Victor Moses

Superblue

@DYC., @Yeboii, @Stingray, @Weckerz,

I'm not sure you got my full point which was:

Hazard who really offers very little when he's not the key player of a given playing sequence.

If you start to twist it and pretend I meant that he offered nothing, I don't get the point to answer me as one just cannot debate by twisting so much someone's point.

You've several ways to be involved in an attacking playing sequence:

1. You can ask the ball to get it and make the difference
  2. You can put others in good positions, try to shift the opponent's block
  3. You can make a false call to create space
  4. You can stay rooted to fix a defender

Defensively,

1. there's tracking back,
  2. close the channel,
  3. the actual defending etc...

My point was that if Hazard is fantastic facing the play when he has the ball and can take on the opponent. But that's a third or a quarter of what he is supposed to do in a game. He's brilliant at points 1., 2. but quite poor in points 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Overally it's fair to say that he offers little in terms of build up of the goals (don't give me the assists figures, that's absolutely not what I'm talking about), use of the space when he's not about to get the ball and finally the defensive work.

If I'm harsh on him it's because he's the abilities to do what I just mentionned but for some reason he doesn't seem to want to improve drastically those facets of his game. Benitez kicked him in the ass, that's all what Garcia/Di Matteo never dare to do, especially when Hazard didn't gave a single fuck about the tactical training sessions at Lille (yes, we can put the Sturridge nonsense into perspective!)

Hazard started the season as CAM because on paper he's easier under pressure to protect the ball etc... When played as CAM for Lille, he did the playmaking role to feed the channels. Hazard was pushed out wide after that, mainly because his main go for us was to receive the ball onto his feet, turn over and take on the opponent without ever distribute the ball from both flanks.

Moses is 20 days older, played 145 games whereas Hazard played 167 pro games. Not at the same level either. I'm not sure the age/experience debate isn't a minefield to be fair.

Don't put in the England/Ligue 1 difference either, that's fair for Oscar who's just about to discover Europe... But Hazard has been a regular starter for 4 seasons, played in Europe, never learnt how to defend. He didn't defend at all at Lille, there was just nobody to point that out.

I said Moses offers more than Hazard, that's not in terms of skills or stuff like that... that's about team & work ethic. I don't compare the abilities in itself (is he able to beat 3 opponents only with his wrong foot blabla) but the facets of the play.

Moses offers runs, use of space when attacking, retains the ball collectively speaking ; he defends by tracking back with defensive skills

Hazard offers world class abilities facing the play on the ball but is quite average (i.e has to improve) elsewhere.

I still can't manage to understand why some can pretend I meant Moses *is better* than Hazard. At the moment Moses is more all round than Hazard, so offers more to the team in terms of general balance.

I agree on some points. But for point 3, I think it depends a lot on his fitness level. I've seen matches where he did lot of movements to create space for other players. the first match against CSKA of LIlle, he didn't receive many balls, the russians putting double or triple covering. On the Pedretti goal, he moved a cska player that was in front of the box covering for an inside turn when Hazard moved to the right to receive a ball that he let pass for a Pedretti alone with no pressure.

Yes Hazard played many matches but I'm not sure I rate Garcia very well. He's good to bring the best of a particul point of an offensive player like he did with Gervinho, Bastos, focusing on a very strong point but to the detriment of the all-around play.

That's why I've said that I would have prefered if Hazard had Puel on the beginning of his career.

If you look at Garcia, he misused a lot of midfielder or had problems with them, Gueye, Cabaye, Obraniak all had problems with him.

Hazard is bad at pressing, defensively when he is on, it's more channeling the play into certain areas that he's best at.

What I would like to see more is Oscar playing more central, a bit behind Hazard to develop more some understanding they have, they had good moves of Oscar coming from behind using the back to goal play of Hazard laying off the ball to him in the space.

Perhaps next year when they will have the all pre-season to adjust that.

Part of the reason why we've been struggling is because of this guy's absence.Moses provides balance to our team. He is a first team player. Whether he is good enough or not is debatable but he can hold up the ball and in the second half arsenal game he would have been ideal.

Been the best player on the pitch today. Created and scored the first penalty. De-ja-vu a few minutes later, does the same thing, gets the keeper sent off and scores the penalty. Would of liked to see him back here but always good to see a Chelsea player performing well :)