QPR vs Chelsea

Kieran.

I'd be 100% okay with that, Mata could do with some extra rest along with the 2 week break.

does he even get 2weeks? If he doesn't have to practice this week, he will practice before that QPR game. So he just gets a week off.

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id like to see:

Cech

Iva - Cahill - Luiz - Bertrand

Mikel - Meireles

Oscar

Mata - Hazard

Torres

Moses in for Mata or Oscar in the 70th.

Romeu on for Meireles in the 75th.

Sturridge on for Torres in the 75th

You'd like to see that exact line-up, with them exact substitutions, at them exact times? How can you want to see certain substitutions at certain times without seeing any of the game? Substitutions are used to freshen things up - either bring on more attacking players when we're looking for a goal or wanting to put the game to bed, or bring on more defensive-minded players when we're aiming to hold on to a lead and close the game out. The fact that you've stated what subs you'd like to see in the game is preposterous.

my best 11 that no one wrote

cech

Azpic-Cahill-Terry-Bertrand

Romeu-Ramires

Hazard-oscar-mata

Sturridge

if you ask me this is the best 11 not only against QPR this is what i want to see all season

a lot of guys say give a chance to torres he will get back to himself. give a chance to Sturridge he will show you that he could be better than torres and he will not be selfish if he will get more that 10 minutes to prove himself and not be nervous that he must score a goal in this short time.i don't say kill torres but i say Sturridge could be better and give him the same chance even if he won't cost us 50 million

about Romeu we all loved him last season whan he got a chance no reason why he shold not play! perfect for our new system defend great pass fast forward!

Ramires could really fix our slow cb at the back and the same could fix the probalm that going slowly from defence to attack

and yes i think it's time for Bertrand to switch ashly you all talk about iva that is bad ashly was bad the same for me

and still 4 english players on the 11 :)

what do you say?

I agree that Sturridge should be given more of a chance playing as the predominant striker. However, I don't think he should usurp Torres, not in the slightest. We should be bringing Danny on with 20-30 minutes remaining if we're needing a goal, either to play alongside Fernando or to replace him. Torres has shown that, given confidence, he will score goals and be a massive threat to opposing defenders. He will need resting though, and Sturridge should be the man to replace him as and when the time is right. I don't think Sturridge needs to be brought in to the starting eleven just yet, though, but he should definitely be featuring heavily in most games as an impact sub.

Totally disagree with Bertrand being in the starting line-up ahead of Mr. Consistent at left-back as well. Ashley's been solid for us for quite some time now. Although he didn't have the best of games by his standards against Atlético, he wasn't poor and he shouldn't be dropped because of such a performance. I like Bertrand and do fully believe he's the man to replace A. Cole in the long-term. For now, however, Ashley should remain ahead of him in the pecking order.

Luiz and Ivanovic, while both being quality players in their own rights, should both be put on the bench for this fixture. Not just because they had a poor game last time out, but also it will show that Di Matteo isn't a pushover and that there are adequate replacements waiting patiently on the sidelines if you're not up to scratch. I've got a feeling they will both play though, even though I don't think the necessarily should do.

Cech

Azpi - Cahill - Terry - Cole

Mikel - Meireles

Moses - Mata - Hazard

Sturridge

I like that lineup, but I doubt RDM will rotate much. From what I've seen from Robbie, he doesn't like to change his starting 11 a lot. No way he will start Azpi and Moses but I would expect them later on in the game depending on the result and match itself.

As I said in my post above, it would be great to see Danny get a run. It's a shame to see him on the bench :(

I like that lineup, but I doubt RDM will rotate much. From what I've seen from Robbie, he doesn't like to change his starting 11 a lot. No way he will start Azpi and Moses but I would expect them later on in the game depending on the result and match itself.

As I said in my post above, it would be great to see Danny get a run. It's a shame to see him on the bench :(

Well this match is only 4 days before the one vs Juve, so rotation is not exactly an impossibility.

not a chance , you'd have to be insane to drop torres after finaly he looks like hes regainning his confidence and form. sturrage just needs to man up and bide his time. thats what you need to do at the top clubs. he'll get his chance once the cup games come round, just not gonna risk him vs juvi.

Here's the lineup:

Cech

Ivanovic Luiz Cahill Cole

Mikel Lampard

Moses Mata Hazard

Torres

Bench: Turnbull, Azpilicueta, Romeu, Ramires, Oscar, Marin, Sturridge

RDM doesn't just disregard players because of one bad performance.He shows his faith in them by giving them second chances to redeem themselves and to prove to their new critics the real class they truly have.

So if Ramires,Iva,Lampard and Mikel all start then I shall not be disheartened as they all are world class players and have played well with each other many times.

What i'd love to see:

Torres - Sturridge

Hazard

Moses - Marin

Mikel

Cole - Terry - Cahill - Azpilicueta

Cech

Fat chance tho. At least i think he should stop this double pivot tho and use a straight 3 along the middle. He can use Lampard, Mikel and Ramires with the 2 wingers and the striker which would still work well imo but i'd like to see Sturridge up front. This is his type of game.