Seattle Sounders Vs Chelsea

James

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

de bruyne is good, his not a shooter although.

the best thing about tonight was seeing our youth defense... they did great!

Essien has to go

Feriera has to go

de bruyne to loan?

He is not a shooter?, what a load of bollocks mate. That's like saying Arjen Robben isn't a shooter because he missed lots of sitters against us.

De Bruyne was a goal machine for Genk and scored amazing long shots. He was hitting a ball like Hulk there, just because he gets some off target doesn't mean shit. Don't base a player on one game, especially when it's his first in a Chelsea shirt and a god damn friendly.

Lukaku did well, today but I think a loan could work in his favor. There are a few things he could add to his game. His one-touch passing, link-up play and runs at goal where great to watch though.

Josh should be allowed to stay. If he goes to some lower team, he won't benefit as no-one will make the runs that Marin and Lukaku did today.

Kakuta and DeBruyne will hopefully start the next game to get a better chance to impress. Kevin did try a lot though.

He is not a shooter?, what a load of bollocks mate. That's like saying Arjen Robben isn't a shooter because he missed lots of sitters against us.

De Bruyne was a goal machine for Genk and scored amazing long shots. He was hitting a ball like Hulk there, just because he gets some off target doesn't mean shit. Don't base a player on one game, especially when it's his first in a Chelsea shirt and a god damn friendly.

Kevin DB usually needs a bit of time to get his level up, Long passes and shots is one of his specialties normally,

Check some of these goals out:

Exciting times for Chelsea, especially if you're Belgian as well. :)

Edit: seems I've got to get up in an hour and a half. Better just do all nighter then.

its just pre season friendly and that too just 1 match but these are somethings which seem clear

1. benayoun and malouda should be sold. i dont see the point of letting kalou go but keeping either of these 2. we have plenty of players to make up for them; marin,hazard,mata,kdb,rambo and whoever we are looking to buy. even danny can play in the wing. what happens if we keep a player like malouda is that when it is time to give a chance to youngsters people often go for lesser risk and take to experience.

2. essien does not need to be sold. he might not be back at his best but he played well and considering that this was just a pre-season friendly, i would think that he was playing at his 80% only, which is a good sign for us.

3. people who want mikel to be sold off should shut their mouths and just look at the cl final.

4. we need a new right back. ferreira is past.

Piazon/Bruyne and Josh should go on loan.

Despite his 2 goals, I did not like Lukaku's peformance.

Besides his lazy give-away, Josh had two beautiful long pass assists. I'd love to see him get first-team time alongside Mikel/Lamps in the deeper midfield positions

Well that was fun. Very impressed with Hazard, who just looks supremely gifted and confident. Marin played well and it was good to see Lukaku getting a couple of goals to his name. Obviously, problems were there defensively in the first half, but this is just pre-season. This is the time irons those problems out. Overall, a good win.

Lukaku's performance didn't matter. He scored 2 goals which therefore he had a very successful day at the office. He did his job. He'll gain a lot of confidence too from that. KdB looked kinda nervous but that's to be expected, probably trying a bit too hard to impress.

I enjoyed the performances of Hazard and Marin, Hazard in particular. Looked very sharp, quick turns, always aware and the ability to take on defenders, something we've lacked since Robben and Duff.

Lukaku took his goals well and overall his link up play was good. My only problem is his all round game still needs to be polished. Lacks any real technique to move with the ball and keep under control. A loan move is a must in my opinion, hopefully the reports of Fulham's interest soon materialize.

Positives:

1. Marin and Hazard. Very impressed from what I've seen. Provides plenty of creative vibes, movement, trickery and attacking threat.

2. We looked quite dangerous going forward especially in the first half. Lots of movement, pace and quick transitions from defence to attack, which we have sorely lacked in recent times.

3. McEachran. Played nice through balls in the first half and two, crucially that set Marin and Lukaku up for their goals from what I remember.

4. Played some very nice one touch football too.

Negatives:

1. Dodgy defending. The first goal especially is just pure sloppyness from Josh, yes, he's in the positives and negatives.

2. Made too many sloppy passes especially in the second half.

All in all, decent game and a good win. Roll on the next one, PSG on Sunday.

Edited by BluesMaster

Hazard, Marin, Lukaku were nice.

BUT did you lot see Essien!! Dude was beasting the midfield by himself hahaha, man he looked gooood. If he gets back to decent form boy we'll be beast. I thought Essien was the most badass player in the world when he was on form. I'm very excited for him, hopefully he continues and doesn't get unlucky with injuries, would be a huuuge bonus.