Chelsea 2-3 Man City

James

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very excited about this one for sure! My first Chelsea match which I'm able to watch this season. Couldn't watch any pre-season matches because of military service and I will miss too many matches this season because of that. Sucks...

Our stupid Sport Channel canceled the broadcast of the match.... :rant:

I am in my new apartment and I was supposed to tune a channel that is broadcasting the match. I was told that TV actually has the channel. However, I failed lol. I can't find it. Stream it is then.

I am in my new apartment and I was supposed to tune a channel that is broadcasting the match. I was told that TV actually has the channel. However, I failed lol. I can't find it. Stream it is then.

In my case it's a bigger problem, because i'm paying for this channel and i want to see the chels...

Anyway, people are using the term "park the bus" too loosely. There's a difference between playing cautious counter-attacking football and total defence. Total defence is what we did against Barca once we had the lead and against Bayern to lesser extent, we rarely park it in domestic competitions.

I don't understand why people say we need to be cautious and play on the counter. It's a glorified friendly people, there's no need for a strict tactical aproach. The players should go out to enjoy themselves, nothing more.

No Hart, Silva, Balotelli, Kompany, RIchards and a few other players apparently. Jesus we could win quite easily here if we get our tactics right. Just get pacy players in behind Savic and Lescott if they're playing and score goals :o:Goober:

No Hart, Silva, Balotelli, Kompany, RIchards and a few other players apparently. Jesus we could win quite easily here if we get our tactics right. Just get pacy players in behind Savic and Lescott if they're playing and score goals :o:Goober:

i am not so sure. pantilimon is no turnbull and zabaleta, toure, aguero, and nasri are more than capable backups. couple with that the shit we've put up in pre-season so far, this could go south very easily unless we improve a LOT

i am not so sure. pantilimon is no turnbull and zabaleta, toure, aguero, and nasri are more than capable backups. couple with that the shit we've put up in pre-season so far, this could go south very easily unless we improve a LOT

True but we have got to try and take the likes of Zabaleta, Kolo Toure or Savic and expose them as they are ok but not the same quality as Richards and Kompany. We do that and we have every chance. Well if we do better than in pre season anyway...

True but we have got to try and take the likes of Zabaleta, Kolo Toure or Savic and expose them as they are ok but not the same quality as Richards and Kompany. We do that and we have every chance. Well if we do better than in pre season anyway...

this is the acid test for fernando torres. if he can't tear through savic and lescott, then i think we need to bring in a first choice forward

this is the acid test for fernando torres. if he can't tear through savic and lescott, then i think we need to bring in a first choice forward

Exactly. if Torres stuffs up, we better sign a good striker asap.

I hate it when we play Man City. They are strong, and we haven't exactly figured them out yet the way we've managed to keep United, Arsenal and Barcelona fairly harmless past few years. And I find it a bit more difficult to take a loss against them than one against a 'traditionally big' club. If likes of Silva and Kompany are missing out, however, we should be able to win this one.

As Ryan said they have quite a few key players out. Silva/Nasri/Kompany the main ones who probably won't feature. Having said that, they will still put out a very strong side which speaks volumes about how strong their squad is. Feeling a bit more confident now though.