Our Squad is overrated

I dont understrand this thread...

How can you justify the squad (or any squad for that matter) being over-rated after three pre-season games?

The creator of this thread must have REALLY high expectations.

Did you honestly think the addidtion of Hazard and Marin was gonna allow the team to dominate Europe? or beat the MLS all stars 1000-0?

Can't believe this thread has been created..

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sloth, be more optimistc mate.

So Mikel who isn't good enough is going to be our DM?.

No!, that's stupid, you can't just say be optimistic, we need to win games. We can't just have faith in shit players, sign up new players, Tiote is miles better than Mikel. Heck even get Lucas Leiva, he's had an injury but he will still be better.

We all know its pre-season and we cannot gauge anything from all the games we played but noticeably we are good in counters with marin, hazard and ramires in the line-up. Our build up play is not really working yet but hopefully in the Milan game we could show some tactics on it.

I dont understrand this thread...

How can you justify the squad (or any squad for that matter) being over-rated after three pre-season games?

The creator of this thread must have REALLY high expectations.

Did you honestly think the addidtion of Hazard and Marin was gonna allow the team to dominate Europe? or beat the MLS all stars 1000-0?

Can't believe this thread has been created..

the thread being created was due to some comments I saw about how boring we looked. I've been reading a lot about our opponents will be pissed by our new players but honestly the only one to fear from reputation is Hazard. ALL OF OUR OTHER SIGNINGS SO FAR, IF THEY WHERE DONE BY UNITED I WOULDN'T BE TOO WORRIED BECAUSE THEY AREN'T NAMES TO BE FEARED.

And for millionth time: I said the team on paper is overrated, not the team on the field! Although our preseason performance hasn't changed my mind about much yet. But I really think we gotta play Eden on the wing

Mikel is shit, obviously, after 2 preseason matches. But being one of our best players during the Champions League run doesn't mean anything right?

not too worried about DM just wondering where Oscar might play.

We lose 1 game in pre season and now it's a disaster. They are half way through their season and fully fit, it's basically just a training match for us with some players missing. Yes I was pissed off at the end but it means nothing. It'd better to judge us against PSG and Milan ad they are at a similar stage in preparation for the new campaign. Was a bit pissed off with Hazard too but it's just a friendly. If we beat AC Milan 3-0 it will turn to "wow what a squad we have".

The big first game is Man City on the 12th. That will show us how good we are and where we are in regards to what we can aim for in May.

So if you think that Mairn is overrated (on the paper), check again. Plenty of members here don't think he's gonna have a big impact (on the paper), same goes for Kevin and Oscar (again, on the paper).

BECAUSE THEY AREN'T NAMES TO BE FEARED.

And yet you started by saying they're overrated..

Some people are actually retarded.

I have clearly been saying Mikel is a shit player, and not because of these three games.

And last season when Mikel was on a good run i was still saying we should sell him, because he isn't good enough. It's time to get rid.

On paper our squad is up there with the best in the world. As shown in Europe our defence is the most spirited in the world, our youth players really have some special talent and going forward its easier to argue we've got to much rather than to little.

Some people are actually retarded.

I have clearly been saying Mikel is a shit player, and not because of these three games.

And last season when Mikel was on a good run i was still saying we should sell him, because he isn't good enough. It's time to get rid.

You need to relax a little Kojo. No need to get all this agitated, it's only just a game. I disagree regarding Mikel, the guy is talented but he can be lackadaisical and erratic at times.

It's just the lack of motivation and focus from our players during these matches that upsets some of the fans which leads them to believe they will take that same kind of mentality and state of ability into the season and perform that way forever. Many get upset and to a certain extent i agree, not to make a fuckin thread and call them all overrated though.

It's just the lack of motivation and focus from our players during these matches that upsets some of the fans which leads them to believe they will take that same kind of mentality and state of ability into the season and perform that way forever. Many get upset and to a certain extent i agree, not to make a fuckin thread and call them all overrated though.

Wow, normally you don't see these type of threads until the leaves start changing. Anyway, I wouldn't say we're overated. It's early days yet. It is absolutely vital that we add some steel to our midfield, an alternative to Brana and Paolo "Pai Tempo" Ferreira at RB, and perhaps a Striker to provide some insurance for Nando.

The big first game is Man City on the 12th. That will show us how good we are and where we are in regards to what we can aim for in May.

Wonder how many will then be saying "It's only a pre-season game. Our first big test is against Wigan..." IF we lose to City...