Seattle Sounders Vs Chelsea

James

I have found in Rojadirecta some links for downloading the full match in high quality. I don't know if they are the same as the ones of the download section here because I can't access it yet, but just in case here is the link to the page for those who want to watch it again: :blue scalf:

http://forum.rojadirecta.es/showthread.php?174913-FUTBOL-Amistoso-Seattle-Sounders-vs.-Chelsea-18-07-2012

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hutchinson and Cahill had an amazing connection during their cameo partnership! I was superbly happy by that, and i think Sam should be our second choice RB and third CB, and Ivan to be our RB. He didn't command the backline, nor did Hilario, which made us vulnerable and Seattle took advantage of! I am so amazed at the level he can play at, tbh, despite the fact it was a friendly.

Lulu showed his prowess, and i think it could be a good indication of him trying to show his worth - which he did!

Currently re-watching the game.

I'm concerned about the lack of play through the middle. Hazard was certainly not on the ball enough.

We also barely pressed, and instead of making tackles, usually waited for them to make an iffy pass.

Impressed by Benayoun when central, and if Marin had more composure and less selfishness in the match, he may have been my MOTM.

Mikel my Flop Of The Match.

Anyone eles feel that the second half team was a far better balanced side then the 1st half, sure the 1st was exciting but had huge flaws, the second half team looked more like a side in the premiership, now some kind of hybrid between the 2 and we'll destroy anyone, keep the small players to a minimum but keep the most creative, marin/hazard/ or mata/rami etc etc and vice versa, anno its only early days but looking at city and the second half team with essien and lamps its clear we need height in the midfield as well as creativity.

Looks really impressive tho well happy with hazard and marin!! cannot fathom how oscar or any other small players will work tho as well but i cud see them working as back ups defo.

Anyone eles feel that the second half team was a far better balanced side then the 1st half, sure the 1st was exciting but had huge flaws, the second half team looked more like a side in the premiership, now some kind of hybrid between the 2 and we'll destroy anyone, keep the small players to a minimum but keep the most creative, marin/hazard/ or mata/rami etc etc and vice versa, anno its only early days but looking at city and the second half team with essien and lamps its clear we need height in the midfield as well as creativity.

Looks really impressive tho well happy with hazard and marin!! cannot fathom how oscar or any other small players will work tho as well but i cud see them working as back ups defo.

Agreed. If we can carry the flair from the first half and combine it with the solidity of the second, we're onto a winner.

Oh by the way - I never realised Hazard had so much pace!

I feel he'd be much better on the wing, but unfortunately, I feel Mata will be placed on the wing with Hazard central to keep him happy.

I also believe Mata's a better passer, while Hazard's the better dribbler.

Hopefully RDM does what's right.

I'm concerned about the lack of play through the middle. Hazard was certainly not on the ball enough.

We also barely pressed, and instead of making tackles, usually waited for them to make an iffy pass.

Impressed by Benayoun when central, and if Marin had more composure and less selfishness in the match, he may have been my MOTM.

You can't expect tackles to be flying in in the first match of pre-season. I was actually impressed by how well the team pressed in the second half consider the low levels of fitness.

Caught the replay of the game and can't help but be really excited for the new season. So many exciting performances for such an early pre game match (yeah yeah, defensive problems that will no doubt be sorted). Also great support by the seattle fans, watched a couple of games at their stadium and they no doubt got the most impressive support in the MLS.

I would expect nothing less from Marko Marin. To be more specific I think he can be way better, he looked sharp like two years back when he was playing with Özil. I think he just needed to play with someone like Hazard, not to mention he will have support not only from Hazard but also from Mata.

Marko Marin was a bargain. He will be absolute beast in future.

Hazard already is looking like he could be my favorite player in the squad. Reminds me of Joe Cole so much its unreal!

Feel asleep and missed the last 10 minutes of the game sadly but it still ended 4-2 and I thought we were good enough for our first game against a team half way through their season!

First half we didn't go through the middle but that's because McEachran and Mikel weren't able to get any control of the midfield at all. Second half was much better. Second half Lampard even pushed up and Essien was bossing the midfield alone haha. I think if Mikel has a better game, we would have been fine in the first half too.

First half we didn't go through the middle but that's because McEachran and Mikel weren't able to get any control of the midfield at all. Second half was much better. Second half Lampard even pushed up and Essien was bossing the midfield alone haha. I think if Mikel has a better game, we would have been fine in the first half too.

Mikel was to busy moaning when something went wrong. He was really pissing me off with his attitude.