Eden Hazard

the wes

His lack of covering was the source of all our defensive problems.

Not true, the job of Mikel and Ramires was awful as well. We were opend so easly in the middle, that was Shakhtar easiest way to our 16, especially with Willian who did whatever he wanted yesterday. It was embarrassing at times... cant belive our Chelsea looks so bad defending.

Got a general question: What do you think Hazard's future position should be ? False 9, number 10, winger?

I kept thinking about it yesterday and i came to the conclusion that i don't think Hazard will reach his full potential as a player as long as he gets pushed out wide. I think he performs best when playing in a central position because it allows him to use his burst of pace and close ballcontrol more effectively. The position also leaves him with a lot of options making it more difficult for the opposition to know what he's going to do. I also think the amount of tracking back he needs to do as a winger is having a negative influence on his performance.

I would love to know what people think about this discussion point.

I think I understand what u mean. Its a tough one, hazard has the best close control in our team, very hard to get the ball off him. But he is good at drivin at players, which is why RDM plays him at the wings to attack full backs. If he develops his shooting more, he could be moved there in the center and oscar to the right.

4 Hazard has worrying lapses

The bright Belgian is superb in possession but switches off when he is not. This caused all kinds of problems down Chelsea’s left flank. Just before half-time, when for once he tracked back to provide support to Chelsea’s beleaguered left-back Ryan Bertrand, Hazard won a header but then stood still and let Shakhtar play the ball in behind him. Also, Hazard’s eagerness to be involved meant he wandered a bit too often.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/champions-league/9662786/Chelsea-v-Shakhtar-Donetsk-five-things-we-learnt.html

I think this was his best game so far this season.Finally beating players 1on1 and overall very impressive play.RDM's is stalling Eden's developement with his shit tactics imo.We sat deep like a championship side against Shaktar at home..This over defensive approach is not only pissing me off but is also very unefective with the type of players we currently have.

Got a general question: What do you think Hazard's future position should be ? False 9, number 10, winger?

I kept thinking about it yesterday and i came to the conclusion that i don't think Hazard will reach his full potential as a player as long as he gets pushed out wide. I think he performs best when playing in a central position because it allows him to use his burst of pace and close ballcontrol more effectively. The position also leaves him with a lot of options making it more difficult for the opposition to know what he's going to do. I also think the amount of tracking back he needs to do as a winger is having a negative influence on his performance.

I would love to know what people think about this discussion point.

I think we should try him as false nb9. He can keep the ball and combine with other players.

I would add KDB into our double pivot and maybe we could try Luiz as DM.

so something like that could be deadly :

------------- Hazard ----------------

Mata ------- Oscar --------Moses

------------ KDB -- LUIZ------------

Cole - Terry - Cahill / Ivan - Azpi

--------------- cech------------------

Moses could track back to help the right back, mata the left and Hazard stays in the middle. No problem anymore

Was actually very impressed with his tracking back in the 2nd half. Come to think of it, it was probably a very clear instruction.

Thought he had an excellent 2nd half. Was very involved, constantly fouled and his weighted pass to Ramires should/could have been a penalty. There was very little cooperation or glue between him and Bertrand though. In this formation I am also wondering why he would have to cover for Bertrand all the time.

Absolutely in love with this man. If anyone says he isn't a team player, look at all the defensive work he did. He did better defensively than Bertrand did, to such an extent that for the last 7 minutes di Matteo had Ivanovic and Bertrand to swap over because of how poorly Ryan was playing. That gave Eden the chance to bomb forward. Such a vital player for us. When he plays well, we win. Its as simple as peas.

4 Hazard has worrying lapses

The bright Belgian is superb in possession but switches off when he is not. This caused all kinds of problems down Chelsea’s left flank. Just before half-time, when for once he tracked back to provide support to Chelsea’s beleaguered left-back Ryan Bertrand, Hazard won a header but then stood still and let Shakhtar play the ball in behind him. Also, Hazard’s eagerness to be involved meant he wandered a bit too often.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/champions-league/9662786/Chelsea-v-Shakhtar-Donetsk-five-things-we-learnt.html

He won the header and he was way too far from the play to be able to catch up to the second ball. No blame from me on that play. I saw it again and he couldn't have came back. You can't expect a guy to win a defensive header and then go chase the second ball too.