Victor Moses

Superblue

That description suits Willian as well.

well that's harsh. Willian definitely isn't worth the 30m we paid for but he's a type of player Jose really needs in his team. His defensive work helped us many times last season and yes attacking may not be that great as his defending but hopefully that'll improve now.

Not many players will offer the same level of intensity and energy on both halves of the pitch.

well that's harsh. Willian definitely isn't worth the 30m we paid for but he's a type of player Jose really needs in his team. His defensive work helped us many times last season and yes attacking may not be that great as his defending but hopefully that'll improve now.

Not many players will offer the same level of intensity and energy on both halves of the pitch.

Moses' defensive contributions are on the same level as Willian's. Offensively both didn't manage many goals and assists but the thing is Willian will be 26 years old in a few days, has never produced many goals/assists, shies away from doing anything significant when it matters and cost us 32m whereas Moses still isn't a finished product, is more direct and cost the usual amount you pay for your #4 player in a position.

I've lost track on how we are doing on the homegrown quota. That could influence whether Victor stays or not.

You're allowed 17 over 21 non-HG players in your squad.

So:

1 - Cech

2 - Schwarzer

3 - Ivanovic

4 - Luis

5 - Romeu

6 - Ramires

7 - Torres

8 - Hazard

9 - Oscar

10 - Mikel

11 - Schurrle

12 - Costa

13 - Willian

14 - Azpilicueta

15 - Courtois

16 - Matic

So that leaves us room for 1 more.

And so 6 HG players:

18 - Fabregas

19 - Terry

20 - Cahill

21 - Bertrand

22 - Moses

So room for 1 more there too.

Salah, MVG, Lukaku, Ake, Blackman and Zouma all count as U21 btw.

To my knowledge and using the Premier League website, that's my understanding of it.

Moses' defensive contributions are on the same level as Willian's. Offensively both didn't manage many goals and assists but the thing is Willian will be 26 years old in a few days, has never produced many goals/assists, shies away from doing anything significant when it matters and cost us 32m whereas Moses still isn't a finished product, is more direct and cost the usual amount you pay for your #4 player in a position.

I have to disagree here. There is no way Moses offers the same defensively as Willian. Moses will try to help out but at times he can be very lazy. Willian has had a few remarkable games for us and consistency is his only issue.

Also kind of unfair to judge him after just 1 season in the premier league. Give him some time and I am sure he'll do equally well offensively.

So:

1 - Cech

2 - Schwarzer

3 - Ivanovic

4 - Luis

5 - Romeu

6 - Ramires

7 - Torres

8 - Hazard

9 - Oscar

10 - Mikel

11 - Schurrle

12 - Costa

13 - Willian

14 - Azpilicueta

15 - Courtois

16 - Matic

And so 6 HG players:

18 - Fabregas

19 - Terry

20 - Cahill

21 - Bertrand

22 - Moses

To my knowledge and using the Premier League website, that's my understanding of it.

I don't think Salah and Van Ginkel count as U21 anymore, IIRC it's players born on 1st January 1993 or later for the 14/15 season and both of them were born in 1992. Salah I think will no doubt be in the squad and he would fill out the remaining non-HG spot but out of Van Ginkel, Mikel and Romeu we can have only two and therefore one of them has to go. For any further signings we would have to make room by selling someone.

So:

1 - Cech

2 - Schwarzer

3 - Ivanovic

4 - Luis

5 - Romeu

6 - Ramires

7 - Torres

8 - Hazard

9 - Oscar

10 - Mikel

11 - Schurrle

12 - Costa

13 - Willian

14 - Azpilicueta

15 - Courtois

16 - Matic

And so 6 HG players:

18 - Fabregas

19 - Terry

20 - Cahill

21 - Bertrand

22 - Moses

Aké counts as HG from this year onwards as far as I am aware. Though it's looking like he'll be taking Bertrand's place as cover for LB and Moses could still leave so I still think we're short.

So:

1 - Cech

2 - Schwarzer

3 - Ivanovic

4 - Luis

5 - Romeu

6 - Ramires

7 - Torres

8 - Hazard

9 - Oscar

10 - Mikel

11 - Schurrle

12 - Costa

13 - Willian

14 - Azpilicueta

15 - Courtois

16 - Matic

And so 6 HG players:

18 - Fabregas

19 - Terry

20 - Cahill

21 - Bertrand

22 - Moses

Are you sure that Lukaku is still U21? I don't think so. He turned 21 in May.

EDIT: Same for Salah and MVG. That puts us in some trouble, if true.

Lukaku was born in 1993 so he'll be considered U21. The rules can also be interpreted in a way that would make him even count as homegrown but I'm not sure about that. Even if he doesn't get the HG status he will definitely still count as U21 this season, no doubt about that.

Salah and MvG will have to be registered, like I already said in my post above. One of Romeu, Mikel, Cech, Schwarzer will most likely have to make room if the plan is to get both of them in the squad.

Lukaku was born in 1993 so he'll be considered U21. The rules can also be interpreted in a way that would make him even count as homegrown but I'm not sure about that. Even if he doesn't get the HG status he will definitely still count as U21 this season, no doubt about that.

Salah and MvG will have to be registered, like I already said in my post above. One of Romeu, Mikel, Cech, Schwarzer will most likely have to make room if the plan is to get both of them in the squad.

Too lazy to look up the rules again, so I'll take your word for it! :P

It's U21 from this January. I got who was still U21 from the Premier League website, so I guess they all fit the criteria.

It's U21 from this January. I got who was still U21 from the Premier League website, so I guess they all fit the criteria.

If that is the case, then Lukaku is U21 but MVG and Salah are not. In which case, we have one more player than we can have.

I think Lukaku will count as a HG next year.

No, he missed out by 3 months. We signed him in August when his birthday is in May.

No, he missed out by 3 months. We signed him in August when his birthday is in May.

The FA aren't that strict on the rules. From my understanding, the fact that he's completed 3 seasons in England before the end of his 21st birth year makes him HG.

Mvg and salah don't count as U21 as far as I know. Lukaku counts as HG even if not U21.

But the list given above includes, mikel, romeu, mvg, rambo, matic and cesc. Which I don't think will happen.

As far as I see it,

We might have 3 non HG gks (cech, thibaut, mark)

For 8 defenders we have 3 non HG players (iva, azpi, luis)

For CM/Dms we have 3 sure shot non HG players (rambo, matic, mvg)

For AM we have 5 sure shot non HG players (hazard, oscar, schurrle, willian, salah)

For strikers we have 2 non HG players (c osta, torres)

Hg players are

JT, GC, CESC, LUKAKU

Which leaves us with 4HG slots to be filled in 3 defender slots (zouma, ake,?), 1 CM/DM slot (romeu/mikel/chalobah/new signing) and 1 AM slot (moses/piazon/atsu etc etc)

This average player that you are talking about displaced Mata, KDB and Schürrle from the starting XI, + alongside Hazard played most of our big matches (even more then Oscar). Surely he must be doïng something right eh? Where was Moses at Liverpool... Thank God good managers (Rodgers, Mourinho), and people that actually watch football matches (and not just statistics) can differentiate the good players from the bad.

The FA aren't that strict on the rules. From my understanding, the fact that he's completed 3 seasons in England before the end of his 21st birth year makes him HG.

I looked up the rules the other day when we were discussing Pogba and it says 36 months. If the FA are lenient then that's another story, but by the book, he can't count as homegrown.

I looked up the rules the other day when we were discussing Pogba and it says 36 months. If the FA are lenient then that's another story, but by the book, he can't count as homegrown.

Either way we'll see after this transfer window. Either he'll still count as an u21 or he'll be on the home grown list for the season coming up.