Victor Moses Joins Chelsea

James

Chelsea Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Victor Moses from Wigan Athletic.

The 21-year-old winger's last appearance in Wigan colours came in Chelsea's 2-0 win at the DW Stadium last weekend, when he caught the eye with his strong running out wide.

The Nigerian international is a product of the Crystal Palace youth academy and made his first team debut in late 2007.

After establishing himself with the Championship side, Moses transferred to Wigan at the end of January 2010 and quickly settled into life in the Barclays Premier League.

In total he played 74 league games for the Latics, following 58 for Crystal Palace.

At international level, Moses appeared for England from schoolboy up to Under 21, but has opted to represent Nigeria at senior level, and made his debut in February against Rwanda.

http://www.chelseafc...nsfer-completed

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great news, another quality youngster, also has premier league experience and can speak english which will make his development much quicker, and it shouldn't take long to adapt to us and he should be ready to go in no time... :) Can't wait to see him running at some defenders.

Welcome to the best team in Europe Victor Moses! Can't wait to see him play now and hopefully terrorise Atletico Madrid in the Super cup. So exciting to see all these youngsters come, we could have the same team in 5+ years, such great potential in every signing we've made so far. Very exciting times. Now we just need an out and out striker and we are sorted. We have genuine quality everywhere for the first time in a long time.

1. He can really play RW?

2. Is he better at LW?

I would say the way he troubled Ashley Cole last weekend that he is very comfortable playing right wing. In fact given he was Wigan's talisman last season he was given freedom to float from one wing to the other. I think being comfortable on either side will only benefit him, given the free flowing way our three attacking midfielders are looking to set up this season.

Edit: Post number 1,000!!! It's taken a while to get there, but I think fitting on the day Chelsea have brought two more stars in the making :yay:

Stunning moves and business by our board this summer. Welcome to Chelsea FC Victor.

Yep, i agree, i am perfectly happy with our signings if that is the end... But i am sure speculation of other signings will run long next week up until deadline hour...