Our Squad is overrated

I've been hearing so much about how great our transfers have been this summer. although I like the youngsters we've signed, for the season upcoming, they are no better than last year's squad.

Marin - Not as good as Danny. He struggled in Germany but some around here act like he's supposed to turn into Jesus Navas - a speedy winger that beats his man and gets a cross in -

KDB - another name that's supposed to be helping alot. He's not ready for Chelsea yet. Nowhere near what Kalou did, or what Malouda can do. Yet because he's young and a new signing, we instantly consider him better than what we already have,(or at least a replacement)

Oscar - He's young and might take time to get used to Chelsea. We don't even know where to play him

Our midfield is nowhere near as good as our opponents'(Manchesters)

Our coaching staff has not convinced me yet either. we finished 6th last year and won cup games parking the bus most of the time last year. We certainly have the most unproven staff in compared to the Manchester clubs.

Marin - Danny hasn't gone anywhere, Marin isn't his replacement, he's an addition, so I don't see why you even mention that he isn't as good sa Studge in your opinion. He's more of a replacement to Kalou. If he's better than Kalou or not is for you to decide, but I think he will turn out to be.

Kevin - Not sure, I won't judge him on 2 pre-season games (didn't see the last game yet). But as far as visible talent goes, I can see a bright future for him, filled with less frustration than Malouda's or Kalou's.

Oscar - Won't argue, I won't lie that I haven't seen him play at all. But as far as we not knowing where to play him, I wouldn't worry about that, we don't have to know, the coaching staff have to know and I'm pretty sure they will figure it out.

You conveniently left out Hazard from that list. Does he deserve some critique as well?

Our midfield is nowhere near as good as our opponents'(Manchesters) - "Nowhere near as good" is a bit of a stretch. We're pretty equal imo in that department, it remains to be seen how our double pivot shapes and keeps up. And midfield isn't the only position on the field, you can argue that we have better defence than either and that our attack is at least as potent as United's.

Our coaching staff has not convinced me yet either. we finished 6th last year and won cup games parking the bus most of the time last year. We certainly have the most unproven staff in compared to the Manchester clubs. - There aren't many managers you can compare to Ferguson in terms of experience or whatnot, so naturally we will fall short in that department. But Mancini is a different story, has he convinced you at all? He has Agüero to thank for saving his reputation in the last minute. He has constant fallouts with his players, makes knee-jerk decisions and can't keep his word.

We have 2 true blues at the helm, one thing we can be sure not to lack, is that their hearts are at the right place. Besides, our current coaching staff are holding European champions and FA Cup winners. Yes, they did what they had to do to succeed in Europe given the circumstances, that's encouraging more than anything... far better than stubbornly playing openly just for the fuck of it. And we didn't park the bus in FA Cup, what are you on about? Chelsea 5 Sperms 1.

And to top my shit post off, I would just like to add that we have more than a month left in the transfer window. Our team could still be strengthened, so it's too early to start making definite conclusions.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

'Chelsea?' just ignore some of the idiots who will try and laugh at your post to get a few daft likes and shit, Hutcho for example. You have to get used to that so just ignore them.

You do hold a point, the squad is overrated. And if we don't get this double pivot thing sorted we could be in BIG trouble.

we have one bad game and everyone starts changing their tune, one minute their messi like, the next they are all garbage. you can't tell anyone is overrated after each playing around 120 mins of play time.

it would also seem that most other people agree with me yet i/we are the idiots? ok.

The more and more successful we are the more people expect of the team. When we fall short people moan about the squad and want a lot of money spent. Abramovich has spent £63m this Summer alone and we still have people whining saying how we need Cavani and Hulk etc. There are some supporters who expect our team to be a mixture of Barca, Real, Bayern and AC Milan and are never content with what we have.

This squad is miles better than what we had in 2009/10 when we won the double so there is no reason why we can't win at least 1 trophy this season with the current squad.

I think we're damn lucky to have this squad, it's not exactly good enough to win the UCL yet; but of course it's early days. We still have to gel together. Think of this year as our transition year; the one that's actually GOING TO HAPPEN. :D Also this is pretty much our team for this season... Notice I added Craig Gordon 'cuz I think he NEEDS to sign for us... also the removal of Hilarious shit & Turnbullshit, as they're useless fucktards (no offence to fucktards :P)

Torres

Hazard - Mata - Marin

Lamps - Mikel

Cole - Cahill - Terry - Ivanovic

Subs:

Gordon

Bertrand

Luiz

Hutchinson

Romeu

De Bruyne

Oscar

Lukaku

This forum has gone to pot.

And yes, before anybody says it, why don't I just leave and not say anything etc...

Good post. i hate the spoiled attitude sometimes.

What I hate even more is when people complain but don't do anything to solve their problem.

Damn, we didn't even get through one league game yet...and people are shitting themselves.

Exactly. We beat Seattle Sounders, drew against PSG and then lost against MLS all stars. Not that bad. 1-1-1. And we have new signings, still gelling together; with a new manager too. The two american sides are much more fitter than we are right now. Keep in mind we haven't played the Splended Spaniards yet... y'know; THERE'S ONLY JUAN MATA & EL NEENO.

What I hate even more is when people complain but don't do anything to solve their problem.

I hate it more when people complain about people complaining about people complaing about the team.

so u expecting our new-looked squad to play like Barca? calm down. Marin only cost 7mil. Oscar not even play yet. KDB on one mediocre performance?

such a gloryhunter

how is thinking Chelsea is overrated being a gloryhunter?

Haha why am I not surprised by such thoughts. Many actually think a buying a few talented young players means we magically turn into a top team. Whether you like it or not, it will take time to become a strong team. We deservedly finished sixth in the league last season.