Victor Moses

Superblue

Liverpool's first team Spurs first team

----------- Sturridge ------------ ---------Soldado-----------

Moses -- Coutinho -- Suarez Lamela --- Eriksen --- Lennon

---------Lucas ---- Gerrard---- ------ Paulinho --- Dembele

Enrique - Agger -- Skrtel -- Johnson Rose --- Jan -- Dawson -- Walker

------------Mignolet ------------ ------------ Lloris ------------

Spurs have the much better bench in comparison to Liverpool.

yup i know... that is exactly what i wanted to say. :)

i mean compare hendo, sterling, aspas with gylfi,chadli,townsend. allen with sandro and capoue. tottenham squad simply thulps them

I agree with many of your points, Ry (may I? Although Ryan is my very fave name in English for boys, I have a tendency of abbreviating everything). I don't think he's a bad player. I think he's inconstant. He's young, even if he's going to be 23 this year as someone pointed, he's still under development. Many players started peaking too early in their careers lately and I guess it leads us to lose the grasp of the reality for most. A player who is 22, 23 has plenty of time to improve and peaking at 25, 26 is absolutely normal and acceptable. It's still the case with most athletes in all sports.

now how fair is it with him to be a third option for one position? Because Willian can play quite well in the middle and he can do the false 9 if Mourinho wants him to (something I don't think he will, but still), so in theory he's third in more than one position. Eden is Mourinho's untouchable, he will only miss when he's injured and absolutely needs rest and even then both Kevin and André would be ahead of him. I think Willian caused a problem to Mourinho, not to Moses. Moses would play even less than he played last season. Much less actually. How fair is that? For one to be considered a squad player he has to have play I'd say at least 25% of the matches (whether starting or coming as a sub), don't you agree? Take Willian out of the equation. With Mata, Oscar, Hazard, André and Kevin, when would Moses play? The Swindon match and others of the likes of it, the eventual sub in the last 15 minutes. He wouldn't be selected to even be in the bench many times because we can't have only AM in the bench...

Also I didn't mean he doesn't fit at all. I meant others fit better. Not only for their work-rate, but also because of their style. For certain kind of matches though he'd fit better than André, for example. But in my opinion Kevin is an improved Moses through and through in everything you listed (except maybe the strong part, although Kevin isn't small and he's strong. It's tough to push him away with your body). I think he should have left, I don't think loaning our players to a club like Liverpool is wise though. I feel like we are belittling Liverpool and writing them off from the title contenders. That could be a mistake, although they've been consistently shit for the past few years we should never underestimate a club with their force, tradition and history. I know this is one of the worst shit to read, but sometimes those things still win you matches, they can unbalance a few matches, so I wouldn't underestimate them or Arsenal - just made fun :P

Lol I dont really mind Ryan or Ry whatever...

In a way Moses is something we are going to lack this season; Oscar, De Bruyne, Schurrle, Willian, Mata and Hazard all love coming inside and playing like most wingers/attacking midfielders these days, Moses can do both, he can operate on the right and stretch teams like he did for Wigan, operate more centrally like he did at Palace and also play on the left seen at Wigan, Chelsea and Liverpool. He is probably better on the right, as I said in my previous post, hes strong, pacey and direct. When we play whoever against smaller teams, perhaps even bigger teams, they will look to congest central areas where all our 3 behind the striker players love getting involved, so something is going to have to give, either Schurrle operates on the right every game and looks to do something he didn't do much of at Leverkusen (stay very wide and stretch teams) or Kevin plays on the right and does the same, staying very wide giving him a chance to utilize his crossing ability. If not we are going to suffer against teams due to a lack of width and being too narrow at times, Moses would have been ideal for this I feel. Sure he'd not be getting much minutes but I liked his pre-season performances and I felt he gave us something the others didn't in particular that game against Inter, he was superb, both offensively and defensively. Sure Andre will give us the same defensively but I think his game (coming off the touchline and coming inside to shoot) is much better on the left flank.

Also on Eden being an untouchable, I disagree, especially as I thought Mata would have been basically untouchable this season after what hes done for the last 2 years.

We have that much quality in the squad, nobody in the band of 3 is untouchable perhaps except from Oscar as he is very productive defensively which Mourinho obviously likes in comparison to the rest of the #10s.

Apart from the scum doing well, I don't see why you would be upset that Moses is doing well. I was very happy for him and hopefully he can continue doing well and he would have a chance to be back here. I still haven't given up hope for him.

Does anyone else think he will be caught up in the mix and end up at another club permanently sooner rather than later? The attacking roles are pretty stacked at the moment (sans striker) from the last transfer window. Hopefully the club makes the right judgement with Moses and this doesn't end up biting the club in the arse.

Yeah, but Victor, unlike the likes of Oscar, Mata, Hazard and Willian, is content to playing a squad player role and we might be needing that more than a starter material player because we're already over-loaded with those.

Apart from the scum doing well, I don't see why you would be upset that Moses is doing well. I was very happy for him and hopefully he can continue doing well and he would have a chance to be back here. I still haven't given up hope for him.

Yeah, but Victor, unlike the likes of Oscar, Mata, Hazard and Willian, is content to playing a squad player role and we might be needing that more than a starter material player because we're already over-loaded with those.

Well we don't know that for sure. He mightn't be that content to be a squad player...

How can any footballer be content to play as a squad player only ?

I believe, every player wants to play for his respective team as a starter. If he can´t, then he may take whatever is offered.

Recently, BA said several interesting remarks. " I will try my hardest, train hard, but I expect to be given a chance to play. "

Moses would have been a starter anyway. The hard-working but technically inept Henderson has been been playing in a makeshift wide role so far; their team would look like:

Back 5

Lucas - Gerrard

Coutinho

Moses

Suarez

Sturridge

It's a decent side, hopefully they can take a few more points from our title rivals and help Moses develop even more. I think he has what it takes to be here next year.

Moses would have been a starter anyway. The hard-working but technically inept Henderson has been been playing in a makeshift wide role so far; their team would look like:

Back 5

Lucas - Gerrard

Coutinho

Moses

Suarez

Sturridge

It's a decent side, hopefully they can take a few more points from our title rivals and help Moses develop even more. I think he has what it takes to be here next year.

It's a side that will lose the midfield battle against most PL teams. Coutinho has zero defensive work-rate. I'd much rather play Suarez there if I were the manager.

It's a side that will lose the midfield battle against most PL teams. Coutinho has zero defensive work-rate. I'd much rather play Suarez there if I were the manager.

I have watched every Liverpool match since Coutinho and Sturridge signed for them. Coutinho is a diamond and has a lot of interceptions to his name, he's fine playing as a number 10. What has been hurting Liverpool in that department is that Lucas was out of form coming back from his lengthy injury and Gerrard has lost his legs. It's not Coutinho's job per se to protect their back four.

Back on topic I think Moses is gonna have a blast playing for them this season, but their squad as a whole is barely top 5 material.

i can belive how stupid rodgers was last night. playing moses central is one of the worst ways of using him specially when u have rafael and nani on the same wing. nani is no help defensively and with rafael, u ll always get your chances.

yet pool played 3-5-2, through out the match

-------suarez----sturridge-----

------------moses-------------

enrique---lucas---gerrard---henderson

--------sakho---skrtel----kolo----

simply poor desision from rodgers cast pool the match. suarez behind sturridge or henderson behind suarez/sturridge in a normal liverpool 4-2-3-1 with the other on the wing would have been way better.

i hope this ws just one match and moses continues playing on the wings...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...