Brighton Vs Chelsea

James

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ill be honest losing this game dont bother me at all, its just the fact we only had like 3 decent shots on goal, gotta be said aswell Hazard looks a little lost on the wing think we might have a problem with that as it looks like he wants to play the no.10 role

A lot of problems. The first 2 goals in the game show the good and bad of Ramires. Great in the counter attack but then his dreadful control gives Brighton the ball and they score. Their second is dreadful defensively. The third is even worse.

The 4-3-3 didn't work. The 3 man midfield is plodding, hard working but distinctly average on the ball. Then a lack of width and penetration down the flanks didn't help. I also don't think the 4-3-3 is Torres favoured formation.

There are players to return. Mata and Oscar are so important to get integrated into the side as soon as possible. Romeu would be a good option in midfield and Stirridge is a very good option to have as a striker. On top of that there's Marin and maybe 1 or 2 signings. I think another quick winger and a technically good attacking right back are important to get into this side.

Well that was fun. :rolleyes:

I assume there's a hit out on me now where all my future posts are dismissed etc.

Similar to Kojo. (Apologies for bringing you into this.)

We'll win against City and no sarcasm. I truly believe all we lacked was motivation and a few key players. It's a pre-season friendly and a loss - so what? Atleast we saw we had problems and we've got a month to fix them. If we don't then it's a whole another story. Not the end of the world guys, shape up and get behind your team. I've noticed from the quality and maturity of our average posts on this forum that our member base has gone alot younger. Keep a clear mind and be objective not lash out. Move on, bring on Community Shield!

Ever heard of a paper round?

Well this is embarrassing. "To not see" was actually written with perfect grammar & spelling.

LOL. Now a lying bastard? Just ask anyone on here - Last week my flag was the Brazil flag, and the week before that the English flag.

Yet again, an invalid 'point', if you could even call it that.

Oh really? I seem to remember you making reference to my join date and then suggesting I hadn't seen many, if any, games before this season. Correct?

Ever heard of the travelling costs, accomodation, food and the differences between money value in various countries?

I'll try not to see your mistakes.

Yeah, I bet that if I asked people around they would all know what the fuck you're changing since you're such a star around here. Besides, it says "nationality" for a reason.

I wasn't suggesting anything, as I wrote, I was WONDERING.

@Bir_CFC you seem to have forgotten Piazon, he played on the left of 4-3-3 for the youth team, we could have easily played him on the left, Hazard on the right and Ramires his natural position...We have the personnel they were just played in wrong positions or not all...Well i am off to watch Oscar

How can the bright, young, gifted, hazard at Lille have changed to the standard slow build up 5 yard left or right pass Chelsea midfielder in just 4 games is pretty impressive, Meireles must have been training him

We'll see the real Chelsea next week. I'm not judging the score line until we play a serious match, the one against City for example.

Pre season's over now, time for the lads to step up, win those 50/50 battles, concentrate and play to win.

P.S. Jim, we need better servers.

I am fucking pissed off with the result have to admit. Regardless that it is a pre-season game we are the Champions League winners, fielded a very strong team and would like to see some pride at least for god sake. Three games lost in a row, does this look good going into the season, NO. Remember just before beginning of 10/11 we lost three consecutive friendlies against Ajax, Frankfurt and Hamburg. Oh, the guess what, we had the community shield a week later against Man United. What was the score, 3-1 United.

Did we go on to win anything that season? No we did not, so we can't just ignore pre-season games, judging by what I have seen a lot of work needs to be done and as shown in previous years as I have mentioned, we need to look at these games and see where we went wrong. Because judging by our defence pre-season, even against the likes of Seattle was appalling and jsut imagine against the likes of Silva, Tevez and Aguero. Hope we improve starting from next week

@Bir_CFC you seem to have forgotten Piazon, he played on the left of 4-3-3 for the youth team, we could have easily played him on the left, Hazard on the right and Ramires his natural position...We have the personnel they were just played in won positions or not all...Well i am off to watch Oscar

Are Brazil playing today? I don't think they are.

I wonder how long this "It's just Pre-season" excuse will last. If Citeh beat us comprehensively will it turn into the "It's just the community shield" excuse? A loss to Wigan then the "It's just the first game of the season" excuse will appear. No....get a reality Check. These losses are very worrying. Mata and Hopefully Osar will help. I have realised how far we still are from being a great team that can be anywhere near top spot. 2 horse race for the title with 3rd and 4th up for grabs. We could struggle for even 4th...

Looking at the date you signed to the forum makes me wonder if you even know how we played in the last few pre-seasons.

some people..

Wait - are you suggesting that the fact he has only registered himself on the forum two months ago, means he doesn't know how we were playing last summers ? Which would mean that the date of your registration here stands for the date when you begin to support Chelsea ? This accusation is of the same standard as to say "you don't know jack because you don't go to games"... We don't need this here.