Brighton Vs Chelsea

James

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? How seriously? And it begins <_<

They said before the game he had a slight knock, so i assume there is nothing that much to worry about, and they didn't see the point in risking him which is fair enough...

As i just said, its not about better selections, its about your WHOLE squad having full match fitness and being ready to go for the season

How long are we gonna be using that as an excuse? It was already the 5th pre-season game FFS! Those players who played today should already have sufficient game time by now. No excuses for making the same mistakes over and over again. We're not making any complicated errors here but the basic ones!!

How long are we gonna be using that as an excuse? It was already the 5th pre-season game FFS! Those players who played today should already have sufficient game time by now. No excuses for making the same mistakes over and over again. We're not making any complicated errors here but the basic ones!!

Its not an excuse, its just a fact. If pre season was about results, then you'd see every team put out a full strength team for every game but players like Meireles, Torres, Luiz and whoever else joined later all need to get fitness to be on par with the rest of the squad. Its not hiding the fact that it was a bad performance because yeah it was shocking, but you can't make predictions, start writing off managers from these friendlies because the main focus isn't the result

Team for Community Shield, if I see something else I turn off TV.

Cech

Ivanovic - Cahill - Terry - Cole

Mikel - Lampard

Oscar - Mata - Hazard

Torres

Unfortunately Oscar won't make it, especially Brazil just beat Honduras and proceed to the semis.

Its not an excuse, its just a fact. If pre season was about results, then you'd see every team put out a full strength team for every game but players like Meireles, Torres, Luiz and whoever else joined later all need to get fitness to be on par with the rest of the squad. Its not hiding the fact that it was a bad performance because yeah it was shocking, but you can't make predictions, start writing off managers from these friendlies because the main focus isn't the result

i didn't watch the match yet but against a team like Brighton ... a defeat certainly isn't acceptable... 3-1 ... i am not calling for anyone's name here ... just saying the team and manager have to set things straight... i want us to the comm.shield.how did Hazard & Torres play today? and wat happened to Marin?

edit: DD's two goals for Shenhua were really good :)

ktbffh

Hazard still needs to find his feed a bit and has to find his role in the team. He was always drifting inside, that it seemed that he likes to play behind a / the strikers.

Maybe we find an option to get some dynamic between Mata and Hazard going down the left.

How to set up the midfield really gives me a headache with all these attacking midfielders.

'I was expecting more from my team in terms of urgency and movement,' said the Italian. 'I was looking for a better performance than the one we gave today.

'We were too stretched, never aggressive enough and didn't get the ball back quickly enough when we lost it. With the ball, there wasn't enough movement and there were a lot of things we didn't do. We have to be a bit more focused and sharper.'

One thing the manager is concerned about is the amount of goals we have shipped in pre-season, but while he expects that to be ironed out in the coming weeks, he warned supporters not to expect a significant change in our style of play ahead of the coming campaign.

'A lot of the goals have been individual errors that will be cut out when we get into the rhythm of the league and the fitness is there,' said Di Matteo.

'There aren't going to be radical changes, but with the integration of new players inevitably we will change a bit. The way we want to play is to win many games and score goals.'

Torres looked good imo. When we were pushing forward Brighton were defending pretty well, and Torres couldn't do much because everytime he had the ball he had to deal with at least 2 Brighton defenders. Can't really blame him.

Both were mostly invisible. Hazard looked disinterested, Torres could yet again complain about lack of service and movement behind him.

Not that he was much effort. Lukaku came on and had the same shitty service, yet he was able to create a couple of chances for himself through some good movement.