive Jose anyhow.

I hear David Gill and David Dein may be available! These are experienced and skilled football people who are not reliant on wages from Roman for their wealth or careers and the sort of people a club with the status of ours should be employing. They could build a structure to deliver success and sustainability.

I have talked about our need for football men on the board ...Dein and Gill were exactly that ,,, Dein would be perfect for us along with Hoddle on the board

When you sit and think about it, the idea of us maybe getting rid of some players and being forced to play the likes of Chalobah, Lukaku, Azpi, De Bruyne, maybe Courtois (selling Cech could cover some of the CL shortfall), Piazon and maybe even Feruz could be damn exciting. A whole crop of youngsters being given the chance to build a new Chelsea, where 5 players don't hold all the power in the locker room.

Yeah I also said that earlier too - next season will be a transition season again :)

I dunno why but really like Martinez as manager

Love the style of Wigan - sure they get beat, but they have little money, small fan-base (get more for rugby games IIRC) - but all the players play together and better than their value or skill suggests.

I also think Martinez is a decent bloke and deserves a crack with some quality players :) it would prob sit well with Moses ;)

I have talked about our need for football men on the board ...Dein and Gill were exactly that ,,, Dein would be perfect for us along with Hoddle on the board

If Gourlay went, maybe even Wilkins could fill the same role that you suggest Hoddle could..........although I'd doubt it could happen. Pat Nevin seems to have the intellect and diplomacy required.

Dein would be the perfect choice I'd agree, Gill seemingly has other aspirations but his type is what we need.

Just curious, could Martin Broughton do the business for us? He did run big companies, but has some insight in football.