QPR vs Chelsea

Kieran.

• Replies 901
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think as fans, we'd all like to see Oscar have a blinder. He's shown glimpses of magic (the cameo at Wigan comes to mind), but -- realistically -- nothing to justify a starting position.

As for Azpi and Moses, I think it's sink or swim -- start them and judge their performances accordingly. Put them in and it will create competition for starting spots which is something RDM has successfully skirted since coming in. But Ivan at RB and Rami on RW have nothing to justify their starting XI places with their recent performances, respectively.

I think as fans, we'd all like to see Oscar have a blinder. He's shown glimpses of magic (the cameo at Wigan comes to mind), but -- realistically -- nothing to justify a starting position.

He's not going to do this by playing 15 minutes here and 10 minutes there. He needs to start games then we can really see what he can do.

He's not going to do this by playing 15 minutes here and 10 minutes there. He needs to start games then we can really see what he can do.

He should start at some point, but I see no harm in him coming off the bench for a couple more games to give him more of a feel for the game. A start against QPR would be fine as well though. I'd love to see Sturridge get some minutes at striker at some point as well. If I have one criticism of RDM so far, it's that he tends to be too conservative for my tastes. That won us the CL so I can't really complain, but since I see this as somewhat of a rebuilding season, I'd rather he take the occasional risk, He might as the season goes on, I mean we still have 55-60 games to go after all.

He needs to start games

I see no harm in him coming off the bench [...] A start against QPR would be fine as well though.

I'd love to see Sturridge get some minutes at striker

Yes definitely, a start for Oscar will be far more telling than the same amount of minutes accumulated in sub appearances. As for Sturridge, he's shown that he's got the hunger in him, I can't stand to see him sit on the bench as much as he has.

It's early, but why should squad rotation have to wait? I think rotation needs to happen now because the Atletico game, as much as people have written off it's validity, showed us how dangerous it can be when players are feeling too safe in their starting roles

As much as I dislike these formation predictions, I've always liked to see an inverted 4-3-3 where instead of one holding mid and two wider players, you have two central mids and an attacking mid behind a normal trio of two wingers and a #9.

Cech

Azpi - Cahill - Luiz - Bertrand

Mikel - Meireles

Oscar

Mata -Torres- Hazard

As much as I dislike these formation predictions, I've always liked to see an inverted 4-3-3 where instead of one holding mid and two wider players, you have two central mids and an attacking mid behind a normal trio of two wingers and a #9.

Mata wont be on the wing that much tho. That type of formation will prolly be more effective with Moses as RW since Mata drifts in central alot.

He should start at some point, but I see no harm in him coming off the bench for a couple more games to give him more of a feel for the game. A start against QPR would be fine as well though. I'd love to see Sturridge get some minutes at striker at some point as well. If I have one criticism of RDM so far, it's that he tends to be too conservative for my tastes. That won us the CL so I can't really complain, but since I see this as somewhat of a rebuilding season, I'd rather he take the occasional risk, He might as the season goes on, I mean we still have 55-60 games to go after all.

Yep and the same goes for Azpi. Ivanovic was poor against Atletico and there are weaknesses to his game as a full back, but it wouldn't be right to throw Azpi right into the mix away from home. The atmosphere at this game is also going to be very sour given the shit that went down last season, and I think we need an experienced defence which can hopefully keep their heads for this game. It is also why I would take Cahill over Luiz for this game.

The Carling Cup match is shortly after the international break which gives the likes of Oscar and Azpi a full 90 minutes remember.

In midfield I would like to see an energetic and dynamic midfielder alongside Mikel in the middle. I would love to see Ramires get a chance in the pivot, but failing that Meireles or Romeu alongside Mikel. This should hopefully give the pivot more solidity, which would allow us to place three offensively minded attacking midfielders. Mata and Hazard obviously take up two slots at the moment and I would like to see Moses who would give us an outlet out wide.

Failing this if Lampard is to remain in the pivot alongside Mikel, then I expect to see a more defensive winger on show and if that is the case I would currently prefer Bertrand over Ramires due to the contrasting forms of each.

Well, at Chelsea Oscar didnt proove anything yet.

Some european journalists got surprised by the fee paid for him, but brazilians who long followed Oscar thought it was a fair value for his quality (thats the amount of faith they have).

As a former KGB spy you should have done your research better. Try to see a full game of Brazil or Internacional and you realise his ability and, specially, his vision and passing skill.

Brazil plays a 4-2-1-3 and he owns the midfield position (1), being the only one to give rythm to the attack (similar to what Xavi does), putting the already old Ronaldinho and Kaka on the bench. Just to give a sense of what he means to the future of internacional football, a very renowned sport journalist (Juca Kfouri) ranked Oscar the 4th best young prospect Brazil has had in 20 years, after Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and Neymar.

With all of that, I think he justifies a TRY at the starting position.

I'm confident with this one if we play Ramires and Romeu in the double pivot. QPR have the quality to really hurt us, so we better make the most of our chances. I hate these cunts and really want to smash them.

Cech

Azpic-Cahill-Terry-Cole

Romeu-Ramires

Moses-Sturridge-Hazard

Torres

Drop Luiz and Ivanovic, especially Ivan as he's been terrible recently. Mata needs a rest too, think it's best to shot two strikers on, we need to go at that QPR defence, it's our only advantage, unfortunately M'bia will be playing... yes our fucking luck QPR get all there bastard players just before they play us, so lets hope we score a lot of goals.