Seattle Sounders Vs Chelsea

James

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh by the way - I never realised Hazard had so much pace!

I feel he'd be much better on the wing, but unfortunately, I feel Mata will be placed on the wing with Hazard central to keep him happy.

I also believe Mata's a better passer, while Hazard's the better dribbler.

Hopefully RDM does what's right.

Tell me about it! His acceleration is just amazing, especially the first few steps. No wonder why he can dribble pass defenders like slicing butter - EFFORTLESS! What a joy to watch!

Hazard already is looking like he could be my favorite player in the squad. Reminds me of Joe Cole so much its unreal!

Feel asleep and missed the last 10 minutes of the game sadly but it still ended 4-2 and I thought we were good enough for our first game against a team half way through their season!

I felt asleep(also last 10 min) too and first think when I woke up was checking result :D

Going forward on the Counter was our main strength as we should quality that was missing ever since Mourinho left. Hazard, Marin, and Lukaku were exceptional and De Bryune and Piazon showed sheer potential. The defense and midfield was so-so but a new team, new members, and new philosophy, things will get organized eventually. Amazing display for the first game with a new generation lining up. Everyone was out there showing their worth. Now with eventual signings, it's a mystery what the starting 11 will be.

---------Torres----------

Mata-------------Hazard

---Oscar---Ramires---

---------Romeu---------

Would be my choice for a starting 11, with Marin, Lukaku/Sturridge/De Bryune and Lampard coming on.

AND GOD DAMN OUR KITS ARE SEXY

Going forward on the Counter was our main strength as we should quality that was missing ever since Mourinho left. Hazard, Marin, and Lukaku were exceptional and De Bryune and Piazon showed sheer potential. The defense and midfield was so-so but a new team, new members, and new philosophy, things will get organized eventually. Amazing display for the first game with a new generation lining up. Everyone was out there showing their worth. Now with eventual signings, it's a mystery what the starting 11 will be.

Mata-------------Hazard

---Oscar---Ramires---

---------Romeu---------

Would be my choice for a starting 11, with Marin, Lukaku/Sturridge/De Bryune and Lampard coming on.

Mikel instead of Romeu with those players on. His experience, solidness and strenght would be needed I think. Other than that, it looks friggin DEADLY!

Mata-------------Hazard

---Oscar---Ramires---

---------Romeu---------

Yes they are, but your lineup looks a little offensive, esp as Oscar is a number 10 as is Mata.

we should either play 4-2-3-1

-------------Torres------------

Hazard----Mata------NEW RW/Ramires

--------Lamps-Mikel----------------

or 4-3-3

------------Torres------------

Hazard-----------------New RW

---Lamps----------Rami

-------------Mikel-------------

which can also be a Christmas tree with Mata instead of the new RW.

I am completely against using mata as a winger as he drift into CAm all the time so we never use the space on his side. Additionally he is far too slow to operate as a winger in the EPL.The problem is, he is not only generally slow but is slower than an average athlete such as en EPL defender. he might go past them with his skill moves but they will overturn him a sec later. In Germany countless of technically outstanding prospects are snubbed because they simply are not fast enough. Lampard already is slow but has a half-decent pace after 15 yards but he is 10 years older than Mata who has neither acceleration nor is a good runner whilst he is at his natural physical peak. When u are that slow at your peak, how bad will it eventually become? The second and about last weakness is his effectively not existent right food whose only function is preventing him from falling over.

The absence of pace and an available right food are geat handicaps for a winger. AS he can only either go in or outside depending on the side he is used and not really overrun anyone to get him and his teammates space.He might have succesfully compensated that being more of a playmaker as whcih he is excellent at but why not giving him that position directly instead of wasting a position?

I

Oh by the way - I never realised Hazard had so much pace!

I feel he'd be much better on the wing, but unfortunately, I feel Mata will be placed on the wing with Hazard central to keep him happy.

I also believe Mata's a better passer, while Hazard's the better dribbler.

Hopefully RDM does what's right.

took the words right out of my mouth. But in RDM's post game conference, he did say Eden is also able to play on the wing. He also said(paraphrasing) Last year Mata was our only #10 but this year we have options for that position.

Mata seems to find better passes than Eden, when Eden seems more of a goal threat, especially when he takes people on.

Mata also seems to find better space. But its just 1 preseason game.

Just watched the game and enjoyed it! Missed watching Chelsea so much :)

Can't bloody believe it...I was watching Chelsea and saw our players dribble, explode with pace, exchange fast 1-2s, cut inside and shoot...imagine seeing Malouda and Kalou on the wings again? :D

Some defensive mistakes, but fuck that, we have one of the best defenses in the world so nothing to worry about there.

The key point for Robbie to solve is the central midfield at the moment. We haven't looked solid there until Lamps and Essien were brought in and not looking solid there exposes us a lot on counters. If, which I believe we will, sort our the fast transition from midfield to attacking areas we could have a wonderful attacking team opposition will be shitting their pants from. Add to that a dangerous in form striker and you get this week and week out :D

stans-dad.jpg

Hazard is fucking quality. You can just see it, he is class above others. Everything seems to easy and fluid and what I really like about him is that he just keeps running and pushing through.

Marin did really well also and having a player with his pace and dribbling ability will definitely be a massive asset.

Other then them, others did well, some more, some less but in the end, we won, calmed the game in 2nd half and got through without injuries. Glad to see Lukaku score 2 goals also so easily. If he keeps banging them through preseason he could convince Robbie to give him chances in the PL rather then going out on loan.

Exciting times ahead and can't wait to see us play again!

Oh, and the famous picture again for our kits. Whoever designed it deserves the fucking world!

stans-dad.jpg

Just watched the game and enjoyed it! Missed watching Chelsea so much :)

Can't bloody believe it...I was watching Chelsea and saw our players dribble, explode with pace, exchange fast 1-2s, cut inside and shoot...imagine seeing Malouda and Kalou on the wings again? :D

Some defensive mistakes, but fuck that, we have one of the best defenses in the world so nothing to worry about there.

The key point for Robbie to solve is the central midfield at the moment. We haven't looked solid there until Lamps and Essien were brought in and not looking solid there exposes us a lot on counters. If, which I believe we will, sort our the fast transition from midfield to attacking areas we could have a wonderful attacking team opposition will be shitting their pants from. Add to that a dangerous in form striker and you get this week and week out :D

*censored*

Hazard is fucking quality. You can just see it, he is class above others. Everything seems to easy and fluid and what I really like about him is that he just keeps running and pushing through.

Marin did really well also and having a player with his pace and dribbling ability will definitely be a massive asset.

Other then them, others did well, some more, some less but in the end, we won, calmed the game in 2nd half and got through without injuries. Glad to see Lukaku score 2 goals also so easily. If he keeps banging them through preseason he could convince Robbie to give him chances in the PL rather then going out on loan.

Exciting times ahead and can't wait to see us play again!

Oh, and the famous picture again for our kits. Whoever designed it deserves the fucking world!

*censored*

Can you read my mind or what Sh0nx or what? :D

Those are the exact words I would say, or rather to say, post to this topic if I had a little moore spare time.

Quality post. Period.

This game was an excellent workout for the lads involved. Some really nice forward movement all through the game. Can never expect too much this early in pre season but this game was played at a very good tempo and will have done the players the world of good.

Thought our weakest players were Benayoun who just could not get himself involved in the game enough and Ferreira who was constantly out of position and not tracking players. Everyone else did well. Thought Josh looked good despite the poor pass for their first goal. Marin and Hazard were really lively and i am looking forward to seeing more of that through the season. Lukaku looked good, strong and composed, better with his hold up play as the game went on. De Bruyne should excellent flashes but was trying a little too hard.

Best young player of the game for me was Todd Kane when he came on, does what he does best, gets up and down that left flank and gets the ball in, even one trademark long drive at goal. Piazon looked class and composed when he came on too.

All in all a very positive performance, PSG a much bigger hurdle in the next game though....