Chelsea 2-3 Man City

James

Cech

Ivanovic - Luiz - Terry - Cole

Mikel - Lampard

Mata - Hazard - Malouda

Torres

I don't really care even if we lose, as long as it's not a humiliating defeat. Which I don't think that will happen. I can see City winning either 1-0, or 2-1.

Replace Malouda with Marin (if available) and you got a good line up there :)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Parking the bus would make guys like Mata, Marin, Hazard, and Torres ineffective as possibly they could look. Good luck defending with those players too. I would just play Ramires and Malouda on the wings, Essien, Mikel, and Lampard in midfield if that is the case.

Parking the bus looks good when u win, but when you lose it looks much worse.

Agree totally mate. If we parking the bus our attack could be almost ineffective and we just can score from counter attack.

Why do you people keep putting Hazard in the hole instead of Mata? What the hell is wrong with you? Either some of you are delusional or you have forgotten that Mata was the best player on the team last year while playing in the hole and Hazard is a new player who hasn't even had time to adapt to the EPL yet. And yet some of you think Hazard is going to unseat Mata at his position and force him out wide.

Firstly this match is by no means unimportant. If we are to challenge for the title, City will be our biggest rivals. Beating them would just send a strong message to English Football. Additionally it would maintain RDMs perfect record in finals, boost our confidence and could accelerate the development of the squad in its new structure.

Parking the bus as against barca and bayern is simply not possible as we lack a striker who can effectively play as left back AND score decisive goals. without Bertrand or Kalou we are also missing a relatively fast winger who can counter AND defend. Nonetheless trying to force our non-existent attack play on City is equally futile...

Silva has never really performed against us, but I have also never been excited about Nasri. At any rate, we probably have to cede the midfiel to City anyway. With an Essien in decent form, we completely dominated City in 2011 at the Bridge and comprehensively beat them, This time, Yaya and de jong will absolutely bully Ramires or mata off the ball fi deployed there.

Richards, Zabaleta, Kolarov, Clichy like to attack excessively. That is where were we will catch them, when their fullbcks are off position we have to win the ball deep in midfield and lamps can send out his inch-perfect diagonals for ramires to run after, storm forward and play a simple flat cross to the striker or finishing himself. Rambo mihgt be a CM esp a RCM, perfect for a diamond or 4-3-3 but in a defensive, counter oriented 4-2-3-1 he is the perfect weapon for the RW, as he tracks the fullback back, deep in our half and then is in the position to sprint forward when we got the ball back, can't think how often we scored because he was able to overturn the fullback.

The problem is, we don't have s.o. like him for the other flank.

Don't get me wrong, I strongly advise against using him regularly wide out there instead of signing a proper RW, but for the next game we need him there

To control Agüero (who I still feel should be here instead of Torres), we need our fastest and most mobile defender.

In this particular game, I'd also rather have Malouda or even Benayoun ahead of Marin from beginning. Marin is a good player, but anyone can skin a MLS-defender. In games as these, experience is more important.

At last, Lamps and Mikel are an automatic choice for the double pivot. Mikel and Lampard are most comfortable when they seldom have to move more than 10m in a faster tempo. ACtually, Mikel and Lamps conduct themselves to footballs as Cats do to water. They don't really like to stay in contact with the ball longer or even move with it even though they are able to do so, but they like to have it for a few touches once in a while, but swiftly get rid of it. Playing rather defensively will surely enable them to get the space in front of the box clean and lamps to build up play from the deep or start the counter

Why do you people keep putting Hazard in the hole instead of Mata? What the hell is wrong with you? Either some of you are delusional or you have forgotten that Mata was the best player on the team last year while playing in the hole and Hazard is a new player who hasn't even had time to adapt to the EPL yet. And yet some of you think Hazard is going to unseat Mata at his position and force him out wide.

I think its because Mata can play on the Left wing and central, and it would appear that hazard is much better at CAM than at Left wing...Also i don't think you should look at it as being a players position as its whatever works best for the team. So if Mata at LW and Hazard at CAM is better than Mata at Cam and Hazard at LW, then it doesn't matter which individual is better in one position, though tbh it doesn't really matter that much as there should be a lot of movement in that front 3... Also with the arrival of Oscar, they both could end up on the wing.

It's not cause people think Hazard is better than Mata, it's because people think the loss in Hazard's form by forcing him out wide is much bigger compared to that of Mata if he's played out wide.

50% Hazard on the left + 100% Mata in the middle

vs

80% Mata on the left + 100% Hazard in the middle.

I'm not saying I want Mata on the left, but just trying to clear it up for you. I don't think anyone ever said that Hazard is better than Mata in the hole, no way. Mata is our best player and it's not even close.

Actually why not even bench Hazard? If we're going for a more defensive counter-attacking approach, then I wouldn't even play those two in one team. I would go for something like

Marin - Mata - Ramires

With Mata being subbed for Hazard in 2nd half, reasons for that being that Mata needs rest (he's not a 90 minute game player) and Hazard needs to be bedded in gradually, not be a starter automatically in every single game right off the bat. Hazard will then have the opportunity to run at tired legs. Plus being benched once in a while will do good for his complacency if he has any.