PSG Vs Chelsea

James

It's a well noted problem, and I believe it is why Chelsea is paying big bucks for Oscar, to eventually take over that role next season.

Guess it adds up if Lampard does decides to come to the MLS next season. One season for Oscar to get use to the new team, foreshadowing Lampard.

Yes i can see him going to the MLS next year, he was asked yesterday and he said he will play out his year at Chelsea and then see what happens, or something along those lines.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/lampard-coy-mls-switch-152442885.html

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again, GREAT argument. Jesus Christ, grow the fuck up.

I've already made my argument, I'm not going to say it all again when it takes about half an hour on iPhone. Go back a few pages, grow up?, you must think you're better than everyone else,.

while it must be noted that this is still pre-season, the lack of tactics is a genuine concern. di matteo has settled in with this 4-2-3-1 system but he has not kept a plan B in place. We may have powered our way around Seattle but a Plan B is absolutely necessary in a long season. We are just not creating enough penetration in the opposition half. Players are gettin isolated and eventually lose the ball and for that I blame the defensive double pivot.

The double pivot is way too deep and that affects the whole dynamics of the game. We are 2 men short in attack and asking the double pivot to pick out the 3-4 men ahead of them with about 4 defenders and 2-3 defensive mids patrolling the midfield is preposterous. the 2 DM's should play further up the pitch giving us a dynamic edge to our attack - similar to ManCity where Yaya Toure goes forward and Gareth Barry/Nigel de Jong stay back. Many of our attacks withered away as we enter the PSG half i.e the transition to attack is just not happening consistently.

and also at one point we had Essien and Mikel in midfield :doh:

In previous years, we used to execute sweeping attacks and destroy opposition. Back then we used to play 1 Defensive mid - Essien or Mikel and Lampard at CAM giving us more players in attack and hence more options to seek.

RDM did mention this regarding the formation after the game..

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/Tour_News/0,,10268~2857444,00.html

One consistency in Di Matteo's selections on tour so far has been Eden Hazard starting games as the man behind the striker in a 4-2-3-1 shape.

'Hazard is a versatile player and he can play on the wing and he can play in the middle and that is where we are using him, but it depends on the options we have because once everyone is back we will have more of those.

'This formation is a shape that we used at the end of last season and it has served us well. We are trying two shapes in practice as well to be ready for all eventualities, and it will also depends on the players we will have available.

The other shape/formation is probably our good ol' friend, 4-3-3.