PSG Vs Chelsea

James

The first half reminded me of the sh*t we endured under AVB, no creativity and playing the ball back and forth between the defenders, like against Everton away for example, though things improved in the second half and I liked how lively Malouda was. People should not be panicking ffs, this was a pre-season friendly against a very good opponent, esp. in the first half, and we really don't need much improvements other than the ones we're already chasing, i.e. Oscar, Azpi and Hulk.

what really winds me up is when we get a free kick in their half ,, take it short and 15 passes later it is STIIL IN OUR half ,,,

happened again last night ... oh we ended up losing it on the half way line

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first half reminded me of the sh*t we endured under AVB, no creativity and playing the ball back and forth between the defenders, like against Everton away for example, though things improved in the second half and I liked how lively Malouda was

Not surprised at all tbh, look at the team we were playing. It was worse than the team under AVB and the players obviously had no understanding between each other, but it was expected. We can't expect much with Ferreira at LB and Kakuta, the last one has really disappointed in the 2 games, I can see why he's been ignored by the first team. If we play like that consistently with Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Ramires, Torres and Cole, then we can panic... but I doubt we will.

Malouda's liveliness can be explained by him wanting a new contract or trying to impress the clubs scouting him. It's a typical pattern for him. But in that particular game he was one of the best in 2nd half, true. Marin, Cole, Malouda and Ramires improved our game massively, which is a good sign, because we still weren't playing full strength and highlighted that the team in 1st half was just worse.

How is that a fact?

Uhm, because he is garbage?.

I don't understand, if that is the way you feel about Essien, why do you have him as your avatar?

Because i appreciate the legend he was, at the moment though he is poor and we need to sell him.

What do you think about Lukaku.The first match was great for him 2 goals but in the second match He was quite lazy and bad skills.I hope He will be great player for us but He should be go to loan(1 year) where He will play much more.Just my opinion.HE MUST PLAY!!!

Was interesting to see Josh McEachran against better opposition, allbeit for a short amount of time.

He is the same age as Marco Verratti and Verratti is lightyears ahead of him at this stage in his career. He ran the show all night for PSG, classy player for a bargain price.

i`m cool as a cucumber because it`s the 2nd game of pre-season. no big deal. it`s just a tour to get match sharp and to give the fans in North America a chance to support the club as best they can when they live so far from the Bridge.

atleast 3 more games till they kick off in the Prem. where results and performances matter.

That doesn't excuse the qualms, his first touch etc, that comes down to natural ability.

It does. Did you even watch him in Anderlecht? Just watch a highlights-video and you can clearly see he is more comfortable with the ball. The only explanation is (and it isnt a strange or wierd one) that he hardly played anything since he joined. He needs some quality playtime. Claiming he lacks "natural ability" with his first touch etc is just stuipid

Oh dear! You do realize I'm not saying its wrong to be playing sideways passes! The problem I have with josh is that he has the ability to play forward and more risky passes but he chooses to play sideways and backwards 3 yard passes! Why because he is scared to make a mistake and ultimately doesn't make him a very useful player! And will only hurt his development.

You're into something here. I believe Josh is of course capable of much more but he's now scared to f**k it up like the other night so he's trying to keep it as simple as posible. Maybe RDM had a word with him too. Either way I believe we should be patient with him as he's still very young and mistakes are going to abound. No need to put too much pressure into him.

I think some people are overrating Verrati's performance last night, he showed some flashes of brilliance on the night but certainly didn't boss the second half. Chelsea's approach to the game changed in the second half, the front players Piazon, Ramires and Marin, were pressing the ball high up the field, which meant we recovered the ball faster and hence had more possession in the second half.

I thought Mceachran did quite well when he came on, he offered himself up for the pass every time and kept things simple, he also played the forwards through a couple of times. I also remember him recovering the ball from Houraou the PSG centre forward, who gave Mceachran a cynical kick for his troubles. Chelsea bossed the midfield with Mceachran and Essien as the double pivot.

The trio on the left (Cole, Malouda and Marin) probably had the most impact in the match, the introduction of Cole, saw a much purposeful leftback overlap, which was quite contrasting to what Ferreira was offering at left back. Malouda and Marin were very tricky and caused the PSG backline a lot of problems.

while it must be noted that this is still pre-season, the lack of tactics is a genuine concern. di matteo has settled in with this 4-2-3-1 system but he has not kept a plan B in place. We may have powered our way around Seattle but a Plan B is absolutely necessary in a long season. We are just not creating enough penetration in the opposition half. Players are gettin isolated and eventually lose the ball and for that I blame the defensive double pivot.

The double pivot is way too deep and that affects the whole dynamics of the game. We are 2 men short in attack and asking the double pivot to pick out the 3-4 men ahead of them with about 4 defenders and 2-3 defensive mids patrolling the midfield is preposterous. the 2 DM's should play further up the pitch giving us a dynamic edge to our attack - similar to ManCity where Yaya Toure goes forward and Gareth Barry/Nigel de Jong stay back. Many of our attacks withered away as we enter the PSG half i.e the transition to attack is just not happening consistently.

and also at one point we had Essien and Mikel in midfield :doh:

In previous years, we used to execute sweeping attacks and destroy opposition. Back then we used to play 1 Defensive mid - Essien or Mikel and Lampard at CAM giving us more players in attack and hence more options to seek.

while it must be noted that this is still pre-season, the lack of tactics is a genuine concern. di matteo has settled in with this 4-2-3-1 system but he has not kept a plan B in place. We may have powered our way around Seattle but a Plan B is absolutely necessary in a long season. We are just not creating enough penetration in the opposition half. Players are gettin isolated and eventually lose the ball and for that I blame the defensive double pivot.

The double pivot is way too deep and that affects the whole dynamics of the game. We are 2 men short in attack and asking the double pivot to pick out the 3-4 men ahead of them with about 4 defenders and 2-3 defensive mids patrolling the midfield is preposterous. the 2 DM's should play further up the pitch giving us a dynamic edge to our attack - similar to ManCity where Yaya Toure goes forward and Gareth Barry/Nigel de Jong stay back. Many of our attacks withered away as we enter the PSG half i.e the transition to attack is just not happening consistently.

In previous years, we used to execute sweeping attacks and destroy opposition. Back then we used to play 1 Defensive mid - Essien or Mikel and Lampard at CAM giving us more players in attack and hence more options to seek.

They played well, certainly better than Lampard-Mikel yesterday.

Lampard wasn't his usual self (lack of sharpness, to be expected)

And in the 1st half Mikel couldn't be bothered to put in a shift, but in the second half once we made our subs we controlled most the game, and Mikel-Essien together played pretty well.

They played well, certainly better than Lampard-Mikel yesterday.

Lampard wasn't his usual self (lack of sharpness, to be expected)

And in the 1st half Mikel couldn't be bothered to put in a shift, but in the second half once we made our subs we controlled most the game, and Mikel-Essien together played pretty well.

yes but i would prefer a midfield of Oscar and Mikel simply because of the creativity he adds through midfield. what we lose in combativity(or combativeness?), we gain in creativity

It's a well noted problem, and I believe it is why Chelsea is paying big bucks for Oscar, to eventually take over that role next season.

Guess it adds up if Lampard does decides to come to the MLS next season. One season for Oscar to get use to the new team, foreshadowing Lampard.