Victor Moses Joins Chelsea

James

I think Ramires will go back to the deeper role and Sturridge will go back to being a striker no we have Moses. We have all the cover we need now to be honest. I was impressed with Danny when he came on against Reading, think he looked bright and lively. If we don't buy any more players now until January, i'm quite content. I'm sure Hazard, Mata, Moses and Marin can all play up front if needed anyway. Not ideal but Sturridge is a striker at the end of the day and he proved he can score at this level with Bolton albeit with a pertner up front. I'm not really sure he can do the lone striker role. He scored a lot of goals last season under AVB when he played. I reckon if he had a run of games, he'd get goals.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of you moaning about ''too much depth'' in the wings, I'll take this every day of the week over the Anelkalouda trinity that were our only options there less than 18 months ago.

Great signing who bolsters our attack directly (wings) and indirectly (Sturridge to CF now). A young HG player for ~7m upfront ... Well done Emenalo!

Not a big name and a star, but he is a true winger with great dribbling skills and pace that favors playing on the right wing. He is already used to PL and won't be on massive wages. He is also only 21. It's really difficult to find a right winger as good as Moses but also as young as he is.

Great signing.

Well it is about time this was confirmed. I am thrilled at the depth we have now in the attacking roles, quality skilfull players like Mata, Hazard and Oscar and pure wide men like Marin and Moses. So many options and possibilities for Robbie. Another top signing by the club this summer.

Not a big name and a star, but he is a true winger with great dribbling skills and pace that favors playing on the right wing. He is already used to PL and won't be on massive wages. He is also only 21. It's really difficult to find a right winger as good as Moses but also as young as he is.

Great signing.

Is he a true winger though? I've always been under the impression he is a winger that has been converted from a centre foward.

Is he a true winger though? I've always been under the impression he is a winger that has been converted from a centre foward.

Like Sturridge, I don't think he's big enough to shrug off most defenses and also, like him he prefers to shoot than pass, not the most prolific of wingers, just the 8 goals to show in 74 matches but he wins fouls, he's clever with his feet and he's only 21! decent buy but like Oscar, it's too early to tell if he'll live up to that badge.

Perhaps but I don't care if he was a postman in his past :D he played as a winger for Wigan and he has done it well there. His crossing is also nice.

Would have prefered a striker.

Hazard, Marin, Oscar Sturridge, Bertrand and Mata are already here for the 3 offensive midfilders

The fact that you had to include a left-back and a striker there to make up the numbers clearly shows that Moses is more than needed. Now we have Hazard, Mata, Marin, Oscar and Moses for those three positions and the likes of Ramires, Bertrand and Sturridge can all provide cover there if needed but primarily they should be playing in their own positions. Ramires is a tricky one because Di Matteo doesn't seem to like him for the double pivot and insists on playing him on the right wing, but Sturridge and Bertrand shouldn't play on the wings that often imo.

I didn't include Malouda, Benayoun and Kakuta there because I consider them deadwood and they're not in the club's future plans. Maybe we can't get rid of all three within this transfer window, but they're definitely gone by next summer at the latest.

You guys HAVE TO read this story regarding our new player!

Crystal Palace starlet Victor Moses was playing street football with a 'sticky tape' ball when he heard both his parents had been murdered..

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/oliver-holt/Crystal-Palace-starlet-Victor-Moses-was-playing-street-football-with-a-sticky-tape-ball-when-he-heard-both-his-parents-had-been-murdered-article53720.html

He came through an extremely difficult situation.

Nothing but respect for the man after reading this article. My goodness, the horror which people have seen and still keep on going.

I am delighted that we´ve signed him. He´s very strong and happy to drift out wide and hugging the touchline. Something we haven´t had in ages and what we need so desperatly. If called upon, he´d play as a striker as well. I remember last season Wigan lost to United with a man down and he was playing centre forward alone upfront and still troubled the shit out of United.

The Physique of the man! We've just basically bought Lukaku again but one who's got more premiership experience. After seeing Lukaku yesterday, i can't wait to see us play him and Moses and Terrorise some poor back line one day.

You guys HAVE TO read this story regarding our new player!

Crystal Palace starlet Victor Moses was playing street football with a 'sticky tape' ball when he heard both his parents had been murdered..

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/oliver-holt/Crystal-Palace-starlet-Victor-Moses-was-playing-street-football-with-a-sticky-tape-ball-when-he-heard-both-his-parents-had-been-murdered-article53720.html

He came through an extremely difficult situation.

Respect. Wish him even more luck now. The guy is extremely couragous and is playing Football for the love of it. His parents would be proud