Chelsea 2-2 Juventus

BlueLion.

The problem is that you focus on what others have done for torres and dont consider what torres has done for himself or what he has done for his teammates. Drogba can decide to chest the ball down, shoot from outside the box and score for his teammates. Torres will lose the ball before he can control it leading to a counter attack. Torres will try to dribble and lose the ball when he had a chance to shoot. Against juventus, chelsea had 11 shots and torres contributed to only 1. Why you are denying he is not playing well is confusing.

I'm not you were saying he wasn't making any runs, I'm pointing out that he couldn't given the formation and the style we were employing.

Besides Torres has played badly once this season. That was last week at QPR. He was okay last night, to say otherwise is to simply jump on the bash Torres wagon so many seem to be sitting on at the moment.

Ps - Drogba was bloody awful for us for long periods, people seem to forget that.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you do not have the cult of the choreography them in england?

I do not think I have seen a lot over the years ...

We as we do often

Example:

juve-inter

juv_int14.jpg

Agreed, but your fans are fickle, tend to turn up when your winning.

Best fans I've seen are Germans. The way they organise songs, dances etcetra is impressive.

Suppose you missed the fact that Juventus were controlling midfield for a large portion of the game with Marchisio runs from deep not being picked up my either CM players. So at what point did the CM pivot of Mikel and Lampard actually work. Both looked ponderous when running back to goal and as for the passing backwards or square seems to be the height of their expectation. Just don't see them as our CM pair. They just don't compliment each other.

I didn't miss it and in fact if you looked at an earlier post you would have seen my link to the game positioning. Marchisio's runs were not picked up but it was mostly because Chelsea were outnumbered in the midfield on every attack. This is something the commentators noticed and something that is evident when looking at player positioning. Chelsea had four central players, Juve had five. What I thought RDM was going to do at half-time was bring Ramires back into the middle in order to help out because we weren't able to take advantage of the space they gave us on the wings but they were taking advantage of the space they had in the middle of the park. The double picot worked very well because despite being outnumbered, Juventus had very few chances.

Also, Mikel should mostly be playing the ball short and he gets into trouble when he tries to get too offensive-minded, but again Lampard had 92.2% passing including 9 for 9 on long balls. If you only saw him passing backwards or squaring the ball, you were not watching the game. Lampard made 6 passes to Hazard, 4 to Mata, 3 to Oscar, 2 to Torres and 17 to the fullbacks including a number of times when they were streaking down the wings.

Agreed, but your fans are fickle, tend to turn up when your winning.

Best fans I've seen are Germans. The way they organise songs, dances etcetra is impressive.

??

This image was made during the year, time earlier than the Scudetto

Even in 2010-2011, our worst season we've always done choreography.

EXCLUSIVE: Roman inquest! Abramovich grills Chelsea players over Euro collapse

Roman Abramovich demanded answers from players and coaching staff at Chelsea’s training ground on Thursday after they blew a two-goal lead against Juventus.

Abramovich, who watched the Champions League clash with the Serie A winners from his box at Stamford Bridge, arrived unannounced at Cobham in the morning.

He spoke with players, coaches and manager Roberto Di Matteo on the training field to ask why the European champions could not hold on to a lead against the Italians on Wednesday after Oscar had scored twice in the first half.

http://www.dailymail...s-collapse.html

RDM: "It was a spectacular full debut by Oscar, with a briliant goal against a great team. We hope to see it more often."

RDM: "We need to re-focus on the league after Wednesday night, starting with Stoke tomorrow, who are always tough opponents."

RDM: "Daniel Sturridge is better but tomorrow will be too soon, if he doesn't make the League Cup game it shouldn't be much longer."

RDM: "We need to be more consistent in games, against Juventus we did well but got punished for a couple of mistakes."