Eden Hazard

the wes

It is a worry that he doesn't shoot more often, or take it upon himself to run at players more. Ronaldo does it all the time because he's supremely confident that he's 'the man'.

But being 'the man' brings pressure with it. Under-perform and you're going to get stick because you've put yourself in the spotlight, don't put yourself in the spotlight and there's no criticism. Hazard needs to start backing himself and thinking everytime he gets the ball that he's going to score.

Yes he's going to miss a lot, but he'll also score far more. This is the season he either steps up to another level or he's simply a very good player.

He is obviously more of a playmaker than a finisher but I do agree he needs to take better advantage of the areas he often gets into. Also I think he slows down the play too much, he needs to attack at full speed more often than he does. So many times you'll see him get into space and be ponderous on the ball, he needs to be faster and not allow the defense to reset when we get out on the break.

He is obviously more of a playmaker than a finisher but I do agree he needs to take better advantage of the areas he often gets into. Also I think he slows down the play too much, he needs to attack at full speed more often than he does. So many times you'll see him get into space and be ponderous on the ball, he needs to be faster and not allow the defense to reset when we get out on the break.

Last night he knocked the ball on the outside of their defender and went past....how often does he do that? He so rarely actually puts the foot down that it actually surprised me. Think the last time he did that was Villa away in 2013 when his hammy went.

I think we all just want to see him be more aggressive and go at players. Maybe the addition of Luis will give him more space and confidence to do that, because he's one of the most exciting players in football on his day.

Last night he knocked the ball on the outside of their defender and went past....how often does he do that? He so rarely actually puts the foot down that it actually surprised me. Think the last time he did that was Villa away in 2013 when his hammy went.

I think we all just want to see him be more aggressive and go at players. Maybe the addition of Luis will give him more space and confidence to do that, because he's one of the most exciting players in football on his day.

Agreed. The Messi comparisons need to stop until he takes the initiative to run at players at top speed. That's what Lionel does better than anyone in the game. When Hazard starts to do that successfully then we can say we have a ballon d'or candidate on our hands.

He has all the tools its just mental now.

Not often but how often does he actually get into a situation where he can go one on one with the defender, where there's massive amount of space in behind ? Rarely.

Last season there were usually 2 players waiting for Hazard with a third closing off the space behind them which made knocking the ball past those 2 defenders difficult to do as the third would just step in and clear the ball.

I've said it before but when Hazard gets into one on one situations he usually goes for it. It's just that teams rarely let that happen as they know how dangerous Hazard can be in those situations.

Like you said in your post i really believe Luis will give him that bit of extra space he needs, to have a go at players.

There was actually a nice example of this against Besiktas, when Hazard takes out 2 players and draws the foul.

Luis his run made that possible as he took away 1 of Besiktas players leaving Hazard in a 1 on 1 situation with one of their central midfielders.

Not often but how often does he actually get into a situation where he can go one on one with the defender, where there's massive amount of space in behind ? Rarely.

Last season there were usually 2 players waiting for Hazard with a third closing off the space behind them which made knocking the ball past those 2 defenders difficult to do as the third would just step in and clear the ball.

I've said it before but when Hazard gets into one on one situations he usually goes for it. It's just that teams rarely let that happen as they know how dangerous Hazard can be in those situations.

Like you said in your post i really believe Luis will give him that bit of extra space he needs, to have a go at players.

There was actually a nice example of this against Besiktas, when Hazard takes out 2 players and draws the foul.

Luis his run made that possible as he took away 1 of Besiktas players leaving Hazard in a 1 on 1 situation with one of their central midfielders.

He slows down too much for my liking. That is why it seems he is crowded out EVERY single time. People like robben/Dimaria are far more dangerous for both club and country but he doesn't seem to be as crowded as Hazard. It's not because opposition is stupid to notice their dangerous, it's because hazard slows down too much when he can take advantage of a 1on1 situation.

He slows down too much for my liking. That is why it seems he is crowded out EVERY single time. People like robben a

Well i think he slows down, at times he even walks up to defenders with the ball :P , because he wants to bait the defender or have him stand still so he can then use his burst of speed to blow right by him.

I mean Hazard has a good dose of pace on him but the majority off the fullbacks do aswell so his main weapon to use is that burst of speed he has over the first 10-20 yards. It's there where he makes the difference.

Also on the counter i always get the feeling when he slows down it's because he's waiting for a teammate to make a run so he can play him in or drive at the space that the run made.

Well i think he slows down, at times he even walks up to defenders with the ball :P , because he wants to bait the defender or have him stand still so he can then use his burst of speed to blow right by him.

I mean Hazard has a good dose of pace on him but the majority off the fullbacks do aswell so his main weapon to use is that burst of speed he has over the first 10-20 yards. It's there where he makes the difference.

Also on the counter i always get the feeling when he slows down it's because he's waiting for a teammate to make a run so he can play him in or drive at the space that the run made.

I edited my post. But most of the time, that slowing down is the wrong decision. If he quickly gets at the defender and he gets into the 18box, he has provided a shorter route to the box. A lot of chances created by Holland in the worldcup was due to how quickly robben attacked the box, the hazard method of waiting only works when you have runners off the ball or worldclass attacking teammates which we lacked in Chelsea last season. Maybe now costa and schurlle will help with that slowing down style with their runs but hazard has to play like the onus is on him to do something more often to reach his potential.

His technique and dribbling is already worldclass IMO, he has nothing left to develop except this and finishing and mentality to attack his marker, or else he could still be at the same level in 2-3years time like wilshere/nani/quarezma and many others with ballon d'or potential at 22.

Ba and Luiz are gone. These were hazards fellow jokers/comedians in the team maybe Mourinho wants to forge hazards mentality or I'm I watching too much movies? :ph34r:

Jose will assign Diego Costa to iron Eden out. Once Diego is done, Eden will eat lighting and crap thunder while not even trying !

He also needs ball boys to kick! [emoji48]

Ba and Luiz are gone. These were hazards fellow jokers/comedians in the team maybe Mourinho wants to forge hazards mentality or I'm I watching too much movies? :ph34r:

I actually think that's not too crazy. Ba was going to go anyway, but selling Luiz could be part of a plan to stretch Hazard a bit. Then again, anyone would sell Luiz if given 50 Mio!

Eden was unreal today. Making defenders look like training dummies.

When he truly tries like he did today there isn't a better dribbler on the planet. He just effortlessly explodes past players. He and Messi are very similar in that aspect.