Chelsea 2-2 Juventus

BlueLion.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were brilliant last night and conceded two very very stupid goals. It just how I look at the game.

RDM was again smart and waiting for counters (opposite of Atletico Madrid game) and that is just how we must play in order to win difficult games.

I'm not denying that - but you surely cannot deny that Juventus bossed the game for long periods yesterday? They dictated the last ten minutes of the first half (we switched off as soon as the second goal went in, thinking the game was won - a disgusting act of blatant disrespect to a world-class team) and for a good twenty minutes towards the end of the second they were dominant and clearly in the ascendancy especially after the equaliser. I see your point but I think you are doing them a discredit - they were equally as good as us last night and well worthy of their point.

I'm not denying that - but you surely cannot deny that Juventus bossed the game for long periods yesterday? They dictated the last ten minutes of the first half (we switched off as soon as the second goal went in, thinking the game was won - a disgusting act of blatant disrespect to a world-class team) and for a good twenty minutes towards the end of the second they were dominant and clearly in the ascendancy especially after the equaliser. I see your point but I think you are doing them a discredit - they were equally as good as us last night and well worthy of their point.

Agree with Alex.

The 2 goals we conceded weren't stupid goals. Well, depends on what you mean by it, stupid as in lucky/unlucky goals then no. Stupid as in we-could-have-dealt-with-it-but-we-didnt then yes. Vidal would always try to shoot whenever he can and we didnt close him down quick enough, or because our defense thought he was injured & wouldnt take a proper shot. Terry's decision on the 2nd goal,..well, bad bad decision from Terry.

We were brilliant in the 1st half, but dropped back and allowed them to play their game in the 2nd, and they scored. (Remember the score could have been 3-2 to Juve had the shot from Quagliarella not bounce off the bar but gone in instead). All in all I thought it was a fair result.

Watch falcao, This is his style of play.

1. he comes deep to recieve the pass, passes it, then makes a run foward for the through pass or cross

2. He could also stand with the defender raise his hands just up for the midfielder to give him the through ball and start making a run for the pass. (even when the midfielder doesnt give he doesnt just dissapear but tries again)

3. When he is marked he pulls the defenders away and PASSES THE BALL TO THE WINGER OR MIDFIELDER and runs back incase of a one two.

4. The last time i remember torres making a run to recieve a pass is against newcastle and hazard passed to him.

5. Torres holds the ball for too long, he should pass and make the run

If you were a midfielder you will have no idea how to play with torres because he doesnt have a particular style of play.

He used to make runs in liverpool and gerrad finds him with long balls but now he just stands straight. Only big strikers like Drogba and Ibrahimovic should stand straight and recieve ball since they are big enough to not fall down all the time like torres <_<

Torres must make runs or will score few goals fact.

No disrespect but you've not listened to what I said. He had three centre halves to contend with, there was no space in the middle of the pitch. The fact we played so narrow only helped to limit the space he had to work in. Throw in three CMs and you can begin to see why he was drifting out wide to find some space.

If Ramirez or Hazard had hugged those touch lines it would have forced the back three wider given Torres some channels to run into.

No disrespect but you've not listened to what I said. He had three centre halves to contend with, there was no space in the middle of the pitch. The fact we played so narrow only helped to limit the space he had to work in. Throw in three CMs and you can begin to see why he was drifting out wide to find some space.

If Ramirez or Hazard had hugged those touch lines it would have forced the back three wider given Torres some channels to run into.

The problem is that you focus on what others have done for torres and dont consider what torres has done for himself or what he has done for his teammates. Drogba can decide to chest the ball down, shoot from outside the box and score for his teammates. Torres will lose the ball before he can control it leading to a counter attack. Torres will try to dribble and lose the ball when he had a chance to shoot. Against juventus, chelsea had 11 shots and torres contributed to only 1. Why you are denying he is not playing well is confusing.

anyone else think JT may be cracking under the pressure..hes been no stranger to news headlines over the last 3 years..hes mentally strong but things like this that go on an on will play in the back of your mind make you prone for an error(i.e offside trap when simply running with the player would have saved that goal) ..club legend and all he may be done or at least should be reduced in appearances..

not saying the player does not have the fight cause we all knows he does

This, good to see someone eles gets it to, i also think he goes wide since the wingers are no doing their job properly at all, we're trying play like arsenal and walk it in and they showed everyone, it just simply dosent work.

Another thing we need to sort, is that someone needs to sit Luiz down and tell him that he's a defender. Today, Cole, Terry, and Ivanovic attempted a total of 12 long passes. Luiz attempted 17, most on the team. I'm sick of seeing Luiz bomb long passes towards Ramires or Torres and sick of seeing him run up the right side. It didn't cost us today, but it's extremely dangerous. We had some beautiful build-up play today and need to work on that. Luiz is great when he stays back and plays a simple game and terrible when he doesn't. RDM's biggest task might be figuring out how to use Mata. Hazard, and Oscar. All three really want to play the same position and play playmaker which is of course, not possible. Not sure why people are getting on Lampard (well, I know why they are but it's absurd). He played quite well today moving the ball quickly and opening up play. In fact, the double pivot worked well today except for Mikel making 3 or 4 terrible passes one of which cost us a goal.

Suppose you missed the fact that Juventus were controlling midfield for a large portion of the game with Marchisio runs from deep not being picked up my either CM players. So at what point did the CM pivot of Mikel and Lampard actually work. Both looked ponderous when running back to goal and as for the passing backwards or square seems to be the height of their expectation. Just don't see them as our CM pair. They just don't compliment each other.

you do not have the cult of the choreography them in england?

I do not think I have seen a lot over the years ...

We as we do often

Example:

juve-inter

juv_int14.jpg

this choreography has been paid by your society to show the stolen scudettos, too easy

btw, respect for chelsea, that deserved to win

this choreography has been paid by your society to show the stolen scudettos, too easy

btw, respect for chelsea, that deserved to win

yes, ok.

hahahaha

anyway, yesterday was a great game, Chelsea has improved from last year, and we, on the other hand, showed that mentally we were prepared for this competition

i hope we will qualify for the last 16, that would be a great result for us

you do not have the cult of the choreography them in england?

I do not think I have seen a lot over the years ...

We as we do often

Problem is that loads of football fans in England always leave it until the very last minute to get to their seats, the ground is rarely actually full until after kick off!