PSG Vs Chelsea

James

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah with todd kane... Hopefully torres is back, would love to see him linking up with marin and hazard. Shame mata is not here with them.

Yeah i wish Mata wasn't at Olympics. Torres will join the team today and should play against Milan on Saturday.

Good game last night,i loved the fact our young players impressed.Chalobah was immense i swear he could start already at the age of just 17,what an amazing young player.I was most impressed with Marin,he is very fast and a very clever player he will gives us shit loads of assists.Only thing he does wrong is that he tries too much by himself.Piazon was also very good and i am glad he got a goal,if we keep the youngsters in our first team with a mixture with the old guard we will create a team for the future that will probably be dominant for years to come.Our ''aging squad'' is far from old now with all the kids around and it feels very refreshing.We don't need to buy more players we have all we need in this squad,i will just be worried if Lukaku does leave on loan to Fulham as we will just be left with Torres and a clearly unhappy Sturridge.We shall see how things work out but so far so good.

C'mon you mighty Blues!

Ok, I'm being paranoid here but it would be totally silly to read too much into this somewhat unconvincing performance against PSG, right? :doh: We improved in the second half but PSG's starting XI were much weaker than in the first.

Ok, I'm being paranoid here but it would be totally silly to read too much into this somewhat unconvincing performance against PSG, right? :doh: We improved in the second half but PSG's starting XI were much weaker than in the first.

PSG's first half team was better than ours - That was pretty much close to their full team with the exception of Menez, Ibra and Silva.

In the 2nd half better players came on for us (Terry, Cole, Marin, Piazon, Essien)

chelsea website says torres will be back for weekend game though he will join up with the squad on monday, he may be able to play some part. JT only had one day of training yet played.

" Fernando Torres's break following Euro 2012 and Daniel Sturridge's Olympic involvement. Torres will rejoin the squad on Monday in Philadelphia and may play in Miami at the weekend."

Really haha! First of all let's clear one thing up, first half we had a weaker team out and PSG had a stronger team out 2nd half we had a stronger team out and PSG had a much weaker team that is the main reason why we dominated the 2nd half not because of your reason of we were more composed on the ball ect! What a load of rubbish! We were chasing the game in the 2nd half and were trying to keep playing forward (except for Josh who just played sideways and backwards) and PSG had something to defend so it was easy for us to dominate them as they had no outlet and no one to hold the ball up! Like us in the 1st half!

Essein came on and started playing the ball forward and out to the wingers! Ashley was getting forward and linking up with Malouda! Marin was drifting around and creating! Ramires was causing them problems and Piazon was making runs and linking up with the midfielders and josh was doing his simple passes sideways and backwards,

So please don't try and make out that we dominated the 2nd half because everyone played like Mceachran composed and simple passes! When in actual fact we were trying to pass the ball quicker and get forward quicker! Something which Mikel and Hazard was trying to do in the 1st half but didn't have enough quality around them for it to work!

At the end of the day for Josh to succeed he needs to watch the likes of Busquets, Mikel, Carrick, Lampard, Y.Toure and Pirlo and see the type of passes they make from deep! He needs to stop always going for the easy option and try to make more positive forward passes! The DM role has changed now and to succeed in that role you have to be able to pull the strings from deep by feeding the ball into the forward players so they can receive the ball early and in space which would give the likes of Hazard, Marin and Mata time to turn and create chances! With Josh playing behind them they are not going to get them sort of passes off of him!

You are clearly arguing just for the sake of arguing, I am right now re-watching the match and none of what you said above is true.

First, what is so amusing about what I said? Your lack of manners does very little to make your post credible. This attempt to belittle my opinion is a clear sign that you lack the ability to discuss and thus resort to such petty things.

Onto the actual game, how was our first half squad weaker? We had half the team that won us the trophies last season and the likes of Hazard who is a guaranteed starter..etc

No matter how much you say otherwise, RDM changed tactics the team started keeping possession in the middle. The back four kept on passing the ball between themselves and the double pivot till one of them found one of the front four in space unlike the first half when we resorted more to long balls or quick passes forward which often always ended in us loosing the ball. Funny thing, I did not notice this yesterday, I'm 20 mins into the second half now, and Essien played exactly 2 forward passes and over a dozen side or backward pass till now. You can't change that no matter how many exclamation mark you use(!)

In the first half, none of PSG's chances came from build up play from the back but from counter attack when we lost the ball in the middle. In the second half we played safer passes, lost the ball less in the middle thus limiting their chances. The change in lineups of course mattered but so did the change in tactics.

And finally, out of the names you mentioned, Mikel has always been a side way passer, why? Because he is one of the best DMs in the EPL. Lampard has always played a different position. Toure very rarely creates, he uses his strength to boss the midfield like Essien used to do a couple of years back. As for Pirlo, if Josh had his passing accuracy and vision at this age, he would have people worshiping him as a footballing God. Even Pirlo, when he was younger, played as much side way passes as Josh does today.

On the other hand, you seem to have completely disregarded the likes of Xavi and co who has been labeled the best in the world for his ability to play intelligent and accurate side way passes.

That doesn't excuse the qualms, his first touch etc, that comes down to natural ability.

That actually excuses lot of things, he's been almost completly out of the proces for an year an suddenly he is playing again defence of PSG and they have very good defence. I do not get complains about his first touch, his first touch was bad even in Anderlecht and our board must have knew it.

I also never got the comparision between him and Drogba. Drogba is kind of player 'give me the ball and I do something' on the other hand Lukaku is more like Berbatov, he just score goals, it allways somehow megicaly bounces of him to the back of net. That is the reason why I do not get our 'wish Cavani', he is very similiar player. Not forward but striker.

All I am saying is do not be to hars on him. Loan him to some premiership side and we'll see.

You are clearly arguing just for the sake of arguing, I am right now re-watching the match and none of what you said above is true.

First, what is so amusing about what I said? Your lack of manners does very little to make your post credible. This attempt to belittle my opinion is a clear sign that you lack the ability to discuss and thus resort to such petty things.

Onto the actual game, how was our first half squad weaker? We had half the team that won us the trophies last season and the likes of Hazard who is a guaranteed starter..etc

No matter how much you say otherwise, RDM changed tactics the team started keeping possession in the middle. The back four kept on passing the ball between themselves and the double pivot till one of them found one of the front four in space unlike the first half when we resorted more to long balls or quick passes forward which often always ended in us loosing the ball. Funny thing, I did not notice this yesterday, I'm 20 mins into the second half now, and Essien played exactly 2 forward passes and over a dozen side or backward pass till now. You can't change that no matter how many exclamation mark you use(!)

In the first half, none of PSG's chances came from build up play from the back but from counter attack when we lost the ball in the middle. In the second half we played safer passes, lost the ball less in the middle thus limiting their chances. The change in lineups of course mattered but so did the change in tactics.

And finally, out of the names you mentioned, Mikel has always been a side way passer, why? Because he is one of the best DMs in the EPL. Lampard has always played a different position. Toure very rarely creates, he uses his strength to boss the midfield like Essien used to do a couple of years back. As for Pirlo, if Josh had his passing accuracy and vision at this age, he would have people worshiping him as a footballing God. Even Pirlo, when he was younger, played as much side way passes as Josh does today.

On the other hand, you seem to have completely disregarded the likes of Xavi and co who has been labeled the best in the world for his ability to play intelligent and accurate side way passes.

Oh dear! You do realize I'm not saying its wrong to be playing sideways passes! The problem I have with josh is that he has the ability to play forward and more risky passes but he chooses to play sideways and backwards 3 yard passes! Why because he is scared to make a mistake and ultimately doesn't make him a very useful player! And will only hurt his development.

And as for Mikel of course he has always been a sideways passer why do think he has frustrated Chelsea fans for so many years! But he has started to adapt his game to play more forward passes! As for Toure if you think he 'rarely creates' you obviously don't watch him play much! And who on earth said anything about Mceachran having Pirlo's vision and passing accuracy! I don't know why your bringing that up! And as for Xavi lol!!! He isn't know as one of the best midfielders in the world because of his 'ability to play intelligent and accurate side way passes.' I can assure you of that!

Mceachran has a long long way to go and the quicker he starts to look forward when he receives the ball rather then backwards and sideways the better he will become!

I have one question for you will you be happy for Mceahran to spend his whole career playing the safe backwards and 3 yard sideways passes and end up being like another Scott Parker, Joe Allen, Joey Barton or Gareth Barry type player? Or would you like to see him dictate play from a deeper position with more risky and positive forward passes and become more like a Busquets, Modric, Alonso or Pirlo type player?

Because the way things are going he is looking like he could be another Gareth Barry! Which just isn't good enough!

Can't believe how fickle some fans are. It is almost embarrassing. Lukaku scores 2 goals and he is suddenly the bees knees and people say he should play more often and we should not loan him then he is not quite as good against PSG (a far better team) and suddenly people are on his back saying we should loan him ASAP and buy a world class striker. We have spent in excess of £50m already but our fans are so spoilt still asking for Cavani (oh hes only £35m please Roman) after Lukaku plays badly once. I'm not suggesting that Lukaku should start every game but he deserves a chance once in a while because he has great potential. Do you really expect his first touch to be perfect and him scoring 3 goals every game when he never gets a chance? He only turned 19 two months ago so he is probably not completely developed mentally yet. Hormones can affect your balance and control at that age which is natural in everybody.

The first half reminded me of the sh*t we endured under AVB, no creativity and playing the ball back and forth between the defenders, like against Everton away for example, though things improved in the second half and I liked how lively Malouda was. People should not be panicking ffs, this was a pre-season friendly against a very good opponent, esp. in the first half, and we really don't need much improvements other than the ones we're already chasing, i.e. Oscar, Azpi and Hulk.

Managed to watched the game awhile ago. One thing that I didn't quite like is how our FBs were getting forward all the time. When we lost the ball, the FBs then look to press the player on the ball but hardly with any success. Then 1-2 quick passing into behind the FBs and the PSG players suddenly have a clear and free space to run into. Some of the pressing in other areas of the pitch were pretty bad as we looked disorganized and disjointed. At times, it was just so easy for PSG to play through us with our non-existent/half-hearted pressing.

PSG's first half team was better than ours - That was pretty much close to their full team with the exception of Menez, Ibra and Silva.

In the 2nd half better players came on for us (Terry, Cole, Marin, Piazon, Essien)

So in other words, you're saying yes!