Daniel Sturridge

the wes

I agree... we already discussed this a week or so ago and I expressed my views and I still stand by them. If these reports are true, I can understand his frustrations at not being played as a striker but he needs to learn to get on with it. He has done nothing in his career yet. He has only had 12 months of regular football. And he's already unhappy?! Jeez!

If danny doesn't want to stay with the team if we don't reach CL next season he should fuck off even if we do finish in 4th place!

Please excuse my attitude, but this kind egoistic mentality is unacceptable, imo, from a player who is hardly established in english football. To think that Del Piero stayed with Juve when they got relegated to the second division...

What do you expect when you "buy the ttitle"?

Most of these players are mercenary.

People like Del Piero are in the mold of Terry, Zola. In todays generation it would be Lukaku. Lukaku might not be as skill as Sturridge, but I am sure he will give it his best like Terry does cause they love the club a lot. Big fans.

http://www.thesun.co...-quit-fear.html

looks like danny ain't happy...can see his point of not being tried up top instead of flop factory torres

I put up a comment on their website asking them who exactly this "pal" of Sturridge was, and it got deleted within seconds of posting

Okay,we all know that Torres has been trying really hard and wants to score but just can't manage to score.Now its time we give Danny a chance to play center forward and Kalou to at least start as a right winger because IMO he will be better than Torres as a right winger.We've been really patient with Torres and its just not going to happen,we are fans of Chelsea football club and must hope for the best of the club first and then our players.

I don't remember which game, I believe we tried Danny as cf before. He was awful.

With one striker up top,that player has to be able to hold the ball, do link up play. Those are not danny strength, his strength is running into space, very similar to why walcott never play as a striker in arsenal.

I don't remember which game, I believe we tried Danny as cf before. He was awful.

With one striker up top,that player has to be able to hold the ball, do link up play. Those are not danny strength, his strength is running into space, very similar to why walcott never play as a striker in arsenal.

I think it was against Blackburn and I remember he played center forward only for the first half and then was switched to right wing. AVB needs to give him more than 45 minutes to prove himself otherwise I fear he will quit Chelsea and that wouldn't be good for us.

I think it was against Blackburn and I remember he played center forward only for the first half and then was switched to right wing. AVB needs to give him more than 45 minutes to prove himself otherwise I fear he will quit Chelsea and that wouldn't be good for us.

ah yes he was switched to right wing in the 2nd half, because he was ineffective in the 1st half.

like I said danny strength is in his speed and there is no space to run into in the center, he is better of playing as a winger and but he need learn to cross and pass the ball better.

I totally remember when the signing from Man City happened. I was thinking WTF, but now it looks like a good bit of business. This season he has been our #1 Scoring Striker. Imagine if we didn't have Danny Boy in our Line-up??? I don't want to even think of the horrors.

Is is just me or is Drogba a very big part of Danny's success so far? It seems like Danny really has to have a second striker on the pitch to be really good. Kind of a physical presence in the box that the two opponent's CBs focus on, so he can make his way into the box to be right there where the passes and crosses are played. Can see him and Lukaku doing well together, both just need to mature.

Indeed. His performances have been much better with Big D on the pitch.

Good goal today, instinctive movement and good finishing.

I totally remember when the signing from Man City happened. I was thinking WTF, but now it looks like a good bit of business. This season he has been our #1 Scoring Striker. Imagine if we didn't have Danny Boy mata in our Line-up??? I don't want to even think of the horrors.

:ph34r:

Another great cross by Ivanovic, but Daniel's header was brillent... was happy to see he can do that so well.

I realy want him to play as a striker already... i think he's doing well on the right- he's our best player along with Mata, but i cant wait to see

him playing in the front with more pacy players around him... including Mata off course. I think Sturridge can be a fantastic striker... he has

what it takes to be one of the best imo.