PSG Vs Chelsea

James

If you just watched the game then you cannot be serious. Essien was class when he came on, made a huge difference int he midfield and showed Mikel how the holding midfielder role is really played. If he can play like that in half the games in this up and coming season i will be very, very happy. No way should we sell Essien.

Don't be an idiot, i love Essien but i know he won't do that again. He's past it and we should let him go. One good performance is not worth the risk at all. Remember he was good when he first came back from injury. Then when we beat Napoli 4-1, that's when he started to play shit.

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you just watched the game then you cannot be serious. Essien was class when he came on, made a huge difference int he midfield and showed Mikel how the holding midfielder role is really played. If he can play like that in half the games in this up and coming season i will be very, very happy. No way should we sell Essien.

He made a couple of decent runs and passes, but also lost the ball a couple of times and made some sloppy passes. An average performance.

So yes we should still sell Essien before he gets another 6 month injury.

i was looking forward to being able to chat with you guys during the game as i don`t get the chance during the season (gotta boost my post count somehow.. :D ) but it froze the firstrow on my `puter.

sloppy in the 1st half much better in the 2nd.

Marin again amongst the most impressive . i like his drive. he never seems to stop looking for space to run into and takes unpredictable angles. he may be a pint sized wingman but he` s happy to move inside and take on the big boys. in that aspect of his game there`s shades of Zola.

neither side looked like they`ve taken corners recently. nice move for the goal from Piazon.played well when he came on.

The only thing similar in both players is strength and the colour of their skin. Nothing more.

Lukaku said in the facebook chat on CTV, that Didier Drogba is very much of his role model as he himself reckoned how similar their playign styles were. Of course its a huge legacy and theres probably no way Lukaku will come near Drogba but hey, where was Drogba when he was 19? Lukaku is a great physical specimen with power and pace and enough time to work on his weaknesses. Its far too early to write him off already

Don't be an idiot, i love Essien but i know he won't do that again. He's past it and we should let him go. One good performance is not worth the risk at all. Remember he was good when he first came back from injury. Then when we beat Napoli 4-1, that's when he started to play shit.

Don't be an idiot? Essien was the best midfielder along with Marin when he came on today! Are you calling me an idiot because i would like Essien to stay? If your going to base your argument on why we should sell Essien with that kinda crap then we might as well sell all the players currently at Chelsea who under performed last season. He has had to deal with some serious injuries and if he can stay away from injury and get back to full fitness, he will be the beast he once was for us or have you forgotten all of what Essien has done in his years at Chelsea? Essien is an essential player in the squad for experience alone. You think Romeu or Mikel is better? Surely not you Sloth the one who moans about every fucking player in our squad! Get real.

Lukaku is more like Heskey, even in the appearence, than Drogba.

I couldn't agree more. Though as much as it pains me to say this I think Heskey can play better football! lol

Marin again amongst the most impressive . i like his drive. he never seems to stop looking for space to run into and takes unpredictable angles. he may be a pint sized wingman but he` s happy to move inside and take on the big boys. in that aspect of his game there`s shades of Zola.

yes but i think this comparison is a bit off. Marin's play is based on his dribbling, turning ability and acceleration. For Zola this acceleration was only as much as he needed (even though he was in his mid30ies he was much faster than Mata is with 24) for his game. Zola lived for the surprise, the extraordinary. He was a scorer, a scorer of chipped, curled or backheeled efforts. You seldom see Marin score. he is more of a "solid" dribbler but no one as creative and brillant as Zola. Additionally Zola was a rather a striker, Marin is rather a winger.

Yep. And FIFA's actually slower than real football, too, which makes things even worse. It's actually a lot more playable with Pro angle and Fast tempo, but I'm hoping they'll fix this thing in the near future.

Anyway, I think the low angle is also characteristic of small leagues. They probably can't afford anything fancier than just a single camera somewhere in the main stand. You know, just panning left and right. Ugh.

Oh yea it's definitely realistic and the only reason they do this. Pro angle is just shocking in my opinion, I only use tele. Do you play clubs?

Lukaku said in the facebook chat on CTV, that Didier Drogba is very much of his role model as he himself reckoned how similar their playign styles were. Of course its a huge legacy and theres probably no way Lukaku will come near Drogba but hey, where was Drogba when he was 19? Lukaku is a great physical specimen with power and pace and enough time to work on his weaknesses. Its far too early to write him off already

Not writing him off, but he sure has a lot of work to do before he can ever be a number one striker for Chelsea.

Don't be an idiot? Essien was the best midfielder along with Marin when he came on today! Are you calling me an idiot because i would like Essien to stay? If your going to base your argument on why we should sell Essien with that kinda crap then we might as well sell all the players currently at Chelsea who under performed last season. He has had to deal with some serious injuries and if he can stay away from injury and get back to full fitness, he will be the beast he once was for us or have you forgotten all of what Essien has done in his years at Chelsea? Essien is an essential player in the squad for experience alone. You think Romeu or Mikel is better? Surely not you Sloth the one who moans about every fucking player in our squad! Get real.

Are you serious?, are you actually serious?.

Someone who contradicts themselves entirely by saying i cannot base my knowledge on 6 months of last season but you can in a 45 minute friendly against a young midfield on Essien?. The funny thing is you act as if Essien had the best game ever, he didn't. He was solid nothing more, and he's past it, it's a fact.

I remember Man City and Napoli games where he couldn't even run, we should sell him and get a better replacement. Mikel is better than Essien currently, and Mikel is garbage, Romeu was outstanding last season when he played, AVB went and he never played again. Time to give him a chance, because he has potential.

I don't hate every player in the squad, i hate the shit ones like John Obi Mikel. I love Essien, he's my favourite player in a Chelsea shirt, doesn't give me the right to be in denial though, he's a bad player now, and past it. What's the point in paying his wages keeping him in our squad when all he's going to do is come on and fuck up?, he can't even run a full game.

Are you serious?, are you actually serious?.

Someone who contradicts themselves entirely by saying i cannot base my knowledge on 6 months of last season but you can in a 45 minute friendly against a young midfield on Essien?. The funny thing is you act as if Essien had the best game ever, he didn't. He was solid nothing more, and he's past it, it's a fact.

I remember Man City and Napoli games where he couldn't even run, we should sell him and get a better replacement. Mikel is better than Essien currently, and Mikel is garbage, Romeu was outstanding last season when he played, AVB went and he never played again. Time to give him a chance, because he has potential.

I don't hate every player in the squad, i hate the shit ones like John Obi Mikel. I love Essien, he's my favourite player in a Chelsea shirt, doesn't give me the right to be in denial though, he's a bad player now, and past it. What's the point in paying his wages keeping him in our squad when all he's going to do is come on and fuck up?, he can't even run a full game.

I read the first line of this reply and i stopped. When did I base my 'knowledge' of Essien on the game with PSG???? What the ...! I'm basing my knowledge on Essien since becoming a Chelsea player and from that i think he is still worth holding on to. I didn't say he had the best game ever at all.. Check all my previous posts and you will not find anything of the kind having been said. So now your making crap up to try and belittle me which isn't very constructive is it! All I'm saying is I think it would be a mistake to sell him seeing as he can run just as much as Frank, is a better ball winner than Mikel and has more experience than Romeu. Just my opinion!

I read the first line of this reply and i stopped. When did I base my 'knowledge' of Essien on the game with PSG???? What the ...! I'm basing my knowledge on Essien since becoming a Chelsea player and from that i think he is still worth holding on to. I didn't say he had the best game ever at all.. Check all my previous posts and you will not find anything of the kind having been said. So now your making crap up to try and belittle me which isn't very constructive is it! All I'm saying is I think it would be a mistake to sell him seeing as he can run just as much as Frank, is a better ball winner than Mikel and has more experience than Romeu. Just my opinion!

I read the first line and stopped excuse is it?, fair play. Not like you could win the arguement anyway, because it's a well known fact Essien couldn't have a good season with us.

I read the first line and stopped excuse is it?, fair play. Not like you could win the arguement anyway, because it's a well known fact Essien couldn't have a good season with us.

Win the argument?? Your such a child and pretty embarrassing posting shit like that. All i ever see you post is childish negativity about every player who does something wrong on the pitch. Just another spoiled kid who throws his dummy out the pram when someone has a bad period for us.