Our Squad is overrated

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

cmon dude, i bet you never seen oscar playing for Chelsea and you already judged him.

Funny :D

Maybe you dont know where is oscar best position, but im sure Chelsea coach/staff not stupid and know the best for Chelsea.

These kind of threads are exactly the reason why I have some resentments against message boards.

First thing in the morning I want to read so opinion and what do I get ? Some unbalanced, knee jerk reactions to a lost pre-season (!!!!!! how many more times?) game. To be fair there are a lot of good postings on here , the majority actually. ( I am just on a banter-mission)

But as soon as the slightest of things goes wrong, there are all the voices who know exactly why Mikel (of all people) is shit, that our squad is overrated (by whom exactly?) and that we are in deep shit already (yes, already, three pre-season games "into the season").

I am just wondering with what sort of expectations people watch Chelsea play football. We don´t hold the devine right to win every game. Football is a game of "some you win, some you lose". We just had one of our truely great seasons last season and people, I mean, some of the the own fans write us off already ? What kind of mentality and spirit is that ? We haven´t even see someone like Marin in competative action, and already is shit ? What sort of view on football is that anyway ?

I am not saying that one can´t critique players or a performance, but what I certainly think is stupid are these kind of broad generalizations who don´t help anyone to understand what one thinks is going on.

And please, don´t give me a "Lukaku/Mikel/Malouda/Hazard/Mata is shit" anymore because they don´t perform like on the X Box. The footballers we discuss here are not shit. They just have different qualities. It is not like you just win the lottery and become a first team footballer in one of Europes biggest teams.

I am sometimes jumping on several bandwagons myself, but I try to stick to some differenciated views after the initial knee jerk reactions.

Rofl... Who has these almighty expectations?

Im expecting City to win the league, they have the best squad. But we, we have a wonderful bunch of talent at a young age which needs nurturing and moulding. I'd be more than happy with a top three finish, a cup win and a quarter final in the CL. This team is one for the future not next season!!!

We have good attackers, i disagree with you on that bit.

But our double pivot is serious problem, and i mean very serious.

I don't think Lampard can play it, just because he had a good 4 month playing it doesn't mean that's his new natural position and he will play well.

John Obi Mikel is embarrassing, shite player, never seen him track back once, on that 2nd goal where was he?, he was miles behind that player who scored, when really he should be marking him and tracking back. Not years away having a convo with the linesman.

That double pivot is the strength of the team, it really is, we need to get that sorted.

KDB will come good, i assure you, he is a good player. Hazard i'm actually a slight bit worried.

I'm with you on this one. I think it will take quite a lot of time to have chemistry in the team. The back fourn the holding midfield doesn't to be on the same page when it comes to playing style with the creative players that Chelsea will have.

A DM, RB and Striker must be bought if the change of playing style to be succesfull. Lukaku is not good and like with Belgium, it's often like playing with 10 men when he's on the field as he seems incapable of linking up with any midfielders. Torres Sturridge is not enough for a whole season. I've read that Cavani was linked to the club and I think he would be a good option as he moves quite a lot and would create spaces for the midfielders, he can also keep the ball and would link up quite well and he is a great header.

And for millionth time: I said the team on paper is overrated, not the team on the field!

I m confused here ... how is a team on paper be overrated and the same team on the field is not. Are u contradicting urself? By what u started I sure u expect us to win 5 out 7 trophies/titles in which we are competing. I guess u need to hold your horses and relax, even if we win 2 of them it would be really good for us.

And if these signings were done by United, i would have been very very worried 1. they are adding strength to their side, 2. They are getting potentials who could kick a** in the future because they get to gel and learn from the experience guys in the team. 3. These signings provides more options to the manager.

But since these are Chelsea signing, guess they are nothing but overrated!

Last season we didnt sign enough players to enter into transition, we were said that we lack ambitious. Now these season we have signed young Potential players (probably stars of the future which is subjected to performances), so now people say players are overrated. Guess as the wise men says, it is difficult to please everyone.

I think the season after this one will be the season when the club will have a squad suited to the new style they want.

Don't get me wrong, Lampard is and was a good midfielder but he played his best in a advanced role in the pitch.

I remember when England played with a two midfield of Lampard and Gerrard some years ago and it was awful. In their clubs, they were very good but they had great midfielder behind them, Alonso Mascherano for Gerrard, and Makelele and Essien ( in top form).

I really think that to succeed the club will need two great midfielders that can control the game and covers.

-----------Azpilicueta-------------not decided on the two central defenders-------------------------------Cole (then next big thing)

------------------------------------------needs two midfielders

--------------------------------------------Oscar----------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------Mata---------------------------------------------------------Hazard

-------------------------------------Cavani-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think the season after this one will be the season when the club will have a squad suited to the new style they want.

Don't get me wrong, Lampard is and was a good midfielder but he played his best in a advanced role in the pitch.

I remember when England played with a two midfield of Lampard and Gerrard some years ago and it was awful. In their clubs, they were very good but they had great midfielder behind them, Alonso Mascherano for Gerrard, and Makelele and Essien ( in top form).

I really think that to succeed the club will need two great midfielders that can control the game and covers.

-----------Azpilicueta-------------not decided on the two central defenders-------------------------------Cole (then next big thing)

------------------------------------------needs two midfielders

--------------------------------------------Oscar----------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------Mata---------------------------------------------------------Hazard

-------------------------------------Cavani-------------------------------------------------------------------------

When have these two signed?

When have these two signed?

My bad.

The two are linked, Azpilicueta seemingly the closer to come.

But that was just to illustrate what I would like to see and where we would be lacking to be a great team.

I really think we lack two very good, great midfielders if we want to play a possession dominant style.

I m confused here ... how is a team on paper be overrated and the same team on the field is not. Are u contradicting urself? By what u started I sure u expect us to win 5 out 7 trophies/titles in which we are competing. I guess u need to hold your horses and relax, even if we win 2 of them it would be really good for us.

And if these signings were done by United, i would have been very very worried 1. they are adding strength to their side, 2. They are getting potentials who could kick a** in the future because they get to gel and learn from the experience guys in the team. 3. These signings provides more options to the manager.

But since these are Chelsea signing, guess they are nothing but overrated!

Last season we didnt sign enough players to enter into transition, we were said that we lack ambitious. Now these season we have signed young Potential players (probably stars of the future which is subjected to performances), so now people say players are overrated. Guess as the wise men says, it is difficult to please everyone.

on not contradicting myself. I said I think the team is overrated on paper. I'm mot judging them from what I see when they actually play.

We haven't bought any footballers already at their peak. We've bought players on the left side of the football career Bell Curve, and most of the rest of the squad are on the right of centre on the Bell Curve, so we will have inconsistency often for a few years to come until the younger players all peak at the same time.

When they do though, it will be amazing. In the meantime we just have to stay patient.

Some people here are wanting to buy a whole new team in one window. For now we're sorting out out Attacking Midfielders, Wingers and presumably RB. Our double pivots, Striker situation (assuming Torres doesn't fire) and possibly CB situation will be adressed over the next 2-3 windows.