Zlatan Ibrahimovic

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Messi and Ronaldo have Champions League medals, Hazard LEFT France because he was too good for it and Aguero....well Aguero probably should be player of the season but he's had a tough season with injuries.

I think I'm being harsh on him, but it's all this dare to Zlatan shit that just got me wondering....what does 'dare to Zlatan' actually mean? Put yourself first? Get in fights with teammates? Test yourself at the very highest level possible?

As we all know, Zlatan may be the only player on Earth who's more vain and arrogant than CR7. Think this whole "Dare to Zlatan" campaign is just playing up his personality more so than his game.

It's part of the reason I like him so much to be honest. He's so arrogant both on and off the pitch and just knows that he can basically do as he pleases.

As we all know, Zlatan may be the only player on Earth who's more vain and arrogant than CR7. Think this whole "Dare to Zlatan" campaign is just playing up his personality more so than his game.

It's part of the reason I like him so much to be honest. He's so arrogant both on and off the pitch and just knows that he can basically do as he pleases.

One could call it arrogant, or simply that he is himself.

Nowadays in the media people just put on a costume. He speaks his mind. I like and respect that.

Seriously???? People doubting zlatan. A player who has won the league with ajax, juve, inter (after a gap of 15 or so years), barca, ac milan and then psg.

After winnong the scudetto with ac milan, he was on a streak of eight straight league wins in three different countries and with five different clubs, including the later stripped wins withJuventus.

But since he has not played in PL, he can't be THAT good. Can he???

Also this is the guy who has scored so many amazong goals that it is unbelievable. He has about 3 or 4 goal of the year awards.

Anyways #daretozlatan is a nike campaign or PR stunt. I don't think zlatan actually was on twitter all day long giving back replies. I would say it was a nike-guy using his image as ego maniac to further whatever they are doing.

PS- Just to be clear about his time in barca. Zlatan was not the one who actually caused the problem. It was messi's inflated ego to play as a ST rather than a winger that was the root caise for the shit.

Zlatan would have no problems in the EPL. dont get why people even discuss about it. of course he hasnt proved it, but he has been playing great for every team. he even scored over 20 goals for Barcelona, where he wasnt at his best due to Messi and Co and he still managed to bang his goals in etc. And he also already had a lot of good games against top teams. Messi also sucked against us in nearly every game and often wasnt good in the CL semi-finals and is shit at the World Cup. So is he overrated? and wouldnt he succeed here in the EPL?

Champions League also often depends on luck and other factors, not only class. There have been quite some great players without a CL medal. And in terms of WC and EC, well he is plyaing for Sweden, so there aint a big chance to win something with the country....

Zlatan was the best striker in the world probably last season (minus cr+messi). and he isnt worse this season.

Seriously???? People doubting zlatan. A player who has won the league with ajax, juve, inter (after a gap of 15 or so years), barca, ac milan and then psg.

After winnong the scudetto with ac milan, he was on a streak of eight straight league wins in three different countries and with five different clubs, including the later stripped wins withJuventus.

But since he has not played in PL, he can't be THAT good. Can he???

Weren't his league titles with Juve struck off because they were corrupt?

Also this is the guy who has scored so many amazong goals that it is unbelievable. He has about 3 or 4 goal of the year awards.

Tony Yeboah scored great goals. I'm not saying he's not talented but what exactly is the defining image of Zlatan? Is it the towering header and penalty in a CL final like Didier? Is it a header in a CL final like Ronaldo? Or is it four goals in a friendly against an England team that included the likes of Ryan Shawcross and Steven Caulker?

Again, I'm not saying he isn't a great player but just that he's become a little overrated in the last couple of years playing in the French league.

Messi also sucked against us in nearly every game and often wasnt good in the CL semi-finals and is shit at the World Cup. So is he overrated? and wouldnt he succeed here in the EPL?

That would be Messi who has won 3 Champions League titles, scoring in 2 of the finals?

Tony Yeboah scored great goals. I'm not saying he's not talented but what exactly is the defining image of Zlatan? Is it the towering header and penalty in a CL final like Didier? Is it a header in a CL final like Ronaldo? Or is it four goals in a friendly against an England team that included the likes of Ryan Shawcross and Steven Caulker?

Again, I'm not saying he isn't a great player but just that he's become a little overrated in the last couple of years playing in the French league.

That would be Messi who has won 3 Champions League titles, scoring in 2 of the finals?

the image of zlatan is that of a non-chalant, cocky, arrogant, takes no shit striker who can score goals, other can barely dream of!!! not every1 can be a DD or a CR or a messi.

the fact that we are comparing zlatan to these guys proves that he is a great player himself!!! (which u do admit, so no point going in circles)

as for over-rated, i dont think so. he is simply getting a lot of limelight which he deserves.

the image of zlatan is that of a non-chalant, cocky, arrogant, takes no shit striker who can score goals, other can barely dream of!!! not every1 can be a DD or a CR or a messi.

the fact that we are comparing zlatan to these guys proves that he is a great player himself!!! (which u do admit, so no point going in circles)

as for over-rated, i dont think so. he is simply getting a lot of limelight which he deserves.

The difference between someone like Didier and Zlatan is that I think Didier makes the players around him better, and steps up when it's important. Ibrahimovic for all his qualities has spent ONE season in one of the top two leagues in Europe. Yes he has a fine record in Italy (not including the seasons spent playing for a corrupt old slag) and was top scorer twice....as was Antonio Di Natale, a player who could be mocked by Arsenal fans for his lack of silverware.

In his last 5 years, he was deemed unnecessary by Barcelona and sold for the same price as Andre Schurrle, knocked out of the Champions League by Spurs and then went off to Paris where his reputation seems to have grown as he became the biggest kid in the schoolyard.

As for his image, I'm talking about that one defining image of him that you put on a poster. What is it? Maybe it's my bias against people who refer to themselves in the third-person but I simply think he's overrated in the pantheon of modern striking greats like Drogba, Ronaldo, Eto'o, Messi, Henry etc.

Messi was also playing for the best team in the world at that time, which hepled him a lot. Zlatan was playing for Inter+Juve and Milan neither are teams at the level of Barca. And when he was at Barca, they wasnt at their best this year too and he had problems with Pep.

And his CL staistics are good, if you look at them. He was winning for Milan at his own and he was very important for PSG too last season.

I wouldnt say he is overrated. he seems that he has matured more and is more focused. just look at his statistics from this year in the Cl. they are amazing.

And his Barca time wasnt a fail. his statistics were good, he scored imporant goals against Stutgart for example. but he just didnt get along with Pep, who did not want to have players in the team, who arent faking and pretending to be down-to earth players and coming with shit cars to training while having the Ferrars in the garage.

The difference between someone like Didier and Zlatan is that I think Didier makes the players around him better, and steps up when it's important. Ibrahimovic for all his qualities has spent ONE season in one of the top two leagues in Europe. Yes he has a fine record in Italy (not including the seasons spent playing for a corrupt old slag) and was top scorer twice....as was Antonio Di Natale, a player who could be mocked by Arsenal fans for his lack of silverware.

In his last 5 years, he was deemed unnecessary by Barcelona and sold for the same price as Andre Schurrle, knocked out of the Champions League by Spurs and then went off to Paris where his reputation seems to have grown as he became the biggest kid in the schoolyard.

As for his image, I'm talking about that one defining image of him that you put on a poster. What is it? Maybe it's my bias against people who refer to themselves in the third-person but I simply think he's overrated in the pantheon of modern striking greats like Drogba, Ronaldo, Eto'o, Messi, Henry etc.

There is no denying who the better person is. DD is a great, no doubt. But one can make an argument that was not he knocked out of CL by an inter team? Was not messi's barca??? The same team and league zlatan was playing for a year before. These individual and isolated events can't be used as an arguments for every player.

Gerrard for all his greatness doea not have a PL title. Does it make him any less great???

DD had a story and an ending that any sportsperson in the world would envy... absolutely envy. It was perfect. Add to that DD's affect on a dressign room compared to ibra's, u literally are comparing apples and oranges here.

Every player is different and thrives under different atmosphere and presaure. Seems zlatan has found his perfect place in psg. U can't deny that he has been one of the best players in the world in the last one and a half year. Hence people are "overreacting" (as u would put it) to evrything he does.

Gerrard for all his greatness doea not have a PL title. Does it make him any less great???

He has a Champions League winner's medal....hell that 2005 performance is probably his defining moment as a player. What is Zlatan's?

Seems zlatan has found his perfect place in psg. U can't deny that he has been one of the best players in the world in the last one and a half year. Hence people are "overreacting" (as u would put it) to evrything he does.

His perfect place is a weaker league? A flat-track to bully?

He'll surely win the ballon d'or in his first season in the MLS then.

He has a Champions League winner's medal....hell that 2005 performance is probably his defining moment as a player. What is Zlatan's?

His perfect place is a weaker league? A flat-track to bully?

He'll surely win the ballon d'or in his first season in the MLS then.

zlatan has one la liga medal, how many serie a medals? one eredivisie, and one ligue 1 medal. well, here is a player who has consistently performed at the top of his game, rather than had a moment of magic. i would definitely take that!!!!

his perfect place is in a team like PSG where he is a top-dog. a team like PSG who is in the CL QF (already even though the second leg is to be played), and one of the favourites to win the league.

zlatan has one la liga medal, how many serie a medals? one eredivisie, and one ligue 1 medal. well, here is a player who has consistently performed at the top of his game, rather than had a moment of magic. i would definitely take that!!!!

his perfect place is in a team like PSG where he is a top-dog. a team like PSG who is in the CL QF (already even though the second leg is to be played), and one of the favourites to win the league.

His perfect place is a poor league. At his prime, he has chosen to go to a second-tier league.

Zlatan is a great player, and he's played for great teams. What's his defining moment as a player? It's a question you simply keep ignoring.

His perfect place is a poor league. At his prime, he has chosen to go to a second-tier league.

Zlatan is a great player, and he's played for great teams. What's his defining moment as a player? It's a question you simply keep ignoring.

second tier league? ac milan won CL in 02-03, finalist in 04-05, won again in 06-07. inter won it in 09-10. infact i would say, zlatan spent his prime playing in one of the best leagues in the world.

their is no one defining moment. there are SEVERAL. the fact that he won 8 consecutive leagues is the defining moment. the fact that he can score one amazing goal after nothing, so much so that, it almost becomes a part of a daily schedule is the defining moment.

second tier league? ac milan won CL in 02-03, finalist in 04-05, won again in 06-07. inter won it in 09-10. infact i would say, zlatan spent his prime playing in one of the best leagues in the world.

I was talking about now, as in the French league.

their is no one defining moment. there are SEVERAL. the fact that he won 8 consecutive leagues is the defining moment. the fact that he can score one amazing goal after nothing, so much so that, it almost becomes a part of a daily schedule is the defining moment.

I'm bored of discussing this with you. Apparently he has several defining moments, none of which you can call to mind. Let's just agree to disagree.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You