Chelsea 2-3 Man City

James

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do u forget the man city matches last season and how mata BULLIED kompany with his touches. anyways he was our player of the season and always one of our best players on the pitch in any match, against any opposition... plus pre-season has already shown how much we need mata.

I never doubted Mata had an astonishing contribution last season, u could argue if he really was our best player last season but he is truly a great player. I also remember when he completely humilated Kompany. Though, 1. this was on the wings so he had more space to execute his skill, 2. he was overturned and stopped by Kompany, who is a distinctly faster player and got overturend and tackled. Okay we got a freekick, but that is what i am aiming at. He might have brought the ball some metres (or " <_< yards <_< " ) into the oppositon's half, but here is why that exact action indicates, why he is NOT and automatic choice for the City game. Mata went to the wing ( in a sort of counter attack try ) because he got bullied in the center. We need to counter attack city over the wings, which is one of the most effective ways to beat them. As u say Mata is not suited for a counter attacking game. On the wings he is to slow and not effectively tracking back, in the centre he will get bullied by City. In addition one reason because his form sunk a bit in the latter stages of te season was because he was so tired of playing all the time, he lacked sharpness. Now he comes back from the Olympics. I would not want to play a not completely refreshed Mata against some of the most physical defensive players of the EPL.

The quicker we keep Eden from 10 role, the better. Really would like to see us in a 433 with Eden on the right to see how he does over there.

Didnt we play just like that in our last pre season game? And we all saw how that went...

If we play some good contre attacking football , we'll beat them ; we have a stronger squad than the previous year, and Eden Hazard/Ramires on the wings are very quick , Mata in the center to give them good balls , we can do it ; Hope Torres will be good , because its his last chance.

I never doubted Mata had an astonishing contribution last season, u could argue if he really was our best player last season but he is truly a great player. I also remember when he completely humilated Kompany. Though, 1. this was on the wings so he had more space to execute his skill, 2. he was overturned and stopped by Kompany, who is a distinctly faster player and got overturend and tackled. Okay we got a freekick, but that is what i am aiming at. He might have brought the ball some metres (or " <_< yards <_< " ) into the oppositon's half, but here is why that exact action indicates, why he is NOT and automatic choice for the City game. Mata went to the wing ( in a sort of counter attack try ) because he got bullied in the center. We need to counter attack city over the wings, which is one of the most effective ways to beat them. As u say Mata is not suited for a counter attacking game. On the wings he is to slow and not effectively tracking back, in the centre he will get bullied by City. In addition one reason because his form sunk a bit in the latter stages of te season was because he was so tired of playing all the time, he lacked sharpness. Now he comes back from the Olympics. I would not want to play a not completely refreshed Mata against some of the most physical defensive players of the EPL.

who says that he will get bullied in the center. even in the bayern match he held the ball better than dd, he dint get bullied off the ball by kroos and bastian. the only problem was that he dint have any outlet but with hazard in the team mata can feed off of hazard and the other way round. plus we have to test mata and hazard together atleast once before the start of the real season.

Don't get your points. I think i have often observed Mata being bullied off the ball by physically stronger opponents. Kroos and Schweinsteiger are as weakish as Mata, so I don't know what that has to do with that, dunno why they should be a benchmark, their defensive abilites are average. I think wigan is enough of a test before the season. Anyhow I don't argue, Mata shouldn't play. But I would not play him for more than one half and probably wouldn't start him for the reasons elucidated above

What is parking the bus?

I have wondered the same thing but from reading the boys posts I assume it means to play a defensive game and hope to score on set pieces (not worry so much about the offensive side of things) and to not attack as much.

Am I right guys??

I have wondered the same thing but from reading the boys posts I assume it means to play a defensive game and hope to score on set pieces (not worry so much about the offensive side of things) and to not attack as much.

Am I right guys??

lol yeah i was just making a lame jeopardy joke, he wrote a page where he could have just said let's park the bus.

Am I right guys??

the_chelsea_bus_is_parked_omar_momani.jpg

Am I right guys??

The definition of parking the bus is what we did against Barcelona at the Camp Nou.

I think this is really difficult to accurately predict. None of us really have any idea where the two teams are in terms of fitness right now, and pre-season never really gives away much. And for those of us who remember winning this in 2000, it's more than a glorified friendly - a trophy is a trophy, and while not the biggest one, it's still nice to win.