Chelsea 2-2 Juventus

BlueLion.

Agreed sometimes wonder what people are thinking. Guess they jump on bandwagons without looking at the game. We played More of a 4-4-1-1 last night to combat your higher numbers in midfield (you hold your shape very well). Our problem was in possession we should have played wider, exploited the three at the back, giving Torres more space to work in.

We maybe just edged the game but I'm talking 52-48.

Your a very good team.

It was a close game and the result was fair, I walked away happy. We didn't put our heads down, hopefully we both qualify.

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You cannot play that against quality opposition from the get go. Ramires is not disciplined enough to play that holding role and Romeu is still raw.

Romeu > Mikel and you're saying that Lampard is better than Ramires as a defensive midfielder?

Or a lack of space to run into. People complain about him drifting wide, well he was up against three central defenders and Ramirez and Hazard never stretched the defence by hugging the touch lines. Where was he supposed to go? Would have been crowded out in the centre of the pitch, especially with Juve having 3 cms.

Watch falcao, This is his style of play.

1. he comes deep to recieve the pass, passes it, then makes a run foward for the through pass or cross

2. He could also stand with the defender raise his hands just up for the midfielder to give him the through ball and start making a run for the pass. (even when the midfielder doesnt give he doesnt just dissapear but tries again)

3. When he is marked he pulls the defenders away and PASSES THE BALL TO THE WINGER OR MIDFIELDER and runs back incase of a one two.

4. The last time i remember torres making a run to recieve a pass is against newcastle and hazard passed to him.

5. Torres holds the ball for too long, he should pass and make the run

If you were a midfielder you will have no idea how to play with torres because he doesnt have a particular style of play.

He used to make runs in liverpool and gerrad finds him with long balls but now he just stands straight. Only big strikers like Drogba and Ibrahimovic should stand straight and recieve ball since they are big enough to not fall down all the time like torres <_<

Torres must make runs or will score few goals fact.

Romeu > Mikel and you're saying that Lampard is better than Ramires as a defensive midfielder?

Romeu is not better than Mikel, he has not shown enough just yet. Ramires is not disciplined enough to play the CM role. I would trust Lamps there more so at least until you get a CM.

Romeu is not better than Mikel, he has not shown enough just yet. Ramires is not disciplined enough to play the CM role. I would trust Lamps there more so at least until you get a CM.

Well i'll end this discussion here its going nowhere to say that Lampard would provide more than Ramires as a CM is crazy but yeh.

Find it ridiculous that people are just dismissing the threat of Shakhtar. Regardless of the result last night, our qualification for the Last 16 is by no means a foregone conclusion.

Not "forgone" but in "perspective".The Shaktar threat will become clearer sooner for us in our back2back games with them rather than latter for juventus as it is their last game and away too so their game at home to shaktar is a must win and much tougher than our corresponding trip to denmark on same day. I recon we should win in denmark and go some points ahead of either shaktar or juve before our 2 leg showdown with the threat shaktar. For an experienced champions league team like chelsea we know what it means(win shaktar back2back and we are through never mind nordsjaelland as our last game at home)

Well i'll end this discussion here its going nowhere to say that Lampard would provide more than Ramires as a CM is crazy but yeh.

Lampard has been a CM his whole career. At the minute the only thing that Ramires has better then Lamps is pace. Lampard might not pull off what he used too but if anyone is going to be replacing him in that position it should no be Ramires. He does not have the build to be a CM, and the reason Robbie is playing him on the wing is to expose the wing backs on counters. When we played 4-3-3 it was a different story as there was always cover for him when he went on a wreck less runs. I am not underestimating Rambo in the slightest but in the current formation he's better suited on the wings.