Eden Hazard

the wes

Hazard is stronger, faster, has better work rate and defends better. The comparison is a poor one, even if we build the team around him. Also Mata is 100x more easily dispossessed than Hazard is. So there's no common ground to compare

Of course if you compare the two, playing Hazard as the No.10 and giving him a free role sounds like the sanest of ideas but you are still effectively doing the same thing by doing that - telling all the other 10 (or 9) players to do the dirty work and giving one a free role.

On its own, think you know why Hazard hasn't been played much at all in the No.10 role under Mourinho and if he's going to trust Hazard and give him a free (or freer) role in the team, never mind the position he's playing in, then he needs to be more consistent and influential in matches first.

Don't think a free role is really necessary. Just play him as a left forward instead of a left winger. Subtle yet vital difference. I think Hazard would work best in 4-3-3 or 3-4-3. Maybe the latter even better because he'll have more midfielders in support.

Don't really like him as a n°10 because in that position your most important quality is to be able to play, connect, switch really fast and for me Hazard is more about getting the ball, driving forward, skipping past a defender, etc. A lot more difficult to do that in a n° 10 position where he'll constantly have at least two defenders breathing down his neck. Coming from the side against just one defender he's always bound to get the better of the opponent.

Eden was unreal today. Making defenders look like training dummies.

When he truly tries like he did today there isn't a better dribbler on the planet. He just effortlessly explodes past players. He and Messi are very similar in that aspect.

For me, Eden is the 2nd best dribbler in the world after Messi. And I really mean this! It's just amazing how incredible he is with the ball at his feet. FFS I can't control the ball like this even in FIFA after a number of years ! :rant:

You could see it in his eyes yesterday when he was getting ready to come in, he really wanted to enjoy a game of football :D

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2014-15/aug/van-persie-remains-top-selling-shirt-in-barclays-premier-league.html

Surprised to see him at 4. last year...

I wonder how many no 10 he'll sell this season, and can't wait to see will Costa and Fabregas be on this list :)

I think Hazard really shines when he is slightly in the middle with a winger (or left back) supporting him. He shouldn't play too wide on the wings.

Also, looking at the vids, I find his teammates much too far away from him... Fabregas should be much closer to him...

I think Hazard really shines when he is slightly in the middle with a winger (or left back) supporting him. He shouldn't play too wide on the wings.

Also, looking at the vids, I find his teammates much too far away from him... Fabregas should be much closer to him...

Exactly. I noticed that too. I don't know if it's a tactics to leave him alone with 3markers, but people are supposed to be around him when he's on the move so that he has more options for a pass/dribble/shot.

http://www.premierleague.com/en-gb/news/news/2014-15/aug/van-persie-remains-top-selling-shirt-in-barclays-premier-league.html

Surprised to see him at 4. last year...

I wonder how many no 10 he'll sell this season, and can't wait to see will Costa and Fabregas be on this list :)

which means Torres isn't the player who's selling more shirts anymore. Lamps made the top 10 but Torres dropped out of it.

Good, time to move on (actually time to move on was already last season).

But it works two ways. If he's too far away, he should get into better positions so that he has an opportunity to pass/receive a pass. That's part of having a great vision. It's not always only his teammates' fault.

I hope he plays more direct this season, less of the unnecessary dribbling in our half or in midfield if he must then he should be driving at opposition defense or dribbling to create the chance to shoot. I expect him to hit the 20 goal mark since he takes penalties with at least 8 assists but I know he can do more with more directness in his play.

I hope he plays more direct this season, less of the unnecessary dribbling in our half or in midfield if he must then he should be driving at opposition defense or dribbling to create the chance to shoot. I expect him to hit the 20 goal mark since he takes penalties with at least 8 assists but I know he can do more with more directness in his play.

He doesn't even need to be too direct. All he has to do is to quickly dribble into the 18box as fast as possible to make defenders not dare to slide tackle or risk penalties. This is why sterling and Suarez won a lot of penalties, because of how quickly they get into the box, to force the defender to make a decision.

If he doesn't do this, they'll keep on triple marking him and fouling him outside dangerous areas, and stop our attacks easily.

I wish there was a site to show hazards heat map and positions he occupies on the pitch compared to reus/sterling/schurlle (more direct players)

He doesn't even need to be too direct. All he has to do is to quickly dribble into the 18box as fast as possible to make defenders not dare to slide tackle or risk penalties. This is why sterling and Suarez won a lot of penalties, because of how quickly they get into the box, to force the defender to make a decision.

If he doesn't do this, they'll keep on triple marking him and fouling him outside dangerous areas, and stop our attacks easily.

I wish there was a site to show hazards heat map and positions he occupies on the pitch compared to reus/sterling/schurlle (more direct players)

Not disputing your point here and maybe it's just my mind that has gone to pots but I don't really recall those two winning a lot of penalties last season or even the season before that.

During Pre season he sucked 2-3 players in and then proceeded to either use the LB or play a cross field ball to rw or rb perhaps it is tactical, not sure but I can't go another season watching him receiving the ball, slow the pace down and invite two players to foul him decimating our momentum and Tbh it kills his attitude, you know from the first ten minutes what kind of game we will get from Eden.

May seem harsh but I think it's fair with the amount of potential he has.