Brighton Vs Chelsea

James

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robbie needs to switch his formation for this one just to experiment, the 4-2-3-1 hasn't really worked well so far and I think we need to go back to 4-3-3. Brighton are lower opposition than any of the teams we played in pre-season but still they are going to be stubborn and try to stop us. So probably expect 10 men behind the ball when we are on it. As long as Hazard, Marin, Ramires and Lukaku or Torres try to run at their defense a bit more rather than try and pass their way through it we should do a lot better. We just need that bit of "spark" and some decent passes/crosses/dribbles in the final third !

We won't try 4-3-3. RDM seems to be stubborn. He better be careful and not do an AVB where he doesn't react to us playing poorly and sticks to his guns because Guardiola is right there in the shadows...

I honestly hope not, Robbie's got to have a back up tactic at least. Under AVB when 4-3-3 didn't work, he used 4-3-1-2, putting another striker on and Mata behind them. Also we have to get a proper right back with pace tbh, Branna doesn't look too reliable when a decent ball gets played in behind him and hes left against a speed merchant. Hes not too fast, sitting deep suits him just as much as it suits JT.

we should NOT play 4 3 3 with the current players at disposal. continue 4 2 3 1 with higher tempo.

use the trio of marin hazard and piazon to support torres. leave out players like mereiles away from the final third in a attacking position.

we should NOT play 4 3 3 with the current players at disposal. continue 4 2 3 1 with higher tempo.

use the trio of marin hazard and piazon to support torres. leave out players like mereiles away from the final third in a attacking position.

Piazon isn't ready to support DJ Campbell at QPR never mind Fernando Torres. We need to play Hazard and Marin though totally agree.

at last we can come to the coclusion lampard and mikel do not fit the bouble pivot. neither wants to deffend and neither moves the ball quick enough. we may have bought players for our attacking thid but the crucial part of the midfield is still lacking, and as such our deffending hasnt been great. I wish Robbie would use Mceachran and Romeu (ala Swiensteiger and Gustavo)as our new double pivot. Its no wonder our best performance so far ( Seattle) came with him in midfield both dictating and controlling the game. And we know Romeu is quicker in his passing and deffencive qualities. While lampard still gets forward and neglets his deffencive responsibilities, while Mikel even though 25 has not learned that when one goes up the other stays home, or ( Like last year)when Luiz goes up drop in to cover.

Pweople will say its only preseason but this was our fouth match while AC Milan this is their third. Plus arguably in our whole line up ( first half) we had players all fimiliar to each other over the year(s) with the exception of Hazard.

We are trying to move in a new direction yet we are stopping at the half way house ( aka Lampard, Mikel Essien Etc... ) As our slow labored play still constrives us to the past. As we all saw the new players and young once were the brightest and imaginative of them all.

And why are we playing Ramires on the wing? Were we playing Barcalona or was it AC Milan I saw. Love the guy but he is limited, and only works for a strategic required gameplan. Not the Wigans of the world. People need to put their sentimentalism on one side and remember its a squad game not my favorate eleven squad.

I thought thrugh out this preseason Robbie would show us something diffrent, change of tactics, formations , and his own brand of philosophy but in the end , nothing . I am quite dissapointed and so will Roman.

And why are we playing Ramires on the wing? Were we playing Barcalona or was it AC Milan I saw. Love the guy but he is limited, and only works for a strategic required gameplan. Not the Wigans of the world. People need to put their sentimentalism on one side and remember its a squad game not my favorate eleven squad.

This. So true.

at last we can come to the coclusion lampard and mikel do not fit the bouble pivot. neither wants to deffend and neither moves the ball quick enough. we may have bought players for our attacking thid but the crucial part of the midfield is still lacking, and as such our deffending hasnt been great. I wish Robbie would use Mceachran and Romeu (ala Swiensteiger and Gustavo)as our new double pivot. Its no wonder our best performance so far ( Seattle) came with him in midfield both dictating and controlling the game. And we know Romeu is quicker in his passing and deffencive qualities. While lampard still gets forward and neglets his deffencive responsibilities, while Mikel even though 25 has not learned that when one goes up the other stays home, or ( Like last year)when Luiz goes up drop in to cover.

Pweople will say its only preseason but this was our fouth match while AC Milan this is their third. Plus arguably in our whole line up ( first half) we had players all fimiliar to each other over the year(s) with the exception of Hazard.

We are trying to move in a new direction yet we are stopping at the half way house ( aka Lampard, Mikel Essien Etc... ) As our slow labored play still constrives us to the past. As we all saw the new players and young once were the brightest and imaginative of them all.

I thought thrugh out this preseason Robbie would show us something diffrent, change of tactics, formations , and his own brand of philosophy but in the end , nothing . I am quite dissapointed and so will Roman.

a complete over analysis of a pre season game. apart from the ramires part, i disagree completely. mikel and lampard are perfectly suited to the double pivot. the reason they 'slow' the game down is because of the in capability of the front four to do anything inventive..hazard aside. once you see mata, oscar, hazard and torres/sturridge in full flow playing infront of lampard and mikel- you will see the difference. so many times in the first half- lampard made the killer ball fizzed into space for mereiles where mereiles messed up his footwork, when you have mata instead of mereiles, this will automatically change. i however, do agree that ramires is best used in a tactical role and in a role where the team is expected to sit back.

also notice that we had 60 % possession, completed over 200 more passes than milan and dominated the kind of aspects that de matteo is looking to dominate. the bigger picture and outlook is still very positive despite the negative results.

a complete over analysis of a pre season game. apart from the ramires part, i disagree completely. mikel and lampard are perfectly suited to the double pivot. the reason they 'slow' the game down is because of the in capability of the front four to do anything inventive..hazard aside. once you see mata, oscar, hazard and torres/sturridge in full flow playing infront of lampard and mikel- you will see the difference. so many times in the first half- lampard made the killer ball fizzed into space for mereiles where mereiles messed up his footwork, when you have mata instead of mereiles, this will automatically change. i however, do agree that ramires is best used in a tactical role and in a role where the team is expected to sit back.

also notice that we had 60 % possession, completed over 200 more passes than milan and dominated the kind of aspects that de matteo is looking to dominate. the bigger picture and outlook is still very positive despite the negative results.

Most of us would rather we win than complete over 200 passes though... I dont care about the playing style as long as Chelsea are successful and win trophies we can play ultra defensive football or attacking football couldn't care!

Most of us would rather we win than complete over 200 passes though... I dont care about the playing style as long as Chelsea are successful and win trophies we can play ultra defensive football or attacking football couldn't care!

come back and say this when it matters. right now it doesn't matter. it's pre season. we are getting to know the players better- that is all.

Bar everyone that is at the Olympics, I'm expecting a full strength lineup here in preparation for the City game the week after. Have to get back to winning ways and do so convincingly!

It's about time we actually played well, looked dangerous and scored some goals. It's been a while and hasn't happened much at all lately. We've done the experimentation and we've been pretty shit, now we need to just put Brighton away and play the best team in preparation for the Community Shield.