Eden Hazard

the wes

He should play more centrally... in the WC for example he was far too isolated on the wings... whenever he has the ball in the center he is ALWAYS dangerous... Wenger was right when he said Hazard will end up in the middle later in his career. I'd see him in an "in between" position between the wings and the centre, like Figo back in the day. When he drift away too far on the wing, he is ineffective.

I'm sure his understanding with Fabregas will be deadly.

As for taking his game to the next level, of course it's only going to come with time. He still managed to be voted 2nd best player in the entire league last season and was our POTY. He's 23 and I'm very pleased with the progress his made since his joined us. An important point that should be mentioned is that he's in his 6th year as a professional and has spent 4 years of that at a medium sized French club. It's widely considered that the Champions League knock-out phase is the highest level of football. Last season was only the second time he had played in the Champions League's league and only the first time he had played in the Champions League knock-out phase. And when he did, he got hurt vs PSG.

Compare that to players like Messi and Ronaldo who have played for huge clubs since they were teenagers and were already making deep runs in the knock-out phase with their respective clubs. This obviously helped accelerate the development of those players. Hazard never had that and that does make a difference. So it only makes sense that his growth is more natural. With the team we have now, I'm sure he will get better this season and win the premier league POTY this time, barring Costa doesn't get injured.

Hazard's laid back personality is irrelevant to his success as a footballer. More important is his work ethic and dedication to training and improving himself. Mourinho initially wanted more but when he noticed improvements, he praised him.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/chelsea-manager-jose-mourinho-hails-work-ethic-of-ever-improving-eden-hazard-9053360.html (Read his words carefully)

It's also nice to see he looks leaner than he did this time last season, so I'm expecting a quicker start to the season than last time.

article-2712001-2027AAF600000578-52_634x

What happened to that petition to rename Chelsea FC to Hazard FC? :lol: I can certainly see why it was proposed.

In other news listening to Hazard give this (unintentional) backhanded compliment to Bremen on Chelsea TV was hilarious.

'It's always difficult to play against a smaller team as they give everything because they are playing against Chelsea.'

:wank2:

All those pills making you mad grandpa?

go away you annoying little boy..perhaps go back and insult Lampard

Quote me one of my 'insults' to Lampard please.

Stick each other on ignore and do us all a favor please.

Unlocking Eden

Pretty good read if you're bored

Decision making and confidence will be crucial this year. At times there Hazard hesitates to work the opportunity to shoot for himself. Gareth Bale played eight fewer league games than Hazard, but still had 15 more shots. Marco Reus played six fewer games than Hazard, yet produced 37 more shots. Arjen Robben produced two more shots than Hazard in 12 fewer games. Naturally they are enabled by having superior movement and passing in their sides, but the "eyeball test" on Hazard is one that suggests he passes up far too many shooting opportunities.

Exactly, he doesn't shoot. He needs to give his markers more things to think about when defending him.(dribble/pass/SHOOT)

He also doesn't get into the 18box enough. Even sterling gets into the 18box more, hazard should make more runs into the box now we have fabregas to pick him out.

It is a worry that he doesn't shoot more often, or take it upon himself to run at players more. Ronaldo does it all the time because he's supremely confident that he's 'the man'.

But being 'the man' brings pressure with it. Under-perform and you're going to get stick because you've put yourself in the spotlight, don't put yourself in the spotlight and there's no criticism. Hazard needs to start backing himself and thinking everytime he gets the ball that he's going to score.

Yes he's going to miss a lot, but he'll also score far more. This is the season he either steps up to another level or he's simply a very good player.