Victor Moses

Superblue

But the problem is that do you need a very expensive acquisition (Willian) who will be expecting plenty of first team playing time while competing with other expensive buys (Hazard, Mata, Oscar ect) who will also want playing time meaning some may very well not be happy and cause friction in the dressing room. Or have someone like Moses who in comparison cost pittance, is a hard worker, versatile along the attacking three (and as a striker) and is happy to be a squad player for us?

Don't get me wrong, I love Moses (if you read through this topic you'll find I'm probably the most pro-Moses person on this forum) - but Willian is the better player. However I totally agree with you that Willian was a luxury signing, and £25 million we could have spent on enticing a half-decent forward.

Don't get me wrong, I love Moses (if you read through this topic you'll find I'm probably the most pro-Moses person on this forum) - but Willian is the better player. However I totally agree with you that Willian was a luxury signing, and £25 million we could have spent on enticing a half-decent forward.

uhm uhm... say what??? :)

If he's still the Moses from last season he'll have 1 cracking game for every 3-4 abysmal ones. Here's hoping

even in those "abysmal" performances, he somehow managed to score 10 goals in 20 starts. fine by me.

There is more chance of Everton challenging for the title than Liverpool.

They have much better owners than Everton ... I have been worried since they took over ,,,Anfield will be rebuilt as a 60000+ stadium ..

They will invest in the team .. If Rodgers doesnt deliver they will bring in an experienced guy . I t might take 5 years but the Scousers are a REAL

threat...Everton will not progress as long as Kenwright owns them

I'd consider Eto'o a half decent forward. Seems like half decent wasn't good enough against Everton.

Should go big this winter.

They have much better owners than Everton ... I have been worried since they took over ,,,Anfield will be rebuilt as a 60000+ stadium ..

They will invest in the team .. If Rodgers doesnt deliver they will bring in an experienced guy . I t might take 5 years but the Scousers are a REAL

threat...Everton will not progress as long as Kenwright owns them

Long term maybe, but i don't see the big fuss off this current Liverpool squad, their just been over-hyped like they were under Kenny control.

They imo will finish 6th or 7th depending how long it takes for Everton to get fully intergrated to Martinez's philosophy.

well at least pool fans must be thinking the same about Shelvey.

TBH always thought the guy as an interesting player with the right amount of aggression (perhaps a bit too much at times) and some quality passing the ball. Would have gone for him as a HG squad player for the right price. And only 21 btw...

idk..maybe Jackson Martinez

seriously? 40mil (i dont see porto selling him for anything less than that). and it will be the same problems again.

buying strikers in the winter should be dubbed as a CARDINAL SIN (torres, ba) unless there is simply no other option or the team has a massive injury crisis. i can only hope that the board has learned somthing for our past dealings and wont repeat the same mistake.

ps - JM would not be worth half the money we would have to spend on him. my opinion on the matter - take your chances with what we have already done for the season. hope for etoo, ba/ torres to help our attacking mids get us thru. next season sell ba and torres, dont give etoo an extension (i dont know if he is on 1 or 2 year contract) , recall romelu and actually use him for once and buy rooney (with just one year left in his contract).

Long term maybe, but i don't see the big fuss off this current Liverpool squad, their just been over-hyped like they were under Kenny control.

They imo will finish 6th or 7th depending how long it takes for Everton to get fully intergrated to Martinez's philosophy.

Top of the table without one of the best players in the Premier League is a pretty impressive start. I think they still have holes so I don't see them as contenders, but I think a fight for the last CL spot is a possibility.

If he's still the Moses from last season he'll have 1 cracking game for every 3-4 abysmal ones. Here's hoping

Gotta like how some have a bit of selective memory and only remember his poor-average performances in the 2nd half of last season while forgetting his good form pre-AFCON. And not to mention, he played a vital role and performed decently in our Europa League run. But all of those are forgotten/ignored.

I don't understand the hype about Everton .. looking at the press ratings it looked as if they absolutely battered us .We gifted them a goal and we were

wasteful in the extreme. Remind me what Martinez managed last year ... A visit to Wembley but where else did his team go???

Top of the table without one of the best players in the Premier League is a pretty impressive start. I think they still have holes so I don't see them as contenders, but I think a fight for the last CL spot is a possibility.

Fair point, although having said i think they actually are more balanced without Suarez, Sturridge is the main man for a start, it will be interesting to see what happens when the Uraguayian returns.