Chelsea v Manchester United

Jase

It is down to skill of course, but being taller will help you in that regard. Being good in the air is no good if someone taller is good in the air as well.

Sturridge isnt good in the air at all, Torres is decent.

Ok, but in all honesty, we are most successful going down the middle or cutting inside from wide positions. We don't do as many standard crosses, and in general when we do they are unsuccessful as in comparison to defenders torres isn't that good in the air. For the 3 AM's we have there is a higher priority for players who will latch onto through balls and get shots off. RDM will go with torres because he knows what we get with him and we have a great record so far this year. Hoprfully torres turns up and does to man u what he used to when he played for liverpool, as we would all love it. You don't know how much i want to be proven wrong but I as a lot of people just feel the same way when torres gets the ball with time in a dangerous area.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If height is so important then instead of chasing falcao we should sign carroll :ph34r:

Forget Carroll, by the above standards we should throw away our current team and buy the Lakers :rolleyes:

For the last time people stop this silly height discussion. Any further thread derailment will result in warnings.

Use my eyes?

Every site out there has Sturridge being taller than Torres.

Those are the facts, footballers have an yearly medical if Torres was taller than Sturridge it would have been reflected in at least one site that provides such information.

Like I said I've given you links stating that Torres is in fact shorter than Sturridge - not that I personally think it makes any difference.

Never mind.

Ok, but in all honesty, we are most successful going down the middle or cutting inside from wide positions. We don't do as many standard crosses, and in general when we do they are unsuccessful as in comparison to defenders torres isn't that good in the air. For the 3 AM's we have there is a higher priority for players who will latch onto through balls and get shots off. RDM will go with torres because he knows what we get with him and we have a great record so far this year. Hoprfully torres turns up and does to man u what he used to when he played for liverpool, as we would all love it. You don't know how much i want to be proven wrong but I as a lot of people just feel the same way when torres gets the ball with time in a dangerous area.

I wouldnt say most successful going down the middle or cutting inside, more like unwilling to do anything eles but i agree with the rest, neither striker is going to latch onto the balls how the behind players play would like tho and if i had to choose on the rest of the points for each, i would pick torres for what ive already explained. Its not all about height and in the air that was just one point in favour. It seems people ironicaly just want to "latch" on to that instead :P. Anyway we'll leave it at that.

funny_human_tallest_man.jpg

Roman Sign him Up! :fainthv9:

Lets be honest... he would be a beast, though i would play him at CB. :)

Also, that picture is so funny, earl boykins 5ft 5 130lbs, the shaq 7ft 1, 330 lbs.

And thats nothing...

Bougues 5ft 3, and Bol 7ft 7

manutebol.jpg

Lets be honest... he would be a beast, though i would play him at CB. :)

Also, that picture is so funny, earl boykins 5ft 5 130lbs, the shaq 7ft 1, 330 lbs.

Nah, he'd have to run too much as a CB I reckon Shaq could have easily been the player to fire Stoke to their first ever CL title

Nah, he'd have to run too much as a CB I reckon Shaq could have easily been the player to fire Stoke to their first ever CL title

Lol, but back on topic, i think if you ask a man u fan who would they prefer to see up top i would think they would prefer to see torres.

chill dude. got your point (but it was your fault to be drawn into an argument with torres fans, we all know how that goes).

Lol, but back on topic, i think if you ask a man u fan who would they prefer to see up top i would think they would prefer to see torres.

I don't get the impression from redcafe that they watch too many of our games - I think they don't even think there is a remote chance of Sturridge playing and they all rate Welbeck higher than Sturridge anyway. So in the off chance that Sturridge starts they are going to celebrate cause they all remember the Torres that used to take the mickey out of Vidic a few years back.

I don't get the impression from redcafe that they watch too many of our games - I think they don't even think there is a remote chance of Sturridge playing and they all rate Welbeck higher than Sturridge anyway. So in the off chance that Sturridge starts they are going to celebrate cause they all remember the Torres that used to take the mickey out of Vidic a few years back.

Yeah that is a good point... I could well be wrong on that one. Though there arn't many of us who truly believe anyone other than torres will start at ST.

The one thing I don't get about this Sturridge vs Torres debate is that people call for Sturridge to be number 1 striker on the basis of nothing. As things stand Torres deserves to be number 1 for the fact he's been playing this season, grabbed a few goals and linked up well with the trio behind him. Rather than make outlandish and baseless claims, we should wait and see what Sturridge can do as a CF and then make comparisons and judge.

ONTO THE GAME

I really get the feeling that Fergie is going to go with the Diamond formation as he has an on form Hernandez, RVP and Rooney and this will play into our hands as Carrick will most likely be the base of that diamond and Rooney the tip. Using Ramires and Oscar, we could really shut them out of the game and nullify the United threat. If Fergie went for his traditional wing play, then we could struggle, although it means more space in the middle for us

The one thing I don't get about this Sturridge vs Torres debate is that people call for Sturridge to be number 1 striker on the basis of nothing. As things stand Torres deserves to be number 1 for the fact he's been playing this season, grabbed a few goals and linked up well with the trio behind him. Rather than make outlandish and baseless claims, we should wait and see what Sturridge can do as a CF and then make comparisons and judge.

Based on outscoring Torres two years in a row maybe?

Based on outscoring Torres; Drogba and Anelka's combined tally while at Bolton?

Based on his footballing ability?

Based on being younger and having his best years ahead of him?

I don't know it annoys me, when people say Sturridge is unproven but yet forget that we have given Torres an automatic first team slot based on one and a half years of pain and misery for all parties involved.