Chelsea 2-3 Man City

James

I have wondered the same thing but from reading the boys posts I assume it means to play a defensive game and hope to score on set pieces (not worry so much about the offensive side of things) and to not attack as much.

Am I right guys??

Jose coined the term:

On Tottenham - September 2004

66a.gifAs we say in Portugal, they brought the bus and they left the bus in front of the goal. I would have been frustrated if I had been a supporter who paid £50 to watch this game because Spurs came to defend. There was only one team looking to win, they only came not to concede - it's not fair for the football we played. 99a.gif

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jose coined the term:

but to be fair, in September 04', we were not a great attacking force either. at the start of that season, we had results like 1-0 or 0-0. it was only after october that we started scoring frequently.

anyway, don't think we should park the bus for this. we will just be under incessant pressure

but to be fair, in September 04', we were not a great attacking force either. at the start of that season, we had results like 1-0 or 0-0. it was only after october that we started scoring frequently.

anyway, don't think we should park the bus for this. we will just be under incessant pressure

It was more beacuse of the injury to Robben in the pre season. Once Robben was back in the squad, goals started coming. I remember many 4-0's and 4-1's in our favour once he started playing!

I dont think we will park the bus though. But even if we do park the bus, it will not mean we will play the same way when we meet city again in the league. There is no point going full throttle against City in a glorified freindly IMO.

This 'Park The Bus' issue has been completely blown out of proportion. It would be totally silly to do that and hope for the best. We are most likely to sit back and play on the counter especially when we have better attacking threats now in Hazard and Marin. IF we try to attack and take the game to City, we will be torn apart, just like what happened in the opening 20 minutes or so in the home game against City last season. Our defence are not solid enough and midfield doesn't offer a lot of protection to it for us to do that just yet.

Was just going through the Man City Forums to check for their views on this match and Chelsea, but for some reason, no CS match thread has more than 5 posts and about 100 views, while all sites are saying 500 or so people online in the last 5 minutes.

Ive checked Bluemoon and many more.

Am i missing some big forum or are their fans generally so inactive?

So we can probably expect this:

Cech

Ivanovic D. Luiz Terry Cole

Mikel Lampard

Ramires Mata Hazard

Torres

I'm not a fan of the 4-2-3-1 formation, think a 4-3-3 suits us better (with the right players).

The most important thing for me will be our style of play. I just hope we don't go all defensive.

I think it's better if we start the game with the three of Hazard, Mata and Ramires anyway. Ramires' defensive contribution will be vital.

If we were chasing the game Marin would be useful to come off the bench, but unfortunately he's injured. Our best starting line up for this game is definitely this:

Cech

Ivanovic - Luiz - Terry - Cole

Mikel - Lampard

Ramires - Hazard - Mata

Torres

With no Marin, i'd be more happy with this than any other lineup (Mata not included, because i doubt he will start)

Ramires-Benayoun-Hazard

------------Torres-----------

But i'm sure that won't be the case. It will either be 4-3-3 with Essien, Mikel and Lamps in midfield, and Hazard + Ramires out wide.

Or 4-2-3-1 with the normal double pivot, and Meireles in the middle, supported by Hazard and Ramires.

God help us.

Was just going through the Man City Forums to check for their views on this match and Chelsea, but for some reason, no CS match thread has more than 5 posts and about 100 views, while all sites are saying 500 or so people online in the last 5 minutes.

Ive checked Bluemoon and many more.

Am i missing some big forum or are their fans generally so inactive?

They all still post on their previous team's forums.

With no Marin, i'd be more happy with this than any other lineup (Mata not included, because i doubt he will start)

Ramires-Benayoun-Hazard

------------Torres-----------

But i'm sure that won't be the case. It will either be 4-3-3 with Essien, Mikel and Lamps in midfield, and Hazard + Ramires out wide.

Or 4-2-3-1 with the normal double pivot, and Meireles in the middle, supported by Hazard and Ramires.

God help us.

Never gonna start with benayoun i doubt... If we don't include Mata then I would rather see

Hazard Ramires (Pick a midfielder, Lucky dip)

OR

Malouda Ramires Hazard...

But i think and hope mata will start in which case the lineup would hopefully be a 4-2-3-1 the same as everyone else has listed... Not a fan of ramires at RW as many are aware however without Oscar and Sturridge etc we have a lack of options there...

Only difference i would make to the general list of...

CECH

IVAN LUIZ TERRY COLE

MIKEL LAMPARD

RAMIRES HAZARD MATA

TORRES

is that i would probably go with Cahill over david luiz... Just think IMO that ivan cahill terry cole is much more solid and being it is against City i think that would be the better way to go...