Daniel Sturridge

the wes

Can I then say, "Malouda was our best player 24 months ago and should never be criticised" or "Essien was our best player 36 months ago and should never be criticised" and accuse all who dispute that of being fake Chelsea fans? He may only be 22, but if he can't get his attitude straight then he's got to go.

Regardless of your position on him, you have to agree right now he is in rubbish form and going into such a critical phase of the season he can't play much more.

He played quite well against Villa and has had limited chances under RDM because he favors Ramires for the right winger role.Lets not also the forget the goals he has scored for us THIS season and his performances for Bolton last season.

Can I then say, "Malouda was our best player 24 months ago and should never be criticised" or "Essien was our best player 36 months ago and should never be criticised" and accuse all who dispute that of being fake Chelsea fans? He may only be 22, but if he can't get his attitude straight then he's got to go.

Regardless of your position on him, you have to agree right now he is in rubbish form and going into such a critical phase of the season he can't play much more.

No, don't try to twist words at all. Comparing a players performance from 2-3 seasons ago and saying they shouldn't be criticised is pathetic, your argument is pathetic.

Sturridge has only been poor since around February, NOT for 3 years, thus it is a dip in form not from becoming shit.

I didn't call anyone fake fans, just frankly ridiculous. How can you expect a 22 year old striker to play on the wing week in week out and be a world class winger? He done phenomenal in the first half of the season, but has clearly struggled in the last few months. It doesn't give any fan the right to boo a player off who you all were calling our best player just a few months ago.

That's a thing with a lot of these "fans" on this page, they want instant success and are attracted to names rather than performances. Torres gets his dick sucked for hitting the post and having a poor match and poor season, but Sturridge (who also scored last week) gets absolutely slated just for having a bad game, what justice is that?

Don't give me this Malouda, Essien BS cos that's completely different to this Sturridge situation. I wouldn't blame Sturridge if he decided to leave, he doesn't get half the respect or support he deserves and if he did go you would all be criticising eachother for slating him.

No, don't try to twist words at all. Comparing a players performance from 2-3 seasons ago and saying they shouldn't be criticised is pathetic, your argument is pathetic.

Sturridge has only been poor since around February, NOT for 3 years, thus it is a dip in form not from becoming shit.

I didn't call anyone fake fans, just frankly ridiculous. How can you expect a 22 year old striker to play on the wing week in week out and be a world class winger? He done phenomenal in the first half of the season, but has clearly struggled in the last few months. It doesn't give any fan the right to boo a player off who you all were calling our best player just a few months ago.

That's a thing with a lot of these "fans" on this page, they want instant success and are attracted to names rather than performances. Torres gets his dick sucked for hitting the post and having a poor match and poor season, but Sturridge (who also scored last week) gets absolutely slated just for having a bad game, what justice is that?

Don't give me this Malouda, Essien BS cos that's completely different to this Sturridge situation. I wouldn't blame Sturridge if he decided to leave, he doesn't get half the respect or support he does and if he did go you would all be criticising eachother for slating him.

Don't get me wrong, friend, I would much prefer to see Sturridge in at striker than Torres, but as a winger, no future for him.

Don't give me this Malouda, Essien BS cos that's completely different to this Sturridge situation. I wouldn't blame Sturridge if he decided to leave, he doesn't get half the respect or support he deserves and if he did go you would all be criticising eachother for slating him.

It always has to be connected to Torres. Torres has been playing way better than Sturridge recently.

Any player that isn't playing well gets stick, some people on this site just like to make a big deal out of it, blaming some "fans" and other stupid excuses.

Don't get me wrong, friend, I would much prefer to see Sturridge in at striker than Torres, but as a winger, no future for him.

My argument wasn't on his preferred/better position, we all know it is Centre forward.

It was on the basis of how poor and disgusting some of the "fans" are.

Okay,so Danny is a center forward and yet is forced to play as a winger.Now when he has been doing quite well for us as a winger,he is forced to sit on the bench because the manager favors Ramires and Kalou for the winger roles.When he does play he gets to play only for 60 minutes or so and gets heavily criticized by fans from his own club.

Yeah,I wouldn't blame him if he decides to leave Chelsea in the summer.A move to Arsenal would be a great Fuck You to Chelsea.

It always has to be connected to Torres. Torres has been playing way better than Sturridge recently.

Any player that isn't playing well gets stick, some people on this site just like to make a big deal out of it, blaming some "fans" and other stupid excuses.

No it doesn't. But the fact that Torres played today, and played poor and still got chants whilst Sturridge got boo's puts it in a good place to show the difference.

You say any player that isn't playing well gets stick but I'm sorry you can't say that, Lampard and Torres are still chanted round the Bridge every game no matter what their performances.

All I'm saying is ....

Sturridge scores last week + poor game this week = booed of the field

Torres scores last week + poor game this week = chants around the bridge.

Don't use the "always compared to Torres" thing as a scapegoat if it's true and you can't back your argument up another way.

No it doesn't. But the fact that Torres played today, and played poor and still got chants whilst Sturridge got boo's puts it in a good place to show the difference.

You say any player that isn't playing well gets stick but I'm sorry you can't say that, Lampard and Torres are still chanted round the Bridge every game no matter what their performances.

All I'm saying is ....

Sturridge scores last week + poor game this week = booed of the field

Torres scores last week + poor game this week = chants around the bridge.

Don't use the "always compared to Torres" thing as a scapegoat if it's true and you can't back your argument up another way.

My guess is Sturridge was being booed for his selfishness. He wasn't the only player that didn't play well, but whenever he has a chance to find a teammate he takes a stupid shot, a la Malouda.

They were Torres chants because he pretty much set up the winner, no?

My guess is Sturridge was being booed for his selfishness. He wasn't the only player that didn't play well, but whenever he has a chance to find a teammate he takes a stupid shot, a la Malouda.

They were Torres chants because he pretty much set up the winner, no?

But this is the point I'm making, what do you expect from a CF playing as a winger? He's gonna be selfish, deal with it, he's a striker. Malouda is a winger, he shouldn't be selfish, it makes sense.

Torres chants were far before he hit the post.

But this is the point I'm making, what do you expect from a CF playing as a winger? He's gonna be selfish, deal with it, he's a striker. Malouda is a winger, he shouldn't be selfish, it makes sense.

Torres chants were far before he hit the post.

Him being a striker is not an excuse, Torres gets shifted out to the wing many times and still tries to create for the team.

Even Drogba is not as selfish as Sturridge. Fuck, even Anelka who was a main striker before coming here, was never this selfish.

Torres chants - they were Torres chants when he was warming up and about to come in, and when he hit the post.

Him being a striker is not an excuse, Torres gets shifted out to the wing many times and still tries to create for the team.

Even Drogba is not as selfish as Sturridge. Fuck, even Anelka who was a main striker before coming here, was never this selfish.

Torres chants - they were Torres chants when he was warming up and about to come in, and when he hit the post.

Torres is 27, Drogba is 34, Anelka was in his 30's. They have experience of playing along the front in a lone role in all positions. Sturridge is 22, all he knows is playing as a striker, off the shoulder and shooting. You just can't compare experience.

Goes missing for huge chunks of the game but he was twice today in positions would have provided him a simple tap in had his teammates passed to him.

I'd rather play him as a striker these days than a winger.

Isn't that funny? Like they were trying to show him what it was like to be in their shoes when Sturridge refused to pass and provide a simple tap in.

I once said that Sturridge has very little skill for a winger and that he mainly relies on tricks. I realized how wrong I was during Man City game.

He has skill, he has pace and he is very needed. But what use of that if he puts himself first and doesn't use those skills to make the best for his team. Because he can, unlike most of others, therefore he is responsible even more.

When I look at Malouda I'm not even sure if he can. I blame the board for having him still.

When I Iook at Sturridge I know he can. But he lets his ego and selfishness to endanger his cooperation with teammates and the quality of game at the position he occupies. Even his place in starting XI.

The irony is, if he tried his best he could be our best winger game in game out this season. He had skills but not the will to try. He prefers striker glory over improving himself as a football player at such early stage of his career.

Which is too bad, given there are many top strikers out there but very few wingers.

Torres is 27, Drogba is 34, Anelka was in his 30's. They have experience of playing along the front in a lone role in all positions. Sturridge is 22, all he knows is playing as a striker, off the shoulder and shooting. You just can't compare experience.

Cmon now, do you really have to have experience to know whether or not to pass to an open team-mate?

I reckon not.

Cmon now, do you really have to have experience to know whether or not to pass to an open team-mate?

I reckon not.

It's not that, why to try make things so simplistic? It's about what's expected from you as a striker and what's expected as a winger, changing to adapt to different expectations whilst still playing the gameplay you know best takes a lot of time and experience.

Should pass and had assist + Torres would score a goal and make his mind more calm...But no wonder Torres lacks of goals if such ego is playing on wing...Dissapointed with Danny, he is realy selfish and that would be certain goal for Torres, who needs to score to become more confident.