Chelsea v Manchester United

Jase

The one thing I don't get about this Sturridge vs Torres debate is that people call for Sturridge to be number 1 striker on the basis of nothing. As things stand Torres deserves to be number 1 for the fact he's been playing this season, grabbed a few goals and linked up well with the trio behind him. Rather than make outlandish and baseless claims, we should wait and see what Sturridge can do as a CF and then make comparisons and judge.

ONTO THE GAME

I really get the feeling that Fergie is going to go with the Diamond formation as he has an on form Hernandez, RVP and Rooney and this will play into our hands as Carrick will most likely be the base of that diamond and Rooney the tip. Using Ramires and Oscar, we could really shut them out of the game and nullify the United threat. If Fergie went for his traditional wing play, then we could struggle, although it means more space in the middle for us

Carrick vs oscar with hazard and mata cutting in don't think so. I think fergie will play 4-2(carrick and cleverly)-1(rooney)-3(welbeck/Nani RVP valencia) similar to the one he used at anfield.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I fear more about Luis more than Cahill. At their best, I think Luis is the better defender, I really do, but he tends to have matches where his head seems to be elsewhere and he ends up making more mistakes than good decisions. He had a perfect game against Tottenham, but was the worst player on the field against Shakhtar imo. If Luis has a good game, I am confident we will do fairly good at the back.

goals conceded while on pitch is hardly fair. it depends on the opponents, the situation etc. cahill was not at fault if cech mishandled guthrie's freekick. cahill was not at fault when luiz was blindsided by lennon's cross,

as far as i remember the only goal you can hold against cahill is the pogrebnyak header. apart from that he has been solid

and i fail to see how luiz is "better" than cahill. that is not adequately backed up. luiz has started more games but defending tottenham is different from defending qpr or stoke. luiz was tested in the games against tottenham and arsenal and both games he was flustered and gave away cheap goals. i'm not saying luiz is bad. he has improved a lot. but i don't see how he is better than cahill

Nowadays ashley cole is overrated for his defensive qualities, more goals come from his end but they always have to slaughter ivanovic who is arguably our most consistent defender both in attack and in defense. Why always him?

So oscar was definitely signed for 18m pounds.The stupid commentators better get their facts right they always say that oscar was signed for 25m pounds.

He was reportedly signed for £25m

So oscar was definitely signed for 18m pounds.The stupid commentators better get their facts right they always say that oscar was signed for 25m pounds.

Yes it annoys me too. And I find it funny that Manu supporters already are finding excuses for a possible defeat, and calling names. I hate them more than any other fans, except maybe for Barca fans. ;)

Jesus are we still going to argue about this?

Torres is shorter, every site in the WORLD WIDE WEB has him as shorter than Sturridge. Professional Football players have a medical every few months it makes no sense that our Official Site; Wikipedia and every other statistical site for football out there to have the wrong statistics.

http://www.premierle...aniel-sturridge

http://www.premierle...fernando-torres

Stop arguing about FACTS :readthemessage:

Sturridge isnt 1.88. Yeah i get thats what you see in all sites, but he isnt, its a wrong "fact". he's more like 1.78 than 1.88. you can see it when he stands next to other players. Those sites can be wrong, it happens alot.

I don't think David Luiz is overrated at all for those who think he is. The media constantly pick out his errors he makes but seem to ignore for the pros he brings to the team. This season I think he has been very solid, couple errors here and there but overrall I think he has had a fantastic season so far and is one of my favourites. Some people say he was at fault for the Gervinho goal but apart from that he had a spectacular game and hardly put a foot wrong. The funny thing is because if anything I would say Luiz is underrated because when people here of him, many assume straight away that he may lose his cool and do something stupid when in fact he is our all round best defender. He is improving all the time at us

I like how you ignored all my points, anyway, i'll reply one last time

We can assume RDM wants him to track back, as you said yourself once, he was droped for not tracking back, so yes we can assume thats what he has to do, since every other player in his position has to do that.

Ok moving on, No i dont belive everything i read, funny i think you do tho since the only people who ever hyped sturridge up this much was the english media also, I put that their as little sign off. My points are MY own, yanno the ones i listed above and you ignored.

If you honestly think RDM should start a player who has barely played, in one of the biggest games of the year over a player who has played all our games this year on ifs and buts, then thats fine, but fuck i am glad your not in charge.

Also 1 goal every 2 games has always been a good stat.

Dunno why im bothering tho, you have a chip on your shoulder about Torres, and border on the fanatical for sturridge..

1. No, we cannot assume RDM wants him to track back. And no, we cannot assume that is why he was dropped, because he was never "there" TO be dropped.

2. You told me how I ignore what you type, and you just neglect what I said to you about trusting in everything you read. You posted some random article with the title "RDM trusts Torres" and use that as "proof" that he indeed has trust in him. That is just very naive.

3. Sturridges hype in the media.... What hype? Who is hyping him? What we are saying is that he is a talented young guy who is hungry. And when we got a CF that according to me sucks, why not play Danny? Torres' experience is just a stuipid arguement. Why not just sign the real Ronaldo on a 1 year contract? That would give us insane experience!

4. Fact remains, regardless if this is a big game or not. Torres rarely has a big impact on a game. I have more trust and faith in Danny than I do in Torres.

But let me ask you a question: Has Torres proved to you that he is "that" guy for us? To me he proved that he is NOT, that is what I want Danny to try and prove it.

1. No, we cannot assume RDM wants him to track back. And no, we cannot assume that is why he was dropped, because he was never "there" TO be dropped.

2. You told me how I ignore what you type, and you just neglect what I said to you about trusting in everything you read. You posted some random article with the title "RDM trusts Torres" and use that as "proof" that he indeed has trust in him. That is just very naive.

3. Sturridges hype in the media.... What hype? Who is hyping him? What we are saying is that he is a talented young guy who is hungry. And when we got a CF that according to me sucks, why not play Danny? Torres' experience is just a stuipid arguement. Why not just sign the real Ronaldo on a 1 year contract? That would give us insane experience!

4. Fact remains, regardless if this is a big game or not. Torres rarely has a big impact on a game. I have more trust and faith in Danny than I do in Torres.

But let me ask you a question: Has Torres proved to you that he is "that" guy for us? To me he proved that he is NOT, that is what I want Danny to try and prove it.

Our Svensk brother makes a lotta sense :)

good discussion. :fainthv9:

Do you really want me to go through everything again? for the 6th time?

If we cant assume about RDM then you cant assume about Sturridge either. Case Closed. Also i was referring to his time as RW and as i said YOU even admitted he was dropped for no tracking back, do you even read my posts or?

The English Media overhyped him for months, even heard Jamie rednapp compare him to messi at one point it had gotten so ridiculous, as i said your the only one who has hyped him up this much "SINCE" the english media.

On point 2 re-read my post you seem to have no read it again....actually re-read everything.

Has torres proved himself to be THAT guy? No, but he's done more to prove it then danny boy, is that sturridges fault? maybe maybe not the POINT im making is that tomorrow isnt the day to test it out. (5th time ive made that clear btw.)

Cahill made his debut in last seasons stupid game, he looked a bit shakey but he's grown so much as a player since then. He's had more time to prepare for this one as he's settled now and he knows he's going to play. In fact, the whole team basically know they are playing. Cahill is a much better defender than David Luiz. Luiz maybe the better 'player' but we don't need good players at CB, we need good defenders. Luiz's pace though good be vital as both Man Utd's strikers are quiker than Cahill and Ivanovic. If Cahill plays next to Cole and Luiz next to Ivan, it should balance nicely. We certainly have the team to cause Man Utd heaps of problems tomorrow. Man Utd don't worry me at all, only Rooney and Van Persie.

I rate Terry-Luiz more than. Cahill-Luiz because Terry has some kind of leadership and experience. But the CL finals showed that he is not ireplacable. More to concern is that we will play without Terry AND Lamps. Who will captain and lead us vs United? With perfect match, we can beat United by two goals at least, but there will be lot of concentration.

Do you really want me to go through everything again? for the 6th time?

PLEASE dont because most of your argument centers around torres being taller than sturridge and also the presumption that sturridge has no experience of playing as the lone CF so he should not be playing as one against united.

torres is over and past his best and simply cant give us more than what sturridge can. if i remember correctly sturridge set up hazard with one of his first touches in the shakhtar game. against reading when we were 2-1 down sturridge came in and made us look far more dangerous than we had been in the previous 70 minutes. with torres we know what we are gonna get and its not going to be good enough. its going to be an open match with both countering (somethin like last season OT) and in the end how well we take those chances is goin to determine the result and with torres we know that all we would get are stupid one on one misses, ball loosing and then just one moment of magic when he ll cut 2 or 3 defenders to give us that hope that "torres is back" and then go back to his old routine.

so as i see it, we can stick with torres and cry over his missed chances at the end of the match or go with sturridge and give ourselves a true chance.

PLEASE dont because most of your argument centers around torres being taller than sturridge and also the presumption that sturridge has no experience of playing as the lone CF so he should not be playing as one against united.

torres is over and past his best and simply cant give us more than what sturridge can. if i remember correctly sturridge set up hazard with one of his first touches in the shakhtar game. against reading when we were 2-1 down sturridge came in and made us look far more dangerous than we had been in the previous 70 minutes. with torres we know what we are gonna get and its not going to be good enough. its going to be an open match with both countering (somethin like last season OT) and in the end how well we take those chances is goin to determine the result and with torres we know that all we would get are stupid one on one misses, ball loosing and then just one moment of magic when he ll cut 2 or 3 defenders to give us that hope that "torres is back" and then go back to his old routine.

so as i see it, we can stick with torres and cry over his missed chances at the end of the match or go with sturridge and give ourselves a true chance.

No it dosent, thats just one factor you've seemed to pick on. Also i know ive read what you've had to say too many times now and it still dosent make any sense, can we not just leave it now. You have nothing new to say and neither do i.