Oscar

themightyblue

So what? When Ronaldinho and Kaka were 21 they were ages ahaed of him.

I think that rather tells some story about how poor Brazil is these days. Kaka, Ronnie have aged fast and the youth doesn't cut it

Ronnie probably has the best touch in football EVER! However, don't agree with Kaka. He was never particular good for Brazil.

He was decent in Europa League, but the last games in domestic tournaments Moses had shocker after shocker.

I totally agree we shouldnt go narrow, but if we are to expect a sparkle of talent and magic, the answer is Oscar and not Moses.

Anyways, not his thread...

Not necessarily have to do anything magical but a matter of who can do it most effectively if you consider what we are doing or at least should be doing. I mean, what's the point of even playing Oscar out wide when it's not even his best position and we have someone like Moses who is suited to play as a winger?!

I think it was worse than Oscar. He did nothing when he was in the middle, but we improved once Oscar was there!

His miss is also absurd. Why didnt he shoot? Not that Oscar's crosses were any better, but if one should get all this negativity, the other should too.

I am not trying to take the blame off Oscar, he has had an average season at the most (his very first season in Europe after no summer though). However, I am arguing why he seems to be the only one getting the blame for our loss...

Disagree when you said we improved when Oscar moved to the middle. Did nothing of note while in there. Even ran into cul-de-sacs when trying to get past players.

And since when I'm blaming Oscar alone for this defeat? Did I even say he's responsible we lost by conceding those goals? No. If you realize, I even lambast a few others in their own thread!

Not necessarily have to do anything magical but a matter of who can do it most effectively if you consider what we are doing or at least should be doing.

Disagree when you said we improved when Oscar moved to the middle. Did nothing of note while in there. Even ran into cul-de-sacs when trying to get past players.

And since when I'm blaming Oscar alone for this defeat? Did I even say he's responsible we lost by conceding those goals? No. If you realize, I even lambast a few others in their own thread!

He D Aguero well at the end and he brought the ball from the back rather than CECH PUNTS! Rambo, Lamps, nor Mikel can bring the ball from the back well.

Not necessarily have to do anything magical but a matter of who can do it most effectively if you consider what we are doing or at least should be doing.

I was talking in a broader sense when saying he is not the only one to blame. I did not say you said it, did I?

Also, we drastically improved when Torres came in and we played Oscar in the middle, between 50-65min. That is my opinion anyways...

Yes, he had one terrible game (not only one, to be quite honest). I just think the overreaction here is stupid to say the least. Loan him? Sell him? Wtf is that?

I was talking in a broader sense when saying he is not the only one to blame. I did not say you said it, did I?

Also, we drastically improved when Torres came in and we played Oscar in the middle, between 50-65min. That is my opinion anyways...

Things did get better when Oscar was moved to the pivot alongside Ramires but otherwise, he wasn't effective when being played out wide or as the CAM.

Yes, he had one terrible game (not only one, to be quite honest). I just think the overreaction here is stupid to say the least. Loan him? Sell him? Wtf is that?

Never said any of those. You would have to excuse me on that part.

You talking about club football, right?

Because Kaka and Ronaldinho never played great for Brazil...

of course i talk about club football. Apart from international football being a joke under the circumstances FIFA provide, i got no idea for what some quali matches against the likes of paraguay and ecuador and some friendlies count for. Having had some decent games for brazil in unimportant or no competitions does not make oscar a class act.

of course i talk about club football. Apart from international football being a joke under the circumstances FIFA provide, i got no idea for what some quali matches against the likes of paraguay and ecuador and some friendlies count for. Having had some decent games for brazil in unimportant or no competitions does not make oscar a class act.

If you talk about club football, you should know it took Ronaldinho 2 season to go to a major club and Kaka first season for Milan was horrible.

Also, Ronaldinho and Kaka never played half the amount Oscar does for Brazil. And I talk England, Italy, Argentina, USA (which isnt that bad), etc. It is not like European Qualify is much better than that...

Things did get better when Oscar was moved to the pivot alongside Ramires but otherwise, he wasn't effective when being played out wide or as the CAM.

No, he wasnt. But he played better when not wide...

Never said any of those. You would have to excuse me on that part.

Again, not on you mate. Do not take things personal!

Loan him? Sell him? Wtf is that?

Hey Romper,

Those are plain idiocies or shouts made without thinking. Still, I wait for Oscar after he had a well-deserved rest. After this - kinda ultra long - seaon for him, it would be unwise to judge him now and way too premature.

I just wonder what makes him so good in Brazil NT (which he does!) that is lacking now. With Hazard it is speed around him, a critical succesfactor (he lacks that in the NT). But I wonder what Oscar needs to really play like he can.

Greetz mate.

Hey Romper,

Those are plain idiocies or shouts made without thinking. Still, I wait for Oscar after he had a well-deserved rest. After this - kinda ultra long - seaon for him, it would be unwise to judge him now and way too premature.

I just wonder what makes him so good in Brazil NT (which he does!) that is lacking now. With Hazard it is speed around him, a critical succesfactor (he lacks that in the NT). But I wonder what Oscar needs to really play like he can.

Greetz mate.

He won't have rest until after the world cup...... lol

Brazil has Lucas,Hulk, and Neymar. Those 3 are speed demons, esp. Lucas and Neymar. Also, they have cms that can pass the ball (granted Rambo doesnt start) and Marcelo and Alves that can open up the flanks as well.

Also, their is no LANGUAGE BARRIER!

Hey Romper,

Greetz mate.

Oscar plays a free role in the middle, not such a hidden secret!

Brasil: Free CAM!

------------ Julio Cesar ------------

Alves - Luiz - T. Silva - Marcelo

----- Fernando - Hernanes -----

------------- Oscar -----------------

Lucas---------------------- Neymar

-------------- Fred -------------------

Chelsea: Disciplined Winger!

---------- Cech --------------

Azi - Ivanovic - Luiz - Cole

----- Ramires - Mikel ------

Oscar --- Mata --- Hazard